Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

How Bout New Zealand

Views
Started by Gizmonz, Mar 22, 2007 12:03 AM
343 replies to this topic
343 replies to this topic

Gizmonz

Novice

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • My Blogs
Posted March 22, 2007 - 12:03 AM

Is there anyone out there that is from New Zealand. I have just joined this website - thanks to another friend who told me about it. I was just wondering if there were any other kiwi's out there. I have just had my banding op on the 8th March 07, so it all rather new for me. Just gone on to the mushy food stage and excited about that. Some normal food that I don't have to drink - YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

slimmingkazzy

Posted March 25, 2007 - 4:59 AM

Glad to see we have our own little area, albeit not many posts yet!

I was banded 20.3.07 so just new to it all, but feeling great.

Still on liquids for another week then onto the much looked forward to mushie stage!

Mashed potatoes has never sounded so good, with gravy!

Kazzy

cate

Intermediate Member

Posted March 30, 2007 - 1:37 AM

Hi guys, I just got banded in Auckland on March 28th. Still got nothing but liquids ahead of me for a little while yet (joy!)

All good though.

How are you guys doing?

Cate

pinkybar

Intermediate Member

• My Blogs
Posted April 1, 2007 - 10:36 PM

Hi, I'm in Wellington and I'm having my surgery on April 18th so I'm a bit behind you guys. I'm due to start my pre-op diet in 2 days and I'm getting quite excited about it all.

Anyway, this is my first day on the site and I'm glad to see there are some Kiwi's here. :girl_hug:

cate

Intermediate Member

Posted April 2, 2007 - 2:28 AM

Hi Pinkbar,

have fun with the optiyuk - get through the first 3 days & you'll find it bearable. :girl_hug:

How are you other guys doing? I'm on day 5 post-op & getting fed up with liquids already!

Cheers,
Cate

pinkybar

Intermediate Member

• My Blogs
Posted April 2, 2007 - 5:17 PM

LOL! Thanks Cate. I just tried the vanilla and yuk is right!! I'm hoping the chocolate tastes better! I can't imagine 6 weeks on this stuff right now!

cate

Intermediate Member

Posted April 2, 2007 - 7:34 PM

LOL! Thanks Cate. I just tried the vanilla and yuk is right!! I'm hoping the chocolate tastes better! I can't imagine 6 weeks on this stuff right now!

Hi again Pinkybar (your name is making me crave chocolate lol!)

Try this link: http://au.messages.y...ealth/lap-band/

It is another board I am on, & their top thread is for people on the optifast stage - they have some great ideas for adding flavours. Personally, I used very cold water & whizzed it in my magic bullet before sculling as quickly as possible! I would be hanging for my serve of brocolli & cauliflower with some salt & lemon juice of an evening!

Those were the days...now it is liquid all the way for another week or so! I'm using Miada protein drink (a NZ company) & various soups this side of the band & my treat is frozen iceblocks.

Hang in there!
Cate:)

pinkybar

Intermediate Member

• My Blogs
Posted April 2, 2007 - 8:53 PM

Hehe, I was worried pinkybar might have that effect! My name's Ellen anyway. ;)

Thanks for the link. I will go check it out.

cate

Intermediate Member

Posted April 6, 2007 - 2:38 AM

Hey Kiwis - Happy Easter!

I'm going to enjoy a taste of Cadburys on Sunday lol!:nervous

Drive safely!
Cate

Gizmonz

Novice

• My Blogs
Posted April 6, 2007 - 5:41 PM

Hey there,

Well I am pleased to see there are some other Kiwis on here. Great to finally have some others around. Well I must admit the Optifast diet for you guys - is Yuck. I used to make it with cold water and add frozen berries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. That makes it a lot better and they go well in either the Chocolate or Vanilla flavour. The first week will be the hardest, then it will get easier. for a week and then after the op - you won't feel hungry. I am now at the stage of going back on to solids. So far so good. Nothing has got stuck so far, mind you I have to chew the hell out of my food before I swallow, but nice to feel normal again. Looking forward to sucking on some chocolate for easter - not too much mind you. Well I hope you are all doing good. Lets keep up the contact.

Regards to all

Dale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Oct 24
    BladeFox

This week was the week from Hell. To the point that I went in on some carbs...

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      Oct 24
    Ava324

Had my first upper GI yesterday. First off COOL, and second, my sleeve is fre...

Show comments (3)
View All Updates