Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah that's me I'm 35. I'm 5 weeks pregnant today.. I hadn't really realized that I'd be put in that category but atlas I am. I'm what they refer to as Advanced Maternal Age Boo :( almost saddens me to say it. I am 100 lbs healthier that I was when I had my older children but my eggs unfortunately are 35 years old just like me which makes me high risk coupled with me being a bariatric patient it puts me at a higher risk for all sorts of complications. Anybody else on the same boat as me I need a buddy right about now.

Luckily I am a year out so getting food in isn't going to be a problem. I'm just worried about the other risks.. How did your pregnancy go?

A friend of mine had her surgery a year ago and is in her mid 30's and never been pregnant. She is due the 23rd of January and is doing really great. Just make sure you follow your doctors instructions and you should do great.

A friend of mine had her surgery a year ago and is in her mid 30's and never been pregnant. She is due the 23rd of January and is doing really great. Just make sure you follow your doctors instructions and you should do great.

that's the plan thanks for responding

Congrats on the baby!! :) Surprise!!??

I'm so freaking scared It'll be me next. My ol'man wont leave me alone lol 102 pounds has him ummm everywhere. HA We couldn't have a baby on our own ( nothing really wrong) just never worked out. I got pregnant our first try via IVF. So the possibility of me getting pregnant now is much more. I know that's not what you are asking but I'd love to hear how your pregnancy goes. I'm almost 33 myself. :) was thinking after I reach goal (and maintain for a year or 2) I'd think about our other eggs on ice. :P Best wishes momma

Congrats. I think your be just fine. I know a few people on here that have very healthy babies with little to no complications. :P

Congrats on the baby!! :) Surprise!!?? I'm so freaking scared It'll be me next. My ol'man wont leave me alone lol 102 pounds has him ummm everywhere. HA We couldn't have a baby on our own ( nothing really wrong) just never worked out. I got pregnant our first try via IVF. So the possibility of me getting pregnant now is much more. I know that's not what you are asking but I'd love to hear how your pregnancy goes. I'm almost 33 myself. :) was thinking after I reach goal (and maintain for a year or 2) I'd think about our other eggs on ice. :P Best wishes momma

not quite a surprise just wasn't ready to be a high risk lol

My doctor told me that due to having bariatric surgery, I would be considered high risk. So just blame it on that!! ;) congrats on the pregnancy.

My doctor told me that due to having bariatric surgery, I would be considered high risk. So just blame it on that!! ;) congrats on the pregnancy.

yeah I guess I got a double whammy.. Thanks

Congrats on the baby!! :) Surprise!!?? I'm so freaking scared It'll be me next. My ol'man wont leave me alone lol 102 pounds has him ummm everywhere. HA We couldn't have a baby on our own ( nothing really wrong) just never worked out. I got pregnant our first try via IVF. So the possibility of me getting pregnant now is much more. I know that's not what you are asking but I'd love to hear how your pregnancy goes. I'm almost 33 myself. :) was thinking after I reach goal (and maintain for a year or 2) I'd think about our other eggs on ice. :P Best wishes momma

not quite a surprise just wasn't ready to be a high risk lol

Right!!! I'd ummm probably snorted and choked at finding that out and said....have you seen what I've done with "this body" hands running over your sweet curves lol. Might not be motherly lmao I understand why they say "high risk" I was 29 when I did IVF and that not being old it was still not as great as being 25.

However, I'm finding as I gain wisdom (not age) :lol: that 35 and 40 don't seem like the grand old age that I once thought. I feel amazing at 33 and plan on feeling even better at 35 and 40 :) please keep me posted whenever you feel like it via pm or here I'd love to hear how awesome your doing you. Your success now and will be right back to yourself after your sweet baby is here.

Right!!! I'd ummm probably snorted and choked at finding that out and said....have you seen what I've done with "this body" hands running over your sweet curves lol. Might not be motherly lmao I understand why they say "high risk" I was 29 when I did IVF and that not being old it was still not as great as being 25. However, I'm finding as I gain wisdom (not age) :lol: that 35 and 40 don't seem like the grand old age that I once thought. I feel amazing at 33 and plan on feeling even better at 35 and 40 :) please keep me posted whenever you feel like it via pm or here I'd love to hear how awesome your doing you. Your success now and will be right back to yourself after your sweet baby is here.

I'm seeing a nutritionist today they want to keep an eye on my weight. My OB said only 15 lbs he's a weight Nazi and he wants me drinking 80 oz of Water a day his reasoning it will keep my blood pressures down and keep me hydrated.. I will certainly be posting pics once my flat belly becomes a bump.. ;)

In not extraordinarily concerned about either reason for that label, personally. I'm 37, and I've had two full-term, healthy pregnancies since passing that "advanced maternal age" mark (though I've been "high risk" in every one of my pregnancies because of hormone imbalances and cervical incompetency). As for the bariatric surgery, you're taking in food now and have no trouble eating. Making sure you're prioritizing fluids would be your #1 thing since dehydration can cause preterm labor down the line, and as for food, the recommendation would be to prioritize Protein, which you're likely doing anyway. I would absolutely not let these labels worry you, and enjoy every single moment of this blessing! Congratulations!!!

Edited by VSG AJH

In not extraordinarily concerned about either reason for that label, personally. I'm 37, and I've had two full-term, healthy pregnancies since passing that "advanced maternal age" mark (though I've been "high risk" in every one of my pregnancies because of hormone imbalances and cervical incompetency). As for the bariatric surgery, you're taking in food now and have no trouble eating. Making sure you're prioritizing fluids would be your #1 thing since dehydration can cause preterm labor down the line, and as for food, the recommendation would be to prioritize Protein, which you're likely doing anyway. I would absolutely not let these labels worry you, and enjoy every single moment of this blessing! Congratulations!!!

thank you so much for the kind words I appreciate it

My pregnancy went ok. I has the typical morning sickness that lasted 30 horrible weeks. I had severe anemia which caused me to get 3x/week Iron infusions. Hypoglycemia which I had to eat often or I would get really sick. To me those were things weren't that bad and I had a healthy baby boy 7lbs5oz He's now 10 weeks old and I'm able to breast feed him with no issues.

post-197289-0-82858800-1389147929_thumb.jpg