Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intractable and severe Pain in the Feet ?

I have the VSG in July and have lost 120 pounds......however, two weeks ago...I started to get SEVERE and BURING PAIN in my FEET.....do I have issues with vitamins....missing nutrients.....?anyone ever have that experience .....?The doctor gave me some meds...that do not help....cannot sleep.......?

How are you doing on Vitamin B12 supplementation? Did your doctor check your levels?

See: http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/vitamin-b12-deficiency-can-be-sneaky-harmful-201301105780

Edited by Schmincke

Hi, sorry your in pain.

Have you ever had issues with gout? Uric acid levels may be an issue. Has your Dr. tested for that?

Just a thought.

Hope it gets better soon.

Sincerely, Sherri

Please let us know how you do. It sounds miserable. Feel better!

How are you doing on Vitamin B12 supplementation? Did your doctor check your levels?

See: http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/vitamin-b12-deficiency-can-be-sneaky-harmful-201301105780

Wow very interesting, Thanks for sharing!!

Do the bottom of your feet feel crunchy when you massage them? Can you massage them? I had plantar fasciitis once. I thought I'd die trying to walk. With PF no pain other than when weight baring. I know gout is very painful. I hope you get relief soon.

The pain is sooooo awful...and a severe Burning feeling....like hot rocks in my feet,,,,,,,,I also have gout but, the feeling and sensation is different....perhaps,, a Vitamin issue ....?

The pain is sooooo awful...and a severe Burning feeling....like hot rocks in my feet,,,,,,,,I also have gout but, the feeling and sensation is different....perhaps,, a Vitamin issue ....?

In feet usually Vitamin D or minerals: Calcium, magnesium, potassium but usually for cramps like Charlie horse.

Are you taking bariatric Multivitamin?

What is the doctor saying so far? What have they prescribed?

No fractures? Both feet at the same time?

WENT TO SEE THE NEUROLOGIST AND AWAITING THE RESULTS OF THE BLOOD TESTS.....WILL HAVE AN EMG NEXT WEEK,,,,,,SO AWFUL....TAKING VITAMINS.....?ANYONE EVER HAD THIS?THE SURGERY WAS FINE......

YEs,taking vitamins.....and they gave me a form of neurontin....for the discomfort.....it does not help....lots of burning in my feet......will have an EMG study next week....to see if nerves are involved..?hope that this could be corrected with Vitamin and mineral treatment.....surgery went very well.....

Hello all. I developed diabetes type II diabetes over a year ago, and prior to that my feet were hurting so bad I would cry with the pain at night. During the day I was busy and just kept plodding on since I was working. I bough arthritis cream LOL. No help. Finally self diagnosed myself with neuropathy, and my doctor gave me Lyrica, which caused horrible blisters on my toes. I had to come off the Lyrica. Since the sleeving 11/18, I have no more neuropathy/pain in my feet. I dont know why but thank God. I have had a bout with gout recently in my big toe. Google neuropathy and see if your symptoms relate. My doctor said you don't have to be diabetic to have neurpathy. Good luck!

I started getting cramps at the bottoms of my feet ONLY at night about 2 weeks post-surgery. The only way to "uncramp" them is to get out of bed and walk around. It happens several times in the course of the night.

My blood tests came back OK. My dr. told me to take 2 magnesium pills and eat a banana before bed. It doesn't help a bit.

Any ideas?

how are you now? did they find anything?

YEs,taking Vitamins.....and they gave me a form of neurontin....for the discomfort.....it does not help....lots of burning in my feet......will have an EMG study next week....to see if nerves are involved..?hope that this could be corrected with Vitamin and mineral treatment.....surgery went very well.....

That's an outstanding weight loss!

Have you been running or hitting the treadmill? If so, you could be pounding your heels which can lead to plantar fasciitis. (You could try Vibram Five Finger Shoes - I just bought a pair for walking barefoot in my back yard and in the park. They make several kinds for running, athletics, and walking. Expensive, but I got mine on clearance from TravelCountry.com.

I have neuropathy problems in my legs and feet. I take Lyrica and my Vitamin D levels are monitored by the neurologist and my PCP and the Bariatric physician. The connection to D levels and neuropathy is well documented.