Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sample menus needed please for a week!

Thanks for the Cheesecake pudding recipe. I was already on the hummus because in addition to Protein it has a good amount of Fiber. Looking foward to the Cheescake Pudding now too!

Christy, most of us eat normal food. Like chicken, steak, fish, veggies, rice eggs, ham, turkey. Mostly try to keep to healthy foods and non slider foods.

It's interesting that there are 72 views here and only one post and that post was the "no-duh" answer (no offense 2muchfun) - I think what we're needing here is ideas of WHAT exactly successful lapbanders are eating... I like to have a plan, that's why I really liked Jenny Craig, because it was all written out, eat what was on the menu (and nothing else) and you lost 2lbs a week. No brainer... but here it's different, especially if you are not in the green zone yet where your band is doing a lot of the work preventing you from over eating - b/c even the good food, non-slider food, adds up and if you eat more than you should well you aren't losing any weight.

In fact I've been debating if I should go back to JC until my band is adjusted b/c it's a plan that I know works - but I do NOT like eating out of box all of the time.

I'm looking for (and perhaps Christy Z) a written out menu plan - like a month of choices meaning 30 breakfasts, 30 lunches, 30 dinners and 30 Snacks - recipes and nutrition information - something to follow - that encompasses the "no brainer" foods but is written out... anyone have any suggestions here?

I'd place a bet that I'm not the only one looking for some kind of a plan...

I'd be happy to brainstorm all of my meals.... Do you think it would help?

I'd be happy to brainstorm all of my meals.... Do you think it would help?

Yes, I do believe so ... :) all ideas and suggestions welcomed! thank you HealthyNewMe

I'll offer a one day meal plan:

Bfast: 2 ozs egg beaters omelet with 2 ozs turkey sausage and 1 oz low fat cheese. About 250-300 calories.

Snack: One small honeycrisp apple. 75 calories

Lunch: 2-3 slices of deli turkey, 1 Oroweat thin bread, 1 slice Colby jack cheese: Sandwich = about 300 calories

Snack: 1- 1.25 oz bag of Jerky or a slice of deli ham or turkey. 90 calories

Dinner: 8 oz baked salmon, handful of broccoli heads, drizzle of hollandaise sauce: = 600 calories

Dessert: 1 dove promises = 40 calories

But I'm a guy and we usually get away with more calories.

There's a really great blog full of recipes run by a woman who had gastric bypass years and years ago that I came across. She has some really awesome stuff, so check it out :)

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Thank you , thank you, and more thankfulness Healthy new me!!! This is what I needed. I agree ccjll. My doctor left town and so did his nutritionist, so I needed something to go by. Some of these things I can eat, some I definitely can't, but it is an awesome start. I lost all of my weight with slider foods and the band has protected me from myself and over eating until I had it loosened, big mistake, huge! I am not in "The green zone" and I think I may be too tight as per everyone's comments. I will have too wait to loosen until I get insurance back. Thanks for all the input. Any other ideas are welcomed. I appreciate all comments in advance. Thanks for your help. :)

I would love to add healthy new me and ccjll and others as friends but it says I can't do that, how can I do that??? Thanks for your help and support on this new journey!

-healthynewme thanks and I'm from the south too, I live I. Florida, but I'm from Lexington KY and love all the foods on your list, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a guide to go by!! You are awesome!!!

-healthynewme thanks and I'm from the south too, I live I. Florida, but I'm from Lexington KY and love all the foods on your list, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a guide to go by!! You are awesome!!!

I am happy to share. As you can see, I like basic foods. I just dropped most refined carbohydrates and substituted in whole wheat, brown rice, etc. I am much better w/out the WHITE SUGAR, FLOUR, RICE, and POTATOES!!!! The one thing I did not give up is FRIED. I eat fried chicken at least once a month and I don't care that it has a white flour coat. I've adopted my healthy daughter's motto of eating...... 90 % of the time, I make good, healthy food choices. 10% of the time, I eat my old favorite! The band keeps me from "overeating" my old favorites!!!!!

I would love to add healthy new me and ccjll and others as friends but it says I can't do that, how can I do that??? Thanks for your help and support on this new journey!

I don't know how to do that either. Ate you on MyFitnessPal?