Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

looking for people banded with TLBC (now Slimband) our contracts now null and void

Thank you for the info. Just keeps getting worse!

if you look at post #9 Tamara is taking names. She will take your email and info and have the two girls in Toronto contact you.

Her email is: tboyd67.wftw@gmail.com

This is an interesting thread, I have had three bands, 1 by Dr Joffe and Yau, 1 by TLBC and 1 by slimband. I would be interested in know more about the lawsuit since there is no longer support for patients and I am one of them. A group of patients was told by the finance team at Scarborough Grace we would always be covered and then again by Dr Joffe and Yau. When my last band was put in I was given nothing so I have no clue anymore. But when I was banded over 12 years ago it was a lifetime support for everything.

I now live in the US and haven't tried to get a fill, but I imagine if I try I will be told the same story.

If the person is managing the class action wants to contact me my name is Heather and my email is susieq321@Hotmail.com.

Thanks Heather, I have forwarded your information!

Just a question Heather! Your last band must be with Slimband and that being the case you should be ok.

It is with Slimband and i have emailed them but, if they are denying people I wouldn't be surprised if they denied me too. I was re-banded by them about two and half years ago. I didn't get a contract or any papers etc.

I would be interested still in knowing about the lawsuit and I have a ton of contacts who were banded by TLBC, Slimband and Joffe and Yao pre-clinic. I also know Kathy P. and can contact her for information.

Once upon a time we had a Yahoo site that was very active, with lunches monthly, dinners, emails and support groups. I am sure I can get in touch with a variety of people.

Wow, interesting that they didn't give you a contract. I am not sure if Kathy is still with them. They have got rid of a lot of employees. Dr. Yau has resigned (or asked to). Nancy who was a great asset for them is also gone I have forwarded your information to someone who resides in Toronto and she will will contact you. Hope to talk to you soon.

Kathy hasn't been with them for almost a year now. I read the article about Yau this morning, a friend sent it with the link to this thread to me... I have been a long time member I don't post often anymore though.

I was experiencing problems most of 2012 and finally in June 2012 they recommended my fill be removed (I only had .5 in there from 2003 to 2012 and was still having problems) I kept in touch with them via email and they were always calling me to give me advise and ask how I was doing. So after a few tries at refilling me 1 then a defill to .5 in May & July 2013 I was still having problems. It was a surgical nurse doing the fills in Bowmanville that told me she was going to talk to Dr. Yau because she was going to recommend he go in and possibly put a new band in. I just wanted it fixed!!! I was called for a surgery date October 31, 2013 and the day started off with a 2 hr surgery delay then Dr.Yau came in and explained everything and he was so charming and I remember telling my mom and husband that he used to be a dick and he was no so nice.

Well I had surgery and the hell for me started!!!

I woke up in the recovery room by wonderful nurses and moved to another room to rest in. Dr. Yau came in stood over my bed and started yelling at me telling me I was not his responsibility anymore and how dare I ask for a new band, I after all wasn't even his patient and the guy who did my surgery wasn't even allowed to practice in Canada anymore. I was on IV had oxygen and at that point a nurse came in an told him to leave. She said she is my patient and you are upsetting her. I lost it, after they took the IV the nurse left the room for me to rest but I got up, got dressed and started walking down the hall calling out for my husband. I was still groggy and crying really bad. Two nurses came running down the hall to get me and told me that no matter what he said they were not allowed to let me leave until THEY felt I was okay. I was taken back to the room and the nurses stayed with me and one told me that what Dr. Yau did was unacceptable and that they had called in the Patient Support Coordinater. She came up to the room and told me that Dr. Yau had no business saying what he said and that they realized I wasn't a NEW patient. It was their mistake. Dr. Yau came back in and told me if I wanted his help in the future I had to pay the full NEW price. I told him that he was an ass and that what he did was uncalled for. I told him you don't berate patients when they have only been out of surgery for 30 minutes and that he was a dick. I also told him that his bed side manner needed working on. He said, oh well and walked out of the room. The nurses kept telling me that they were shocked at his behaviour.

So that was my experience and I am still considering legal action against that ass and slimband. They don't deserve to be in business .. especially when you are dealing with people's lives.

Deborah

Thanks Tamara, I sent you an email

I have just printed out all of my emails from 2010 - October 2013 (correspondence with nurses, requisitions, fill and de-fill confirmations, pre-op package etc) with regards to my problems and they are in a binder.

So I was banded by Dr. Yau at Scarborough Grace in 2003, was promised to be looked after for the rest of my life - we were, in fact looked after by TLBC actually - but then they started telling us to call his private office for appointments - but my last defill was from the centre. I have no idea where my paperwork is - I've been thinking about getting a total defill - I have the oldest Lap-Band - the 4 cc one and am just tired of the constant restriction - I've lost 110 lbs and am pretty happy where I'm at - and now if I have no service - I think I really want all the fill out to avoid any possible complications in the future - but I have no idea where or how to get this done! What to do? My email is jagosta@gmail.com - and am interested in participating in whatever is going forward with the older patients who are getting left behind - as we are now at risk with no one to look after us....

Will somebody please tell me what the hell is going on. I was banded back in 2001 by Dr. Joffee and Dr. Yau assisted at the time. I've had many follow ups with the center in TO till they were able to do fills and de fills in Windsor. I'd sure like to know what's up. I read about Dr. Yau resigning but know nothing about my contract being null and void. Please email me anyone. julescolomba@yahoo.ca