Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op FIRST time pregnancies

I haven't been on this forum in forever but I'm looking for a couple friends to go through this journey with. I'm 20 (almost 21) weeks along with my first (lil' boy). I was 11 months out when I found out I was pregnant. I still had about 30lbs to my goal. So this whole weight gain thing is starting to get to me a little bit (mentally and emotionally). I had gotten down to about 210 (from 299) and was 216 when I got pregnant and now I'm at 230. I know I'll be able to work on this again when the baby gets here but for right now, it's just challenging. Anyone else in the same boat? :)

Congrats on your sweet boy :). I just had my little one May 1. I hope you have a smooth rest of the way! I got pregnant 10 months out- I was 20lbs from goal. I lost a bunch of weight from hyperemesis (severe morning sickness). I'm now at goal (I sit between 128-133).

I haven't been on this forum in forever but I'm looking for a couple friends to go through this journey with. I'm 20 (almost 21) weeks along with my first (lil' boy). I was 11 months out when I found out I was pregnant. I still had about 30lbs to my goal. So this whole weight gain thing is starting to get to me a little bit (mentally and emotionally). I had gotten down to about 210 (from 299) and was 216 when I got pregnant and now I'm at 230. I know I'll be able to work on this again when the baby gets here but for right now, it's just challenging. Anyone else in the same boat? :)

congrats Momma. I'm 29 weeks pregnant with a boy too. I know exactly how you feel about the weight starting to creep back on. I am 2.5 years out from having my sleeve and was at goal when I conceived I'm up 9 lbs so far, I am nervously looking forward to having my little cherub in my arms..

I'm 18 months post op and currently 10 weeks pregnant. Nowhere near my goal weight, but I was super obese to start... down 150lbs from surgery before finding out I was pregnant.

Pregnancy wasn't planned. We used the "pull out" method, which obviously didn't work out so well. ;)

Side note: pre-surgery I was with someone else, we tried to conceive for over a year and it never happened. I never sought fertility treatment, but I'm almost certain it was weight related. Once you start to lose, your fertility goes up.

8 months post op, 4 weeks pregnant... Found out yesterday. Still in shock. 80lbs down due to VSG, about 15 lbs from goal (in a size 14, I'll take it for now!)

Any advice for me? Especially interested from hearing from you guys that have become pregnant under the 1 year mark. I am pretty religious about Vitamins daily (multi, Calcium chewables, folic acid supplement, zinc, vit D, and a B complex. Also take omerprazole which helps a ton).

No nausea, but tired and chest hurts. I have a feeling it will get much worse. (As you can tell, this is a first for me). We are pretty stoked, but definitely cautiously optimistic as it's still very early.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by MetroDetroitChic

I was 19 months post op when finding out I was pregnant I am currently 26w 2d pregnant expecting my baby boy in March :-) without the sleeve I don't think this would have been possible

Congrats to all you ladies, and hoping the best for those of us still trying.

I am wondering for those who have been able to conceive what does your Vitamin regiment look like? Which do you take. Any Protein shakes also?? Thx for sharing!

I'm no longer taking Protein Shakes. I only take prenatal Vitamins and Vitamin B12. :-) If still TTC you may want to look into preseed it's a lube to use while TTC....within 3 months along with tracking ovulation we fell pregnant. I can't say if that's what helped or not definitely but it was worth the shot :-)

I'm 34 and having my first. In the past in my 20s, I had tried to get pregnant and failed, never saw a doc about it because I just knew it was weight related. Kinda gave up on having kids...

I had surgery in May 2013, was pregnant in September 2014, so about 16 months post op. Wasn't trying, but was only using 'pull out' method for birth control because I still had a lot of weight to lose and really just thought at this point in my life I couldn't get pregnant!

So, it was unexpected, but we are really happy about it. I'm 37 weeks now and expecting a BOY at the end of this month. I'm super excited! Everything has been great with the pregnancy, too. No complications for me. :)

Add me to the list of pregnant post sleeve ladies!

Iam 18 months post sleeve and I am 13 wks pregnant with my first baby. Before the surgery I had extremely heavy and irregular cycles. About 9 months after the surgery my cycles started coming on time. In January I used the Ovia app and ovulation sticks to track my cycle and ovulation and times sex around those times. I got a positive pregnancy test in March.

I know for a fact that VSG is the only reason I conceived.

I too got pregnant with my first 8 months post op. DH and I tried to get pregnant for 7 years. I was told it was my weight, which is why I opted to get sleeved. BEST decision I ever made. Getting pregnant came as a surprise to me. I am currently 38 wks 2 days, so any day now. Best of luck to those who are trying. Don't give up and don't stress too much. I seriously had given up hope and had made up my mind to adopt when I found out I was pregnant. So don't obsess over it and let it happen naturally.

Extremely happy to share that I did get pregnant 7 months post op after trying for 17 years. This won't be our first but our daughter is 17. My Dr always said if I lost weight, my hormones will reset and it will work for me but I never believed her. Just thought it was over for me. 7 months later I was preggo and almost hit the floor literally. My husband and I didn't believe and test, not even the blood work, only the sonogram. I gained 68 lbs and now that my son is 8 weeks, I've already lost 48 and 32 of that was within 3 days of labor and all of it was before I even began working out. Now I'm about to start working on the last 20 and I'm feeling AMAZZZZING!! Still trying to lose the cravings I picked up during pregnancy but it's a process like all things....Good luck to you all trying...it will definitely happen now!

i am 2 months since i had my sleeve down i am now 40 lb plus lost since surgery but i just found out yesterday I am pregnant me n my husband are so excited we have been trying for 7yrs nervous cuz i am still losing but excited 4 this bundle of joy to come feb 2015

I had surgery 8/27 found out I was pregnant on Monday. I'm 40 had my first baby at 39 last year Aug 29. He just started walking. Hoping for a girl and healthy pregnancy.

i am 2 months since i had my sleeve down i am now 40 lb plus lost since surgery but i just found out yesterday I am pregnant me n my husband are so excited we have been trying for 7yrs nervous cuz i am still losing but excited 4 this bundle of joy to come feb 2015

I had surgery 8/27 found out I was pregnant on Monday. I'm 40 had my first baby at 39 last year Aug 29. He just started walking. Hoping for a girl and healthy pregnancy.

Wow, I wish you well!! I was scared to get pregnant within the first year but I did well, I did continue to lose weight for the first 4 months but it all changed around real soon. Baby grew just fine and was born a healthy 6 lbs and 13 oz. now at 8 weeks, he's 11 lbs so im happy he's not effected by any of this. Hope you get your girl...we've just decided to go for a girl in a few more months. VSG made my dreams come true....I want babies, my husband is one happy dude even though mine came right we were giving up and planning to travel instead. I gladly put my passport on the back burner for a later time...GOOD LUCK and best wishes!!

I'll be a year out in two weeks. I had tried for over 10 years in the past with no success. I just found out I am pregnant. I'm somewhere around 4-5 weeks. It can happen.