Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

its the holidays

they are eating things i cant have as i am on pre or post op diet phase

i am hungry

i am discouraged

i want to eat

i have no restriction

i have no fills

did i leave anything out?

i just wanted to say..

just because it is the holiday season, do not let that be a option to go all out.....def enjoy the food, the family and the time of year but reality is, the holidays are regular days...the sun comes up and the sun goes down..elvis will still be dead and buried at graceland

and 3500 calories ate or drank is a pound....and if we eat/drink more calories than we burn off, we will gain......fill or no fill....whichever WLS one has or does not have.....

you can choose to your allotted amount and make good choices

and ENJOY this time of year......

hang in there.....getting discouraged solves nothing...staying positive works

If I have learned anything so far this holiday season, it's this. All my life I've associated the holidays with food. Sugary, fatty, chocolately, delicious food. I have the rolls of fat on my body to show for it. This year, though, by not concentrating on the food, I've discovered that there are people at parties...not just the dessert table. So, while I eat my little meatball, and my bits of cheese and some yummy mexican dip, I can actually carry on a conversation and laugh without worrying about food. I'm enjoying this holiday season in a totally different way, and I like it!

If I have learned anything so far this holiday season, it's this. All my life I've associated the holidays with food. Sugary, fatty, chocolately, delicious food. I have the rolls of fat on my body to show for it. This year, though, by not concentrating on the food, I've discovered that there are people at parties...not just the dessert table. So, while I eat my little meatball, and my bits of cheese and some yummy mexican dip, I can actually carry on a conversation and laugh without worrying about food. I'm enjoying this holiday season in a totally different way, and I like it!

GF

post this comment often on the threads

this is what it is about

YOU go

Di I have done the same things! This year is so very different from years past. My focus is not on the food but the relationships and connections I have with people. Taking the time to honor them and nurture the ones I have and on making new ones.

I hate to shop, I don't like the the crowds of rude people or the parking or the drama. This year, I am out shopping. Parking at the back of the lot and walking all the way to the store. Taking the time to walk around the malls and stores taking the time to check it out and then go back and make purchases not just fill the wagon so I can get out the door.

Walking around more then once, and then making those purchases is a trisfector win for me!

I get some exercise and steps on my fitbit, I am saving money, and the person I am buying for is getting something well thought out and extra special!

I still don't like some of the rude people but I fight back and give them a smile some holiday cheer, that usually changes their tune and makes me smile even brighter!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

Thank you CG! You are awesome!

stay the course.......continue what you are doing and it will happen......

whether you like it or not, the first month you are healing...you are swollen, your not hungry and then you get hungry, trust me the hunger will return...NOW is the time to get your mind into the game........if you are struggling now, what will you do when it does slow down for real.......

ps: not eating/starving yourself doesnt work...eating good food in your band allotted amouts will, promise

My course right now is travelling to the twin cities for Christmas with my kids. Just talked to them on Skype. They will pick me up at the airport at 12 noon on Monday. They asked me what I wanted they should have on hand. My mind went blank. I'll take my earl grey tea bags & spenda pkts with, so I'll stay out of the holiday beverages. Then. . . try. . . to cut in one-half all the holiday food.

I've been sleeping so much lately, when this year is over I need to check in with my GP. The dark cold short days and living alone is the cause I'm sure. Seeing my family and with my grandson home from Afghanistan it will be a special time.

CG I think you should get a salary from the powers that own this site. Your responses on these forums are a magnet to our membership! I thank you for your inspiration & help.

Wishing you & Yours, A Merry Christmas & Happy Healthy New Year!

Edited by JOANNE M HOLL

joanne......such a gorgeous woman and soul.......

please have fun in the twin cities......when my ole man was still active duty AF

we were stationed there for 4 yrs....why we both respect mother nature.....big time

enjoy yourself

be safe

lots of pics so i can see (and other banders)

merry christmas and lots of love sent your way

ps, thank your grandson for his service.......my family (sure does) appreciate it

My course right now is travelling to the twin cities for Christmas with my kids. Just talked to them on Skype. They will pick me up at the airport at 12 noon on Monday. They asked me what I wanted they should have on hand. My mind went blank. I'll take my earl grey tea bags & spenda pkts with, so I'll stay out of the holiday beverages. Then. . . try. . . to cut in one-half all the holiday food.

I've been sleeping so much lately, when this year is over I need to check in with my GP. The dark cold short days and living alone is the cause I'm sure. Seeing my family and with my grandson home from Afghanistan it will be a special time.

CG I think you should get a salary from the powers that own this site. Your responses on these forums are a magnet to our membership! I thank you for your inspiration & help.

Wishing you & Yours, A Merry Christmas & Happy Healthy New Year!