Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back Pain - why now? Suggestions?

Prior to LB surgery, my highest weight was 340. I am now about 219 and I exercise A LOT Prior to surgery, I had some bilateral knee pain but that's about it (I'm hitting 50 this year). The last couple of months I have been experiencing some back pain. I don't know if its because I'm carrying a lot of extra weight up front (boobs and belly skin) or if I'm over doing the exercise.

Has anyone else experienced this? I thought losing weight would help any pains you were having? Any suggestions?>

Back pain can happen to anyone at any weight at any time. Could just be a coincidence it's happening now. You are hitting 50 ya know :( My occasional back pains came along around the same time. They come and go.

Your body is adjusting to your weight loss. It is normal to have increased pain until you are at a stable weight. Especially for women who carry most of their weight in the breast and belly. The belly is usually the last to go so hang in there. Try some massages or use a heating pad. It just has to work its self out.

I know I've been having some upper back pain lately. I think it's just because it's been a good 10 years or more that I could stand up as straight as I can now. My muscles get tired by the end of the day and I have to keep myself from slouching now that I don't have a big belly to lean on, like when I'm on the couch watching tv. I have to keep reminding myself to lean back, not forward. I've been going to the chiropractor a lot and it's been helping but, every now and then I'll stand up straight and pinch something. I'm hoping it will get used to not being hunched over all the time anymore.

my apron pulls down and yes, it is uncomfy

if really hurting or concerned def call and ask your PCD

(i know the more i lose, the less it hurts)

I get terrible upper back pain when I eat too much...could this be it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches