Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I have BCN of MI and I was approved with no issues, I had to do 6 months of supervision. I lost and gained 10 lbs or so. There was no WL requirement but I was sure when I went to checkup close to 6 months that I was down. I have since gained but my date is 3/25/14. I start my pre opp diet this coming Monday 3/10/14. I went through Beaumont of Royal Oak MI. As long as paperwork is turned in with data that says you need the surgery BCN of MI is no problem. I just wanted to share this info -_-

Me too! I have BCBS and was approved same day. BCN took a little longer 2 days. Having managed care insurance complicates things. I'm scheduled 3/14, good luck to you.

Edited by survivingsleever

Hello everyone, I have BCN of MI and I was approved with no issues, I had to do 6 months of supervision. I lost and gained 10 lbs or so. There was no WL requirement but I was sure when I went to checkup close to 6 months that I was down. I have since gained but my date is 3/25/14. I start my pre opp diet this coming Monday 3/10/14. I went through Beaumont of Royal Oak MI. As long as paperwork is turned in with data that says you need the surgery BCN of MI is no problem. I just wanted to share this info -_-

I am also going through Beaumont! May I ask, which surgeon did you choose...Chengelis or Krause? How long did it take to get in with them? My 6 month appt at the Beaumont Weight Center is the first week of April- I am hoping to have a surgery date sometime in May.

Good luck to you, your date is coming up quickly! :)

Good to hear Michiganders! I used the barix clinic but have heard good things about Beaumont.

Hi Annie & friends, I have chosen Dr Chengelis. I had my pre opp apt with him last week. He is very nice and I first met him at seminar. He also has good reviews and I like his personality, knowledge and humor. I will have my sleeve surgery 3/25.

Hi Annie & friends, I have chosen Dr Chengelis. I had my pre opp apt with him last week. He is very nice and I first met him at seminar. He also has good reviews and I like his personality, knowledge and humor. I will have my sleeve surgery 3/25.

Only 2 weeks to go, I'm so excited for you!!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow =)

Hi Annie, I honestly feel like crap! Lol...the gas is no joke. I know this is the hard part. =)

Hi Annie, I honestly feel like crap! Lol...the gas is no joke. I know this is the hard part. =)

I hope it's better today? From what I've read, it can be quite painful :(.

All my stuff was submitted Friday the 14th..........now waiting!!!!! Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids, Dr, Foote doing the surgery. BCN of MI insurance. Waiting is driving me CRAZY. Hope feeling better

All my stuff was submitted Friday the 14th..........now waiting!!!!! Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids, Dr, Foote doing the surgery. BCN of MI insurance. Waiting is driving me CRAZY. Hope feeling better

Bcn's approval letter takes a lil time for you to get it. I recommend calling the dr office, my coordinator confirmed within 2 days because she was able to look in their database to see if I was approved.

Well? Any updates from anyone?

Since I am having my lap band removed and wanting the sleeve, BCN, who did NOT pay for the band surgery, is saying they will not pa for my sleeve, any of it! Even tho, when I bought the policy, I made sure they would cover 50% as their policy stated. Please keep us up on this.

How is everyone doing now? I believe most of you have had your surgeries...