Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Months out and I've been hit with baby fever! My older 2 are 2.5 years apart, and if I were to conceive now, the middle and baby will be 2.5 years apart! I've lost 100lbs with another 50 to go till goal. Am I crazy for wanting a baby now? I was planning a Tummy Tuck for the beginning of 2016 so I'm not worried about stretching my tummy. A little worried about weight gain. Any insight? Also, does anyone have 3 kids? Is it bad having an odd number? I have 2, and would have my tubes tied after the third.

Edited by JessicaAnn

For health reasons, you should not get pregnant for a minimum of two years after the surgery. I actually had to sign an agreement to that effect before they would do my surgery. You just can't get in all the nutrients you need to support a baby at this stage.

you CAN safely get pregnant at this stage. I JUST got the ok from my surgon myself. She did advise me to wait until 18 months post op as there are no studies relating to the effect of pregnancy on your long term weight loss success before 18 months. I will be waiting until 18 months post op before we stop preventing. We are not even 100% sure we will have another, but at a minimum I will be preventing for the first 18 months. She did say there is no risk to me or the baby should we get pregnant now, just no guarentees on the long term success of the surgery at that point. I have reached my doctors goal plus some at this point. I am about 10 pounds away from my personal goal. I started at 255, currently at 148. My doctors goal was to be around 155, my goal is to get into the 130's. I am just over 9 months out, and I have two children as well. Mine are 3 years 10 months apart, and if we get pregnant right around 18 months post op my last two will be the same! I can't say much about having three as I only have two, but my sister had three (all two years apart) and when they were itty bitty it was hard because your out numbered all the time, but now that they are older its a breeze. She passed away from this surgery, so I have her kids a lot and they are teenagers. Having three is not an issue except they are expensive! lol.

I'm not looking to have another child but I do have three. Due to PCOS and my weight we went through years of infertility and miscarriages after having our first child. We ended up doing In Vitro with donor eggs and had twins. So my older child is 9 and my twins are 2.5. It's a lot of work with twins but I'm glad we had them. I got the three kids I wanted and only had to be pregnant twice.