Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in June 2010 and nearly all my weight is back on

I feel depressed I have lost my job and the life I thought I would have post band had not happened....

I am now 14st 6lbs and feel like shit.....I seem to be able to cheat the band....or more like cheat myself....

I suffer social anxiety when I am out eating and cannot cope with the stress of eating out with friends....however when I am home I can eat.....

I have stayed away from the chips and fast food...I missed bread rolls with cheeses, salad and onion....I seem to have become a terrible eater.....

I am back on Monday to my nurse...I have 6.25mls in a 10ml band...she is now saying I may have to get it all emptied if I do not lose weight as the band does not work for everyone...depressed.com

Wow! I can't believe she said that. I'm sorry you are going thru a rough time. Hopefully together with your Doctor, you can get back on track. You are definitely going in the right direction by going back. Good luck and please keep us posted :)

i can't believe your doctor said that either. but i will concede that the band or any wls isn't for everyone. now with that said. and since you do have that band i hope you try one more time to have it work. my suggestions are, your doctor or a new doctor to assess your band and the fills in it. second a nutritionalists who will advise and remind you what to eat, and how much and lastly a psychologist, someone who can help you figure out why you are eating and indulging as you are. we all have mental issues dealing with food. we all have triggers that make us want to eat. they don't just go away. i have a psychiatrist i see, who helps me and i think most ppl that are obese need some help. i hope you decide you want to lose wt. again. and here's to you for a brand new you

Thanks for all the support....I think thats why I came back on .....

My friends don't get it as I am slim on the bottom size 12 but top heavy so men love it ....skinny legs and arms but all chest.....

I am not big but I feel huge in my head......

I know I get bored and eat.....my whole eating habits have changed from being a bulk comfort eater to eating sweet things which I never ate....

Its unusual for me as I got operated in England with a BMI of 35 costing me E7,000 because they would not operate in Ireland with a BMI of under 40 plus its E18,000 to get the operation privately in Ireland....

I have gone to therapy and I can trace my bad eating to moving as a child and having my mother sick in hospital during the teenage years....but I am an adult now and know its up to me to lose it....

I am going back to the nurse on Monday and she is very nice....but did say it may not just be for me....

I think I thought the band would change my life....when it is me who can only change it....

**I think I thought the band would change my life....when it is me who can only change it....**

powerful words you wrote and its 100% true

get back to band basics..get your band checked out like the other posters said

and do what the stupid lady said cant be done.....get well and healthy.....hang in there

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

I am glad that you are going back to see the nurse. sounds like you have a plan. best wishes for the New Year.Karen..aka.kll724

The band can work for everyone, but only if everyone is willing to do the work that it takes. Your doctors office was totally wrong to tell you they were going to take the Fluid out and be done with it. You can do this. Stick with the site, get the encouragement you need and get your chin up, your eyes back on prize and lets go.