Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Panni without full tummy tuck

I'm creating this thread for my friend who had surgery a year before I did. She doesn't post so asked me to start this for her. She is scheduled three weeks for a panni only, no additional Lipo or Tummy Tuck because insurance will only cover the panni. She has lost 180 pounds so has had rashes to make that part covered. Her question is if anyone else has had the panni only? And is there a significant difference between the panni area and the pooch that hasn't been touched over the belly button?

Before we knew what insurance would cover my doc said if insurance was paying for the hospital, insurance, ect, the added cost for the above the belly button was minimal (relatively) expensive. Your friend should ask her doc what the cost would be.

She has. She's actually also having another procedure done to tighten up the pubic area as well. They initially told her $5000 - 6000 for pubic and Tummy Tuck so she was all for it. Now they're saying $12000. Big difference.

She's worried about whether or not her tummy will look abnormal with an upper pooch and a flat panni area. Although her main issue is lower belly.

My panni surgery was 12/13/13 (2 weeks ago). I was also concerned about the same thing because I had an upper and lower pooch but my insurance only approved me for breast reduction and panni. Now 2 weeks out, I am greatful to have had it done. My surgeon removed everything below my belly button (which was alot) and once everything was pulled tight, my upper pooch is barely noticeable. Don't get wrong, I still need to get in the gym and work upper abs (especially now that my boobs are smaller..DD to B) but now I feel like I have a fighting chance with lower ab gone.

Also, my surgeon quoted me the price for upper pooch before my surgery because I wanted to see if I could afford it out of pocket.... $3500 more with upper since I was already getting lower...I couldnt afford it and even if I could, probably wouldn't have done it anyway...my upper isnt so bad that I can't work it off in the gym.

Also, my surgeon quoted me the price for upper pooch before my surgery because I wanted to see if I could afford it out of pocket.... $3500 more with upper since I was already getting lower...I couldnt afford it and even if I could, probably wouldn't have done it anyway...my upper isnt so bad that I can't work it off in the gym.

I too had a Panni on 12/12/13 and my insurance paid for everything belly button and below, except now I have no belly button. They quoted me 6000. for a new belly button and the upper belly with a full TT. I opted for the covered procedure. I am not disappointed at all. Still swollen so will need to wait to see what I'm left with after swelling goes away. But just having the lower gone and not having to tuck it in my jeans is going to be enough for me.. I can't stop looking in the mirror.

Thank you for your replies. This has made her feel better about her decision.

Thank you for your replies. This has made her feel better about her decision.

I had the panniculectomy on 12-5-13 and is feeling great let me tell you about my self and my journey so far. The top part don't look to bad me as well need to hit the gym but I believe she will like it. I'm still waiting to work out gotta wait 6 weeks. He took my navel off n move it up and he took a little over 7 pounds.