Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Black Beans are healthy, naturally occurring carbs. And a great source of Protein. I eat as many Beans as I want.

I love beans, but especially black beans and they are my favorite carb source aside from grilled vegetables. I don't have a problem with being hungry when I make them part of a dense Protein meal (alongside eggs or chicken). But the brownies in particular feel like a "gateway drug" for me. I suspect the culprit is the honey and oats and not the beans. But a strong contender is "brain hunger" since I've had to peruse so many recipes and pinterests to locate my new recipes. Because I'm still so early in this journey, I'm trying to concentrate on not only good habits but learning to recognize when I'm adding in bad or unhelpful habits.

And BTW, I was a huge fan of Arctic Zero (150 calories for a whole pint) until I realized I could eat a whole pint. I'm done with that now too.

mmmmmm...mind if I ask how you make parmesan chips (this could be a very dumb question?)....thanks

There are no "dumb questions"...we all have to learn...I got this from a friend who had the sleeve and I think she got it off The World According to Eggface... I've tried it a few ways, but the best seems to be, heat oven to 350... then in a cookie sheet put a small pile of parmesan (the kind in the bag or fresh grated...not the kind in the "box"...that doesn't work as well, but it does work), flatten it down...the size it is, will be the size it is ;) ... then I sprinkle a little olive oil on it and bake...about 8 minutes (watch it as they burn easy to find the right time for you)... cool and enjoy :)

I tried to spray the oil on and that scattered the cheese (right, how dumb of me)... and I tried mixing the oil with the cheese before placing on sheet and it seemed like i had too much oil... still worked but the pan was a mess to clean up...

I'm running on and on about it... but it's really basic, you will find the right way, I'm sure, for you... or we both can go to the website and find the EXACT recipe LOL!!!

Just a few and I place the Salsa on top and I'm "golden"... they keep well too. They do have a tendency to be fragile so that's why I top them instead of scoop the sauce... have fun, you can top it with just about anything you wish!... make a mini pizza!

Dear Planetheather...

In the World according to EggFace, she makes some awesome donuts, with no sugar or honey... you use almond flour and Protein Shake (I find the slimfast rich chocolate royale works best so far)... they are wonderful... but they can be addicting, like everything else... but you may want to try them as an alternative snack

To answer your question, the answer is yes, you can eat Pasta and sandwiches. Many of us choose not to though.

My thin, healthy, vegan hair stylist has chosen to avoid grains and focuses on nuts, fruits, and vegetables. She told me that after a while, she stopped craving them, and I've found that true for me too. I was a total starch addict. I still eat Beans, and I imagine eventually I will need the Fiber of oatmeal, and a little slice of pizza for fun, but for now I am satisfied avoiding grains. I really miss sushi, and I love the idea of riceless rolls! Why didn't I think of that????

Ok PlanetHeather, so how do you make cauliflower crust pizza? ???

Ok PlanetHeather, so how do you make cauliflower crust pizza????

you take a pound of cauliflower and grind it up in the blender/food processor so it's very fine... cook until tender... squeeze out the liquid with a clean cloth... add 2 eggs and mix up nicely.

Place on a parchment paper on a cookie sheet into a 400 oven until crispy about 40 min... then add your ingredients and cook off (reminder it does not spread or rise, so however you have it is how it will be)...anyway...that's my recipe...hope you don't mind that I shared it with y'all

Edited by BigGirlPanties

Thanks BigGirlPanties! I am going to try this. Hope my husband will like it! :/

Ok PlanetHeather, so how do you make cauliflower crust pizza????

There are a lot of recipes out there. I use this one:

http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/02/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

It really is great. I substituted 2 egg whites instead of 1 whole egg. I tried it once with frozen cauliflower instead of fresh. I think the fresh is superior. I bought a nut bag from Amazon and that made a big difference too.

I made the cauliflower crust yesterday and it was soooo good! I add cheese to the mix though along with the two eggs and Italian spices. Everyone loved it! post-197838-0-71560300-1393961294_thumb.jpg I've never made it where the cauliflower didn't have cheese mixes in though. Oh and the most important thing is getting the cauliflower as dry as humanly possible otherwise it's gonna be a soggy mess. I "riced" mine in a lil Ninja processor.

Edited by XXShelXX

That looks amazing!

Thanks BigGirlPanties! I am going to try this. Hope my husband will like it! :/

My husband likes it...in fact he asked me to make it the other day for him :) ... he also prefers smashed cauliflower to mashed potatoes now... he has lost 30 pounds during this time "without even trying" just by making little changes along with me...like no carbonated beverages, etc... let's face it...most of those things are better because of the toppings anyway :)

I was a "bread-aholic" before the surgery and would eat a whole loaf of french bread before getting home from the store (so I would buy 2 loaves). Since the surgery I have avoided any carbs (bread, Pasta, rice and potatoes) so I can work on loosing weight. Since I have been a slow looser, adding carbs (even fruit) has not been something I want to do.

My parents found a low carb Pasta and so I tried it last week. I was not able to eat a full serving (go figure since I can only eat a 1/2 cup total for a meal) but did enjoy the pasta. (dream fields pasta products)

I have eaten out a few times and will pass on the bread products so I can eat more Protein. I made the mistake of forgetting this rule while at Red Lobster and ate one of the cheese biscuits before the meal was served. I was not able to eat the meal at all. I felt shaky and nauseated. After having the meal packed to take home, I realized what I had done and that was a wake up call for me. No bread products! Maybe after I am to goal I will try to add a small amount to my diet but not till I hit that goal.

Honestly I don't miss the bread and am happy that I am getting closer to my goal weight.

No Pasta of any kind for me, makes me throw up.

bread, Pasta, and sugar is what fueled my binging and weight gain, with an incessant appetite and non-stop hunger. With my calories limited at 800, I need to be diligent in using those 800 for Protein and veggies. So, there is no interest now in turning back. No more grain products for me. I do not want to open that door.