Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was driving home from work the other day when I noticed a billboard advertising "New Non-Surgical Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis!". Great, I thought, I better look into that. About a minute later, I realized, I don't have any foot pain any longer! I don't need any special medical treatment for plantar fasciitis! And maybe I'm going to take these crazy, expensive insoles out of my shoes because I don't need them any longer.

In addition to the plantar fasciitis going away, I have almost no knee or back pain any longer. I can do step routine at the gym and I can feel where the pain used to be, but it doesn't actually hurt. Also, my back is SO much better! I used to avoid carrying a purse, or even carrying my Bible to church, because everything I carried hurt my back. My home life was also really tough because my son is paraplegic, so even carrying him up to bed was awful. Now it's all a reminder of how strong I've become.

I still have mild tailbone pain (coccidinea), for which I've gotten cortisone injections in the past, but it's much better than previous. I feel like I did when I was 35!

I am truly blessed!

Funny how those ailments and pain dominated our lives and now they just silently slip away. Feels great, doesn't it. :)

How bad were your knees though??? My right knee is so bad that it's bone on bone now..... I need total knee replacement and that is what made me decide to go through with this surgery as I was told that i couldn't have it done unless I lost 100 lbs....I tried and tried on my own but only could lose 60 lbs on my own .... only to gain about twenty back... I was desperate to be able to walk again without a cane. I'm hoping that i won't need knee surgery now and have found a great natural supplement that i ordered to help with joint pain..... Let me know about you knee problems and how bad they were. It'd be great if I didn't have to have knee surgery and believe me I am in no hurry now to have another surgery :)

I now am no longer pre diabetic and my sleep quality has improved so much that I don't even snore anymore. I have absolutely no more knee pain anymore and my fitness level has doubled.

Huge victories.

Edited by Recycled

I'm hoping that i won't need knee surgery now and have found a great natural supplement that i ordered to help with joint pain.....

Save your money and the effort. Once it's bone on bone, you're screwed. I had both knees replaced before my Sleeve and the replacements were my motivation to get WLS. TKR's are quite an ordeal and I wanted to preserve my replacements the best I could, hence losing as much weight as I could. You might want to check out another forum call Bonesmart.org. I also posted there under Recycled. Good luck.

Ditto... I don't have knee issues myself, but I have four friends that had to have TKR. 3 of them have never been fat and 1 was only slightly overweight. Once it's bone on bone weight isn't really a factor whether you need surgery or not. Weight loss will greatly help recovery, though.

My right knee is so bad that it's bone on bone now..... I'm hoping that i won't need knee surgery now and have found a great natural supplement that i ordered to help with joint pain....

Save your money and the effort. Once it's bone on bone, you're screwed. I had both knees replaced before my Sleeve and the replacements were my motivation to get WLS. TKR's are quite an ordeal and I wanted to preserve my replacements the best I could, hence losing as much weight as I could. You might want to check out another forum call Bonesmart.org. I also posted there under Recycled. Good luck.

How bad were your knees though??? My right knee is so bad that it's bone on bone now..... I need total knee replacement and that is what made me decide to go through with this surgery as I was told that i couldn't have it done unless I lost 100 lbs....I tried and tried on my own but only could lose 60 lbs on my own .... only to gain about twenty back... I was desperate to be able to walk again without a cane. I'm hoping that i won't need knee surgery now and have found a great natural supplement that i ordered to help with joint pain..... Let me know about you knee problems and how bad they were. It'd be great if I didn't have to have knee surgery and believe me I am in no hurry now to have another surgery :)

I'm SO sorry to hear about how much pain you've gone through with your knees! No, my pain was just enough to keep me uncomfortable when I walked down stairs, with occasional flare-ups that had me walking with a limp. But never to the point of TKR. I must have some cartilege left to work with, I guess. Blessings on you!

My mdical victories so far.........

1. No longer pre-diabetic

2. Planters fasciitic gone

3. My knees still are very noisy but not painful anymore

4. The bursitis in my hip has less flare-ups

5. I am not dependent on my inhailers anymore (I have COPD and asthma)

6. My thyroid meds have been decreased

7. I haven't had any skin rashes since surgery

8. I am no longer deficient on any Vitamins

9. My liver function tests came back normal

10. etc......

Love my sleeve.

I will be 1 month postop tomorrow. I have been off diabetes meds since the day before surgery. I was on 4 blood pressure meds. I now only take 1/2 dose of 2 medications. My doctor said I should be able to drop one of those very soon. So impressed with progress!!

I was driving home from work the other day when I noticed a billboard advertising "New Non-Surgical Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis!". Great, I thought, I better look into that. About a minute later, I realized, I don't have any foot pain any longer! I don't need any special medical treatment for plantar fasciitis! And maybe I'm going to take these crazy, expensive insoles out of my shoes because I don't need them any longer.

In addition to the plantar fasciitis going away, I have almost no knee or back pain any longer. I can do step routine at the gym and I can feel where the pain used to be, but it doesn't actually hurt. Also, my back is SO much better! I used to avoid carrying a purse, or even carrying my Bible to church, because everything I carried hurt my back. My home life was also really tough because my son is paraplegic, so even carrying him up to bed was awful. Now it's all a reminder of how strong I've become.

I still have mild tailbone pain (coccidinea), for which I've gotten cortisone injections in the past, but it's much better than previous. I feel like I did when I was 35!

I am truly blessed!

That's great to hear!! I also have Plantar Fasciitis and I've been wondering if it'll go away after I lose enough weight. You give me hope :)

Diabetes - gone

Fatty liver disease - gone

sleep apnea - gone

Foot pain due to tarsal tunnel - improved

Nearly constant back pain - gone

Diabetes - gone Fatty liver disease - gone sleep apnea - gone Foot pain due to tarsal tunnel - improved Nearly constant back pain - gone

How long before fatty liver resolved?

How long before fatty liver resolved?

I am not sure - I didn't get it retested until a year later and I was at goal at that time and was probably down from around 255 to 130. It was totally gone though.

For those of us that still have mild Plantars Fasciitis pain I would suggest wearing "running" socks. They have an extra band of elastic that hugs your foot and helps support your arch. I bought these not knowing that they were socks made specifically for runners and I love the added support they provide.