Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

AUGHHH!!! It's like EaSyPeAsy in the beginning as you are pumped, excited, motivated, recovering and NOT really hungry . . . Now 7 months out - I am making a few bad choices, getting stuck over and over and not loosing. Had 3 cc's removed this am to allow some healing ... ABOUT TO STARVE! liquids are NOT cutting it; not to mention I haev 3 more days of total liquids.

What tips do you guys use to stay in the game?

Any tips on Proteins - liquid form other that a Protein Drink? I'm so afraid of getting gout from consuimng so much protein!!?!??!

Do you have a history of gout?

Has your nutritionist told you what the amount of Protein you should be consuming daily should be? I was not getting enough when I was first banded and needed to increase my amount. I usually take in 60-80 grams a day and now feel so much better.

If you are on liquids only, you can be having Protein shakes, and Soups to off set that. I usually do liquids for one or two days after a fill, and I will stick to the Protein Shakes and vary the flavors. I make sure that I am always having something so I'm not feeling deprived or hungry.

I will have my Water in between even in the form of Decaf, coffee or tea. I'll make some blended smoothies with kale and ginger etc. you can also buy Naked juices if you watch the sugar and carb content.

As I move forward I will move to mush foods, and that will include soft Protein Bars, blended chilli, eggs if you can tolerate them, bits of soft cheese, pulled chicken and soft flaky fish.

More solid forms of fish, chicken, beef or pork when I am ready to move back to solid foods. I eat the vegetable sparingly to ensure I get the Protein in first. I chew chew chew, and rest between bites. For me vegies have to be cooked or they don't digest.

You can do it!! I have faith in you!!

It is hard girlfriend!!! I have been going through the same somewhat expect getting unfills.. and add a break up to that as well... boo all I know is it was easier in the beginning as we sat home recovering we had all day to concentrate about it.. but I do agree with lisa .. between 60-80 grams of Protein a day is what I was told as well... instead of shakes add your Protein to soups.. other then shakes and Soups I don't know any other liquid forms of it.. remember why you did this? a support group? what is a small goal you are working towards? we all have that big one.. but small one? for me to get into the gym instead of it sitting there.. I had to go through this breakup .. boo lol but it is what it is.. goodluck momma! you got this!

Yes, IT IS HARD AS HELLO!!!!
When you can still eat the key-lime pie and it slides right thru... or a little Debbie....I KNOW I KNOW!!
I am TRYING to get back on track and get MY HEAD AND ARS BACK IN THE GAME!!!
Even with Lap Band the struggle still remains . . .

Peace Love and Weightloss for us ALL!!!!

Thanks ladies!!

I've been banded since 5/13. I've lost 55 lbs and love my band. I had a problem at first of band being to full. They removed from 4 cc down to 1/2 cc the 1st month and I've been fine up till now. I notice that I'm not really hungry but I can eat more than I was plus I am having severe I mean severe flatulence. I no that's probably TMI but has anyone had this problem? If you stay on low side of fills does it stretch out or what? If anyone ever experienced any of these problems please let's communicate. I go back first part of March and am so afraid of getting a fill due to the pain I was in with it initially. Thanks! !

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU CAN DO THIS I HAVE BEEN 5 YEARS OUT IT GETS REALLY TOUGH I WAS 235 GOT DOWN TO 155 NOW UP TO 165 REALLY UPSET WORKING ON LOOSING THE 10 POUNDS THEY DO SAY THAT MOST PEOPLE WILL GAIN 20% OF THERE WEIGHT BACK IN THE END IT IS A MIND SET I HAVE TO WORK ON