Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, I made this thread for lap band patients (only please)

to come and say what they did for exercise on any giving day

it doesnt matter what it is

or how long you did it for

as long you do it (as that is what matters)

i cant do much, but i do try my best........so lets hear from you

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

ok, i will start........i did 40 minutes step aerobics today

I played softball with my youngest grandaughter for about an hour.. it's pretty cold here in Sunny Florida... lol so I haven't been out walking as much as I should.. Zumba classe are on Wed.

I ran OUTSIDE, In the cold rain when I got home from work this evening. And I enjoyed it! Now for a hot shower and a glass of wine for "dinner". :)

Gym at 6am...did not feel like running, and only did 30 minutes on the elliptical, no weights or anything else......then I spent almost an hour in the hot top with my i-pod.....it was one of those days, it felt so good and I needed some down time......back on Sunday morning after resting all day today......

I walked through a museum with my husband then walked about 2 more hours through an outside mall.

15 mile and 1 hr 20 minute bike ride. Burned off 1179 calories.

tmf

i made a luncheon spread for my daughter and husband for their moving day. it served all the ppl that helped. and than i drove home and fixed another lunch for the roofers here putting a new roof on the house. i spent the rest of the day going around the house and picking up roofing paper, nails and anything else the roofers threw to the ground. walked to my mailbox which is a football field away from my front door. me tired very tired.

I walked for 30 min around my store that I work at on my lunch , after I ate my lunch of sliced beef and veggies , almost like yoshinioa it's a Asian place , but I fixed my own so I knew how much I would eat so then I thought get out of my car for the next 30 min and walked so I , did then I cleaned , swept and scrubbed the deli floor so I guess that's sort of exercise lol .

Yesterday, the only exercise I got in was moving tables and chairs for my groups fund raiser. Then I marched/danced around the room for awhile to the music. Well, I guess I did get some exercise in. It did not seem to be much, but any little bu\it helps! Karen..aka.kll724

I looooove bicycling! I used to go on this trail by the river every single day. However, my knee started hurting so bad like I couldn't do it anymore and that is when I found out I have osteoarthritis. I just got banded on the 9th and I am hoping once I lose a little weight I will be able to bike again with less pain to the knee.

Feels so good to feel that wind on ya, music in your ears... so peaceful and a great workout! Boy I miss it. By spring I am going to try it again.

15 mile and 1 hr 20 minute bike ride. Burned off 1179 calories.

tmf

Cold here in NY...I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned for over an hour....doing things I couldnt do 70 lbs ago! :D

Made my hubby's day...that much less he has to do now!

I'm learning that exercise doesn't always have to be an "activity"....just moving more is exercise too.

Looking forward to some warmer weather here...can't wait to get back outside and do my walking.

commercial break:

EVERY MOVEMENT you do counts.....

back to scheduled programming

Lake walk! Snowing lightly here and sub-zero temps on the way -- figured I'd better get out while the going is good. It's a three mile walk with a friend whose little dog keeps us at a breathless pace. Plus we have lots to discuss so the talking helps the exercise, too. I always feel great afterward and yet there's still some old lazy voice tellimg me I don't really want to go. I'm learning how to shut that down and seek joy and health instead. A complete rewiring takes time, I guess, but I'm getting there. Here's to it!