Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's happening to my stomach?

I am five months post and I lost 54 pounds to date. Over the last five days, my stomach has been killing me. I can't eat more than a few tablespoons of food before I feel like I have to throw up. I've also had a lot of sharp pains running throughout my stomach. It's getting to the point where my stomach hurts even when I drink liquids? Has anyone ever felt this way before? I'm really concerned.

I had this same thing and my dr prescribed me Prilosec. It didn't help. The pain was so severe I went to the ER. The Dr said it was GERD and I said I was already taking Prilosec. She said not all medicines for reflux are the same and prescribed me Pepcid AC 20mg twice a day. Since that day the pain hasn't returned. So if you are already on something for acid and you still have pain, maybe it's the wrong med for you. We are all different.

I am 7.5 months out and am having the same problem. Let me know if you find a solution.

Have them check your gallbladder. I was 7 months out. Started having similar symptoms. Things went south fast! Ended up with having emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed.

Thank you for your advice. I'm going to have the doctor check my gallbladder.

After almost a year of sever vomiting episodes, weeks and weeks of missed school and I don't even know how many dr visits my daughter was diagnosed with gerd. In addition to medication she was put on the BRAT diet for a while and still has to be careful about what she eats. It took drs almost a year to diagnose her.

Hello. I have pain 2 years out and it may just mask the problem but Phenergan has been a huge help because I just stopped vomiting after 2 years. It allows me to get food down and stay down but since my sleeve is to small it takes all day to get in Proteins and fluids. It doesnt have any side effects to me and I cannot hardly tolerate most medication. Hope you are better real soon so you can start enjoying your new journey :)