Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1cc in 1cc out 1cc in again

Well last month I had a fill of 1cc put in totaling 5cc in my 14cc band . Within 2hrs of receiving that fill I could drink NOTHING :( I mean nothing not even Water. So I returned 2days later and he took that 1cc back out . I just went in today and he put that 1cc back in again. So far so good.

This whole process is so fascinating! I hope this is the perfect fill for you and that you soar through these next few months. 2014 is going to be a big year for weight loss -- we are rocking our bands! Best wishes to you......

Why in the heck would he put 1cc back in when you clearly had problems with it originally? This is the point where I would be asking my Doctor the thought process behind that. I would think 1 in and 1cc out because of problems he would put less back in. Like a .5cc or something but not the full 1cc that you had issues with.

I am obviously not a medical professional but that makes zero sense to me.

Edited by Jim1967

Well last month I had a fill of 1cc put in totaling 5cc in my 14cc band . Within 2hrs of receiving that fill I could drink NOTHING :( I mean nothing not even Water. So I returned 2days later and he took that 1cc back out . I just went in today and he put that 1cc back in again. So far so good.

Sorry but this defies...science...LOL....hopefully that it magically works for ya!

Also I want to add: Just because you can get liquids down right now does not mean you will be able to in about 2-4 weeks, remember adjustments are tricky and it depends on what is going on with your body at the moment reason why you are able to get liquids down NOW....

If was was too tight the first time, it's very likely you will be too tight again when this adjustment finally settles in about 2-3 weeks....

Always remember sometimes you can't feel a too tight band immediately and sometimes it takes awhile for it to tighten up to the point of not being able to swallow your spit, or eat any solids.

It would have been more wise to only add 1/2 of what you had taken about before, 1cc is BIG fill.

Edited by NaNa

Typically I've found that as an adjustment 'settles,' it becomes easier to eat and drink rather than becoming more difficult. Also, if your stomach was swollen or upset the first time that you got that fill, that could have a lot to do with it.

Also weather is a huge factor: I had a fill done in the middle of december (just .5 cc to bring me to 8) and left Florida about 2 weeks later to go to Minnesota, and though I was fine in Florida, I had a lot of trouble in Minnesota and stuck mostly to Soups. As soon as I was back in Florida, I was fine once more.

Bands are tricky beasts. Hoping this one works better for you!!

xx Quinn

Typically I've found that as an adjustment 'settles,' it becomes easier to eat and drink rather than becoming more difficult. Also, if your stomach was swollen or upset the first time that you got that fill, that could have a lot to do with it.

Also weather is a huge factor: I had a fill done in the middle of december (just .5 cc to bring me to 8) and left Florida about 2 weeks later to go to Minnesota, and though I was fine in Florida, I had a lot of trouble in Minnesota and stuck mostly to Soups. As soon as I was back in Florida, I was fine once more.

Bands are tricky beasts. Hoping this one works better for you!!

xx Quinn

You've only had your band a short time, it takes a while to get to know your band, also it's well documented in lap band literature that for most it takes about 3 weeks to really feel the affect of a recent adjustment...

Also you could have had swelling the reason it became "easier to eat" there is a big difference in swelling from a fill adjustment and being too tight.

You've only had your band a short time, it takes a while to get to know your band, also it's well documented in lap band literature that for most it takes about 3 weeks to really feel the affect of a recent adjustment... Also you could have had swelling the reason it became "easier to eat" there is a big difference in swelling from a fill adjustment and being too tight.

That's true, I'm sure. I've had a similar question before so I'm just sharing what my doctor explained to me plus what I've learned from having a band so far. Sorry that it wasn't helpful to you! :)

I re-read the original post again she did say it had been a month since the original fill/removal. It is definitely possible with the month difference her stomach was able to finally take that 1cc.

Again, I wasn't being critical of you or your Doctor. I was just conveying that would've been a red flag for me to question the Doctor on his thought process.

Hope this fill puts you in the green zone :)

I re-read the original post again she did say it had been a month since the original fill/removal. It is definitely possible with the month difference her stomach was able to finally take that 1cc.

Again, I wasn't being critical of you or your Doctor. I was just conveying that would've been a red flag for me to question the Doctor on his thought process.

I think you need to re-read her post again....

She just went back to the doctor yesterday and put that entire 1cc back ...it has not been a month... She was too tight a month ago and I remember her post.

She said:

So I returned 2days later and he took that 1cc back out . I just went in today and he put that 1cc back in again. So far so good.

But regardless...it's her band and her body.

Edited by NaNa

She just went back to the doctor yesterday and put that entire 1cc back ...it has not been a month... She was too tight a month ago and I remember her post.

She said:

So I returned 2days later and he took that 1cc back out . I just went in today and he put that 1cc back in again. So far so good.

But regardless...it's her band and her body.

Actually I think you need to re-read it. It was last month she went for the initial fill and had the issue.

"Well last month I had a fill of 1cc put in totaling 5cc in my 14cc band . Within 2hrs of receiving that fill I could drink NOTHING :( I mean nothing not even Water. So I returned 2days later and he took that 1cc back out . I just went in today and he put that 1cc back in again. So far so good."

Not to get into a cat fight about this.. :P

Actually I think you need to re-read it. It was last month she went for the initial fill and had the issue.

If she got 1cc added over 1 month, then went back 2 days later after not being able to swallow her spit and removed that 1cc....and THEN she went back yesterday ( A month later) and added that SAME 1CC BACK....and now she is saying that SO FAR SO GOOD...I replied and told her that in MANY many CASES ...fill adjustments don't fully settle in until about 3-4 weeks later and they are tricky depending on the ebb flow of the body....

So how can this fill work for her IF she was too tight WITH the SAME 1CC she had 1 month ago where she could not swallow her spit?...

Again her band band her body....

Edited by NaNa

OP, if you are able to drink and eat comfy, then that is what matters..

however if you cannot, maybe a call or go back to the dr for advisement..

Your Dr. is orchestrating your care.. that is what you paid for.. I think you meant you had a fill which didn't allow you to drink and then you had an unfil then went back a month later and had another fill.. but I could be wrong.. some people love to argue and always want to be right so, I don't care about them.. I hope you figure your band out and will be comfortable.. it's no fun being too tight.

How many times we have to go through this? I had banded 2009 and since then i am in constant every 3 or 4 months go for fill or unfill? I am about to give up. I fill 1 cc i get stuck, remove it i can eat easily and keep on gaining weight. Is it normal? Anyone else goes through this up and down? Sometimes i feel shame going back for fill or unfill. Please advise me. I have gained 20lb back. And it is making me depress. Pls help if you can??