Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a slower loser?

Kmo, what do you eat? I eat loads of eggs cooked all different ways. I eat beef Jerky but have to chew it really well of course.

Hi I have been eating tuna, eggs with cheese, cottage cheese, turkey Jerky, salmon, steamed veggies, plus Protein shakes... I'm needing new ideas.. What about you?

I too am a slow looser. I lost only in the first month. since more than 1 month no loss. but I have lost in inches.

I am now increasing exercise and Water. But the day I dont exercise the weight goes up. not fair.

It's totally not fair. I wouldn't have minded so much but my expectations were so high. Oh well, we keep on keeping on don't we. LOL

I find that upping my Protein and drinking lots and lots of Water really is the only thing that can make my weight change. I am only losing about two or three lbs a month but that's better than nothing at this point. But to get that I have to keep track of everything and think Protein and Water.< /p>

Hopeful2 be slim when did you get your op done and how much did you lose that first month?

I was operated on 24th jan 2014. i was so happy the first month. I lost 18 lbs, no weight loss since then...

any change in diet, the day I eat less Protein my weight goes up.another week goes by getting it down.

so its climb two stairs and come down one!!!

I am a slow loser like the rest of you - I was sleeved Jan 7, lost 15 pounds in the first couple of weeks and then nothing for awhile. I had lost about 30 lbs prior to surgery in the 6 months of classes I had to take and then another 15 or so during the pre-op diet. Over the past 6 weeks I have lost only 8 pounds. For awhile during that 6 weeks I was only eating 600 calories a day, 70-90 gms of Protein, drinking my Water, low carbs and low fat and the scale didn't budge. Also, at the beginning of the 6 weeks I started exercising about 5 days a week (3-4 days of strength training and 30-60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week). I was not feeling very good - low energy and my workouts felt very hard to get through. So, I upped my carbs a little and my calories to closer to 1000 and now I feel better and the scale started moving again. I have my moments when I think that the surgery wasn't worth it, but then I remember all the years I went through and couldn't lose at all. So I am grateful for what I have lost up until this point - I feel better than I have in a long time. :rolleyes:

I too am a slow loser, my surgery was February 26th so I am 5 weeks out. I lost a total of 23 lbs and the scale has not moved so I know that I will not be looking for big changes on the scale but rather with my clothes. I hope that it picks up because I am weight the same as I did when I went to my two week check up. I don't want my doctor to think I am not following his plans when I go back for my 6 weeks check up.

I'm 63 and a slow loser. Started with a BMI of 31. I've lost 23 pounds 11 weeks out. I have 46 pounds to lose so I've lost 50% of my excess weight. I've really slowed down this last month although I'm following my program.