Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG! Last night we took my son and daughter-in-law out to Texas Longhorne Steakhouse, I got an appetizer, went down ok,I was so hungry I ate a roll, amazingly it went down ok(waited for the stuck feeling), got a steak and pulled pork combo, was gonna have a bite and give it to my husband, I ate some pulled pork (delicious) decided to eat one little piece of steak,(lapband and steak doesn't mix) ate the steak, it went down fine, Still waiting for the choking to start, nothing, so I ate some more! I ate half the steak! and the potatoes and greenbeans. Scary thing I wasn't full, I forced myself to stop eating. WELL! about 10 minutes later I got the worse pain since child birth, it was doubling over excrutiating pain! I'm thinking maybe I'm numb there too and couldn't tell I was full! I was up all night in pain! I had to take off the binder just to breath!

Anybody else have that expierience?

Sorry you didn't feel well. It's a tough way to be reminded that your band is there. What binder did you have to loosen?

I am 3 weeks out from lower body lift, so I have to wear an abdominal binder.

This is a reminder to pick an amount to eat and stop at that no matter if you think you aren't full. If that means eating a lot slower and following your meal with Water

Sorry about the painful lesson

Bands don't work like that, and when I had my LBL they changed my port and I lost all my Fluid. So I have no restriction and can eat anything so I need to be careful,and you can't eat with Water you have to wait at least a 1/2hr before drinking. My band Dr wants me to eat a little more now to regain some strength. So I'm watching everything. Last night was a special occasion and got carry away and decided to eat until I was full. Good thing I didn't. Painful lesson learned

I am 3 weeks out from lower body lift, so I have to wear an abdominal binder.< /p>

oh...ok thanks for explaining. good luck on the surgery. one of these days, I'd like to get some work done. I need it....

You say you continued to eat until you felt full...which did not happen right away so you overate...

Just saying...I have been banded for 3 years and still have never felt full since surgery...

I do hear a lot of people with the lap band surgery talk about it...I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing or just getting word meanings mixed up...

When I have restriction, everything I eat at one sitting could fit into a cup. It runs on the same theory as a funnel, you can only eat as much as the funnel holds, if you try to eat more than the funnel (pouch) can hold, you have overflow or throw up. If you eat something that doesn't fit through the hole, it gets stuck. Restriction is the size of the hole it has to go through. So without restriction (no hole) everything goes through.

I haven't really been stuck, but I did have something happen a couple of weeks ago, which was the closest thing to it (I think). I went out of control with a jar of mixed nuts, and kept popping them in my mouth. I didn't feel like I was having an issue, but after I ingested waaay more than I should have, I think they were sitting....like a wad a paste in the pouch. I took a couple of sips of Water, and BOOM......felt the wad go through, but it hurt. The whole thing went down quickly, but it was enough to tell me that I don't want to go there. I hear people talk about being stuck for long periods, and how painful it is. I can't imagine.

I've gone through it all! I laugh at the splash I feel when it goes through!