Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My husband diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. :'(

Hi,

I know this isn't weight related but I just wanted to vent and cry. A month ago, my husband got very sick and was diagnosed with primary terminal liver cancer. He was given 6 months. My husband is 48!!!! He hasn't ever been sick or ever in the hosptal. He is the best man I've ever known. I'm so lost. I'm devastated. I don't know how to live without him. We've been to at least 10 doctors who tell us that they can't do anything for him. I still have hope because I always say that only God has an expiration date. I realize this isn't the norm to post here and if this is inappropriate, please forgive me.

I set up a fund for my family. You can read our story here. https://www.youcaring.com/hopeforbear

A cancer diagnosis is so hard. :'(

Lisa, I don't know what to say. My heart goes out to you, your husband and daughter. I wish there was more I could say to comfort you... but you are not alone and will not be alone as you go through this. We are all here for you, although that seems so little to offer you.

I know how hard it will be but don't forget to live. It's right to focus on the fight ahead but try to make memories as you go. Be as kind to yourself as you are to your husband.

My thoughts are with you.

Thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

I can't imagine losing my husband because he is the best and my rock! God says the prayers of the righteous shall prevail, so pray for divine intervention and wisdom and peace and even recovery. I believe that the doctors know what they are saying, but Who's report shall we believe in times like these. Pray that God opens your eyes to another answer or remedy for him, do all that you can do and never give up hope.

I will pray for you and your husband as you are going through this trying time.

This is absolutely the right place to discuss this. It will effect you and your journey and your life. That is so awful. I am so sorry! As Indigo said try to make some good memories along this painful journey and look after you.

We are here for you as much as we can....

I am so very sorry. My prayers are with you and your family.

I am so sorry.

I lost my younger sister and best friend to breast cancer in 2007. She was only 40 and it devastated me and alot of other people.

Vent away, and I know there is nothing any of us can say to ease the pain, but you have my prayers.

So sorry, Lisa. My prayers for you guys.

I posted a link to your contribution site on Facebook. I encourage others to do the same.

I got a diagnosis of prostate cancer in 2009. I was informed that even with treatment I had 3 years left, tops. Still here.

Don't give up hope.

I am so sorry to hear about this sad news. I can't afford to contribute to your fund, but I can offer my prayers. Remember that God will never give you more than you're able to bear. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I hope you can make many great memories together. I am so sorry.

So sorry, Lisa. My prayers for you guys.

I posted a link to your contribution site on Facebook. I encourage others to do the same.

I got a diagnosis of prostate cancer in 2009. I was informed that even with treatment I had 3 years left, tops. Still here.

Don't give up hope.

Thank you so much. Prayers for you and your family as well.

Lisa, I am saddened to learn your husband's diagnosis. Vent away. My thoughts are with you.

Lynda

Lisa sorry to hear your news. As others have said make memories, hope and pray and May peace be with you and your loved ones.

Bless your hearts! Cancer is So prevalent and relentless these days. I know you have had some issues too with GERD, I believe. Take care of yourself also. My prayers will be with you. Please feel free to "talk it out" if you need a place.

God's Grace Lisa, on you and your precious husband. My heart aches reading your post. Prayers lifting now.