Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm actually from Kalgoorlie but had my surgery done in Perth.

Who's out there?

In case nobody answers make sure you check out "Attention Australian Sleevers" in this same forum. :)

Hi

I'm from Perth, had my surgery 11 months ago & have lost 37 am at my goal weight but maybe another 5. I am slack when it comes to exercise but keep busy & always on the go. It's the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Are there other Perth-ers out there?

You are going to love it. It will change your life. It will be hard at first but you will be so glad you did it. Who's your doctor?

Sounds like you are doing well now, eggs?

Hi,

I'm also from Perth and am booked in for the 28th Feb with Dr Armstrong.

I'm still not losing weight very fast but I see how well the gals from my town are doing and how fun it is for them. It is life changing. As for me....sloooow and steady but it's coming off, about one lb a week or one kg every two weeks.

Vool! So excited for you. Are you looking forward to it? Are you nervous?

A little nervous about it at the moment, i have to do 4 weeks of Optifast before the operation so just getting through that will be challenge enough. Need to find a couple of ways to spice it up, i get 4 optifast a day and 2 cups of starch free vegies

Yes - the pre- op diet is a challenge. Just keep your eye on the prize and tick off each day that you get through. The first 3-4 days are difficult but after that you will get into the 'zone' . When ketosis starts, I bought a non alcohol mouth wash from the chemist - they say they work better than Listerine. Your mouth will feel like the bottom of a bird cage - with the feathers - so your breath might not be great! You might want to warn people about that as it can be a bit embarrassing - everyone is different so see how you go. Good luck - this is a short term pain for a long term.. weight loss! The best thing I ever did!

You will probably grow to love those non starch veggies :)

Hi Voo

I had surgery 5 Feb last year with Dr Armstrong, he is very good so you are in safe hands. The first day was the worst but after that you start to feel better every day.

I have reached the goal weight he set for me but would like to loose about another 4/5 kilos but not too worried about it.i feel fantastic & it was the best thing I could of done for myself.

Hope it al goes well for you.

Karen

I am also from Perth. Sleeved 22 of Nov '13' by Dr Dolan. I've lost about 20kgs so far.. Its definitely a lot of hard work & is a tool that needs 100% commitment if you want the results.

No regrets at all, but in the first 6-8 weeks you definitely go through the "what have I done to myself" ... And the head hunger of thinking you could go for a larger portion sized meal when in reality you can only eat very little & if you push it you will vomit (not a pleasant experience).. I've learn my full feeling.

At the moment I've been noticing my hair falling out :( anyone else getting this symptom 12 weeks out? It's frustrating .. Any tips?