Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help I am stuck and worried ill fail

I am about 8 months out and I lost 70lbs but I ended up at a plateau and I am scared I am stuck here I have no motivation for the gym ..help I need some guidance!

Hi Stephi. Sorry you're having a hard time. When I was about 5 months out I hit my first and only "stall" or "plateau" or whatever you'd like to call it. I noticed my restriction wasn't as strong suddenly and my appetite for bad foods had increased, and I was giving in to the cravings more than I should. This lasted about a month for me. I was sure it was over, that I was done losing weight and I would be one of those people who failed. I simply decided that wasn't going to be the case. I didn't pay to have my stomach surgically removed to half ass this, and neither did you. So you just have to find a way to recommit yourself. You're gonna have to go within yourself, however corny that sounds, and find some new strength to finish the job you've started. For me, I went right back to liquids only for two weeks. Protein Shakes. It was HARD. But I detoxed off of those bad foods, and I got familiar with what my new "looser" restriction was, and I carried on. I finished losing every single bit of my weight because I somehow was strong enough to go back to shakes for two weeks to restart the process. Now I drink zero shakes, but it was crucial for me at that crossroad. Best of luck!

Step hi, I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. I am 22 months out with 70 lbs to go. I am scared and a bit depressed. I think I know where you are at. Jenny, your response is a sound one and I need to follow it myself. Any one want to be a mentor for this long time loser?

We all have some rough times like this. I take it one day at a time and focus on today. Eat clean and stay on track and remind myself that it will take time to relearn positive coping skills to address the thoughts of failure. It's a process for all of us. You can do this and yu will succeed..... :P

I am almost one year out, and I have been same weight for about 4 months now. I am supposed to lose 14 more # to reach my goal. I am very happy where I'm at, so not sure if I'll evet get to goal. Sometimes our bodies stop where they feel the healthiest, sometimes its not a number thing.

Hang in there and just keep doing the right things.

One of the sentiments echoed over and over on another board I'm a member at (one for people who are chronically disorganized :blush: ) is "motivation follows action". If you can drag yourself to the gym once or twice whether you feel like it or not, the "feeling like it" might come afterwards!

You've done a fantastic job so far, and I know you can get reinvested in the process! Best of luck to you :)

I just recently had my surgery (Feb 2014) about 9 weeks ago, and I am at a plateau. I am feeling so disappointed with myself. I have been at the same weight for about 3 weeks. I was doing good at first. I had lost 49lbs. Then I started slipping back into my old habits of eating at night. I am having a hard time with that . I wake up every 15-25 minutes and eat just a little each time...but it adds up to a whole lot. I just want to cry I am so mad at myself. I am going to keep trying though. I'm not giving up this easy With enough willpower I know I can get back on track!

Hi cja! Congratulations, losing 49 pounds in 6 weeks is pretty impressive! I read what you wrote, and all I could think about was how horrible my own decisions are when I'm not getting enough sleep. It seems like correcting the insomnia might be even more important that correcting the snacking, and it might be worth talking to the doc about. In the meantime it might be worth taking a look at your activity - are you getting enough, and when? Is there something very low calorie you can keep around if you can't control the snacking? Sometimes I go through bouts of it and downloaded a boring word game to my phone - when I wake up, I stay in bed and play that for a few minutes and it knocks me back out pretty quickly. You'll get it figured out, I know you will!

I have 54 more pounds till my goal and I dont know how to jump start it to start losing again I am scared ill gain it all back and feel like a loser anyone have any ideas to jump start my metabolism and get it going again? Please help

dear roundisashape, I like your username! I just wanted to say thank you for giving me support and for giving me some suggestions! I think I will also keep my sons ipad around at night & if I wake up maybe I can play a game instead of getting up & going to the kitchen! I think you are right about getting my lack of sleep under control. It probably does affect more areas of my life than I know. Anyway, thanks for replying to my post- I was happy to see someone had some words of wisdom for me! I hope to talk to you soon! love, cja

Thanks, cja! I've been there so I definitely know what you're experiencing :). Glad to have a new friend!!

Im so glad to have a new friend too!!! I did better last night. I controlled my eating much better; I still woke up all night but I think I only ate twice in the middle of the night which is really good for me! I had a string cheese and a fudgecicle. So we'll see how tonight goes? If I can just break that bad habit I know I'll start losing again... Hope to talk to you soon

Hi.. My weight loss is too slow...please guide me.

24th jan 14. wt 190lbs 30th jan 14 wt 183lbs 7th feb 14 wt 178lbs

14th feb 14 wt 173lbs 21st feb 14 wt 173lbs 27th feb 14 wt 173lbs

7th march wt 172lbs 14th march wt 171lbs 21st march wt 170lbs

28th march wt 170lbs 4th april 14 wt 169lbs 11 to 25th april 169lbs