Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's the April sleevers....

darneka1 - im not sure what kind of hunger it is. i definately still get hungry - but not like i used to so maybe it is head hunger?? Not really sure! I just know I needed to "eat"something today and since i knew that was a no-no, i settled for licking some yogurt off a spoon. LOL I have had 2 bouts of a dry heave since my surgery... not bad. I hear that happens when you take to much in and i am not eating much yet so i havent had an issue with it except those 2 occasions post op.

webhopper - when is your surgery? are you gettng VSG?

Yes; getting vsg.

My surgeon is Dr. Ladd Atkins in tulsa

Wow!! That is similar to what my husband had to do when he had the gastric bypass. He did 4 weeks. I give mad props to you SparkleCat.

Oh no! 3 DAYS! I don't think I could handle 3 or even 2 weeks of clear liquids! I've already warned friends and family to expect an unhappy Carrie for those three days!

Love the props, but I'm not earning them :)

Ya I have to do 2 weeks of full liquids and it stinks. I'm on day 2 and I'm dealing with the sugar withdrawal headache

I was also sleeved the 3rd. I am so sick of the sweet drinks & protien shakes. Tonight I just sat & cried kinda wishing I didn't go through with it. I haven't had too many complications just a little nausea. The hospital sent me home with an ice pack to keep the swelling down on my stomach but didn't say how long to use it. I feel much better when I use it but hope I am not slowing anything down. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I need to get out of this mind set that I made a mistake doing this. I am 40 years old & bw 432 cw 402 that was the day of my surgery. I haven't been on a scale since.

I was also sleeved the 3rd. I am so sick of the sweet drinks & protien shakes. Tonight I just sat & cried kinda wishing I didn't go through with it. I haven't had too many complications just a little nausea. The hospital sent me home with an ice pack to keep the swelling down on my stomach but didn't say how long to use it. I feel much better when I use it but hope I am not slowing anything down. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I need to get out of this mind set that I made a mistake doing this. I am 40 years old & bw 432 cw 402 that was the day of my surgery. I haven't been on a scale since.

Hey jbyler. There is a thread called, the first 12 weeks." You should read it. It really put me at ease and gave me alittle insight of what's to come. I get that everyone is different but it gave me a chance to mentally prepare myself of what's to come. You need to give yourself more of a chance than three days. Hold onto the reasons why you chose to be sleeved. You are strong and will get through it. The ice is fine on the incisions. My MD said use it as long as you're comfortable doing. It's Aldo good for gas pain on your shoulders. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! And we are all here for each other to vent and complain. Once you finally get on a scale you are going to be so happy!!!

I

PBucks.. There are men in this site. If you go under the support section there is a room called 'the guys room' too! Good luck on your journey!! I know there are many women here however they have tons of useful information too :). (Don't we always). Lol

Thanks Ndipilato! I found the guys room and many other rooms/topics. And yes the ladies have plenty of useful info. I now have approval and date.

4/15 - start two week pre-op diet

4/29 - operation

Here We Go!

I had no idea how to reply to a Quote at first. I think I have it figured out now. PBucks, you are having surgery the day after me, If I am up to it, I will let you know how things went later that evening. I will also keep you updated on the pre-op diet. I have started to do Protein shake in the morning and the other day I had one for lunch too. I am not sure what I will do today. Drinking Water seemed to help.

Edited by biggietosmaller

Hello family I go in April 10th please follow my updates on instagram under phrozensleeve Thanks

I'm 3 days post op. Had surgery on April 7. First day went well, second day was pretty rough, and today I'm feeling pretty great... Almost normal. Lol. I'm exited to start to see the scale move:)

Hey jbyler. There is a thread called, the first 12 weeks." You should read it. It really put me at ease and gave me alittle insight of what's to come. I get that everyone is different but it gave me a chance to mentally prepare myself of what's to come. You need to give yourself more of a chance than three days. Hold onto the reasons why you chose to be sleeved. You are strong and will get through it. The ice is fine on the incisions. My MD said use it as long as you're comfortable doing. It's Aldo good for gas pain on your shoulders. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! And we are all here for each other to vent and complain. Once you finally get on a scale you are going to be so happy!!!

Somuch2much - where is the thread called "the first 12 weeks" posted? I searched for it but couldn't find it and I would like to read it. Thanks!

<p>Hello all -</p> <p> </p> <p>I know several of us are hitting our 1 month mark this week. Mine is today. </p> <p> </p> <p>The body is an incredible thing, truly. It's a healing machine quite frankly. </p> <p> </p> <p>At one and two weeks out: </p> <p>-you wonder what you have done to yourself and you are pretty sure you will never feel quite normal again</p> <p>-you can't imagine yourself ever sleeping anywhere but the living room recliner</p> <p>-the thought of driving or going back to work seems like an unrealistic commitment you made Way Back Before Surgery</p> <p>-you can get in so little Water and Protein that it dawns on you that THESE are the weeks that will cause Hair loss several months from now</p> <p>-you learn what "sliming" is (ewwww)</p> <p>-MyFitnessPal tells you repeatedly: "You are getting too few calories. If every day were like today, you would be DEAD in 5 weeks." </p> <p> </p> <p>At three weeks out: </p> <p>-you feel better but not really there yet</p> <p>-you need extra naps on the weekend</p> <p>-getting in your water and protein can be done with the effort of a full time job</p> <p>-you have a strange painful stitch in your side that you've resigned yourself to bravely live with the rest of your life</p> <p>-you accidentally sleep all night with the heating pad on your largest incision site on its highest setting</p> <p>-you walk 20 minutes on the treadmill and then come onto this site and disbelievingly post, "WHEN did they say I should start exercising????"</p> <p>-your body decides you must be on a grueling episode of Survivor and goes into starvation mode yielding the world's most devastating weight loss stall prompting you to decide that you are a failure and did this all for NOTHING</p> <p> </p> <p>At four weeks out: </p> <p>-you sleep in your own bed in whatever position you want</p> <p>-the fire-hazardous heating pad gets put away</p> <p>-you walk 2+ miles at lunch and think maybe you could have done more</p> <p>-you have enough energy to really start cleaning the house again and get totally aggravated at hubby and kids for how little they managed to do for the past month</p> <p>-you randomly feel happy, mad, silly, sad as hormones and emotions take their toll</p> <p>-you have to pack up the first set of clothes which are now too big</p> <p>-you feel healthy....dare I say...normal?</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p>Yep, the first month is kind of amazing. </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

I FINALLY found it. It's called, "this is how the first 4 weeks go..,"

Edited by Somuch2much

Thanks for finding it. I hope I can have enough humor about everything in a couple of weeks. It's great to know that this site is here and everyone seems so helpful. Helps put me back in the right mindset. My husband went to GNC tonight & got me Isopure drinks to try & I think it will be a nice switch up for a little. At least I am not gagging trying to get a sweet Protein Shake down. It actually reminds me of gateraide.

Hey jbyler. What's your story? Are you sleeved? On the pre op? Or still testing?