Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my Gastric Plication Weight Loss Surgery journey

I had my surgery on the 24th of january. My pre op weight 207. The day of suegery 200 pound. Today day 5 post op st 196.7 pounds. Its great to see the scale go down. After the surgery everything went fine. Horrible gaz pain, like really really horrible gaz pain. The flight home was kinda unconfortable but i managed. ive been getting better every day. My stomach is not that sore anymore, i can even sleep on my stomach.

I not hungry at all, this is crazy, i have to force myself to eat. Ive been on Protein Shake and Protein Soups and i try to drink a lot of Water during the day.

So far so good. I wi be posting an update every 2 weeks :)

Congrats on the surgery and weight loss. I had Plication in October 2013. There was little pain, but a lot of nausea for the first couple days and I was fine after. Lets stay in touch and if you have any questions feel free to drop me a line as there are a much smaller number of us that had the plication surgery. I had it here in the US, but also considered Dr. Ortiz.< /p>

Iam 4 weeks post op 188 pounds. 12 pound lost post op weight , 19 pre op weight. I happy with my weight loss. I could have lost more, my exercise level is low twice a week, and i havent been counting calories or cutting the fat. my food intake is less than 1000 caloriea for sure. My goal now is to loose 2 pounds a week, i can manage that. And be arround 160-150 by the beginning of summer. Ive been experiencing small pain when i eat, maybe im eating tok fast. Im gettin also kinda paranoid everytime i feel something in my stomach, i immediately think of a possible complication! Hopefully ill stop worrying and enjoy my plicated life!

Iam 4 weeks post op 188 pounds. 12 pound lost post op weight , 19 pre op weight. I happy with my weight loss. I could have lost more, my exercise level is low twice a week, and i havent been counting calories or cutting the fat. my food intake is less than 1000 caloriea for sure. My goal now is to loose 2 pounds a week, i can manage that. And be arround 160-150 by the beginning of summer. Ive been experiencing small pain when i eat, maybe im eating tok fast. Im gettin also kinda paranoid everytime i feel something in my stomach, i immediately think of a possible complication! Hopefully ill stop worrying and enjoy my plicated life!

lila921, I want to assure you that if you are having complications you will definitely know! I did and there was a lot of very intense pain, so much so that I knew I had to get to the emergency room ASAP. I also want say that the statistics for complications with Plication are low, something like less than 1%. I am 6 months and 1 week out from the first surgery and have lost a little over 70 lbs with about 30 to go. Hang in there, you'll do great!

2 months post op, 183 pounds. The weight loss is slowing down drastically. I haven'tnt been working out our counting my calories so that's not helping either. i need to find a good diet plan to reach my goal weight. still don't know what's my stomach capacity, but I am eating way more than a couple of weeks ago. i suppose it's normal. I need to lose 23 pounds by June to be at a comfortable weight and the last 20 by the end of the year. Any tips or advice to keep loosing the pounds?

I had my surgery on the 24th of january. My pre op weight 207. The day of suegery 200 pound. Today day 5 post op st 196.7 pounds. Its great to see the scale go down. After the surgery everything went fine. Horrible gaz pain, like really really horrible gaz pain. The flight home was kinda unconfortable but i managed. ive been getting better every day. My stomach is not that sore anymore, i can even sleep on my stomach. <br>

I not hungry at all, this is crazy, i have to force myself to eat. Ive been on Protein Shake and Protein Soups and i try to drink a lot of Water during the day. <br>

So far so good. I wi be posting an update every 2 weeks :)

I had my plication surgery 2/25 along with hiatal hernia and nissen fundoplication surgery. I eat about 1k calories a day. I have been stuck several times on a certain number and I found increasing my calories to 12 or 1300 usually does the trick. I know I don't drink enough water so that's a hinderance as well as not walking enough. I have only lost a total of 16 lbs but that's about 3.5 lbs a week wt loss. I actually gained a few lbs twice! As soon as I get back on my Boost glucose control Protein Shakes the weight starts coming off. The reg Boost has too much sugar and calories so I stick to the Glucose Control Brand. My favorite is strawberry and the vanilla is good too. They really give me a boost! Lol :)

Hey can anyone tell me what type of surgery it is that yall got and what is the procedure like

3 months post op, 178 pounds. a total o 29 pounds lost, 28 more to go! i only lost 5 pounds in the last month, i didn't work out at all (maybe once a week), that explains it all. i'm having trouble figuring out a proper food and Vitamin supplement intake. some days i feel great, sometime super week. i take mutivitamins, B12,Calcium potassium and hair supplement. i dont know if i should add Iron too. and yeah i hair is falling of like crazy! a bald spot is building up in the middle of my head. i should really take the time to figure this out because i dont want to put my health at risk to loose a couple of pounds. your advice and recommendations are appreciated :)

I hear ya when you say paranoid everytime you feel something in your stomach. That's me too! lol

But thank God everything is good so far.

Keep us posted :)

I'm planning on getting sleeved in early September or October. I know the particulars about the surgery, but don't know why this option is chosen v.s. having a sleeve without plication. Did anyone's surgeon specifically recommend this for a certain reason? Thanks in advance.

I've having a weird/bad week. In my first week after surgery I lost 12 pounds. I'm in week two, and I only lost 3 pounds--if that. I admit I had a bad eating episode of saltine crackers, and I'm definitely not drinking like I should. I also had to be put on steroids for a bad allergic reaction this week. Nonetheless, I'm really disappointed that the scale isn't moving down any faster. I definitely don't want to feel like I'm already failing--but I really do.