Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why the negativity around Gastric Plication?

Hi I am considering Mexico for Plication. Kinda on the fence too. But can NOT afford USA. Would love to find a trial here in Northern California to do. with your experience with A clinical trial, I would like to know. what that entails. I want the Plication because it is non-invasive and I need to lose my weight for health reasons, I am type 2 diabetic with mild hypertension and cholesterol. So any and all info you would be willing to give, Please do and thank you. Lisa

The clinical trial just involves a bit more frequent follow up (once a month first year) and I fill out a few questionnaires each time I go in about attitude towards food and how my weight affects my life and they use those to track some of the changes. so only differences are only a little more paperwork and some additional aftercare, which I actually thought was a plus.

Hi I am considering Mexico for Plication. Kinda on the fence too. But can NOT afford USA. Would love to find a trial here in Northern California to do. with your experience with A clinical trial, I would like to know. what that entails. I want the Plication because it is non-invasive and I need to lose my weight for health reasons, I am type 2 diabetic with mild hypertension and cholesterol. So any and all info you would be willing to give, Please do and thank you. Lisa

I personally would never do the plication it involves folding your stomach in half. I can't see it staying folded with sutures for very long.

I personally would never do the plication it involves folding your stomach in half. I can't see it staying folded with sutures for very long.

What do you consider very long? Your comment seems unfounded. Have you researched plication?

What do you consider very long? Your comment seems unfounded. Have you researched plication?

My ? Too?

<p>I personally would never do the plication it involves folding your stomach in half. I can't see it staying folded with sutures for very long. </p>

You could make a similar (and equally unfounded) argument about the sleeve and how are some staples going to keep the contents of your stomach from falling out into your body cavity. Simple with the sleeve it's not like they're in there with a red swingline stapler, and when the suture the stomach they use permanent sutures and a stitching technique where if one suture fails it doesn't affect the others. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it would be nice if they could be informed a bit before rendering one.

Red Swingline stapler! Brant, I love your posts. And I follow this one because Plication is fascinating -- I'm a bit envious. Very rural area here and had not even heard of it until a few months ago.

Someone on this website had a problem his sutures came undone and he almost died. I am definitely not an expert and do not have any knowledge except that its less invasive and it involves folding your stomach in half and then sewing it together. I want 75% of my stomach gone out of my body.

Ok I admit I don't know very much about either thats why I post so I can learn and I am happy that I am being educated on the plication because so far no one has described what it is or how it works. if the sutures are permanent thats great and what about the sleeve are the staples permanent? Does your stomach heal after or do you always have to worry about the staples and food falling out?

If someone can enlighten me please do so.

Lap-band surgery plus Gastric Plication may be the perfect surgical combination for super morbidly obese patients. Because Gastric Plication causes a quicker more complete satiety, the patient can eat much less food. The lap-band further limits the amount of food that can be initially ingested. But its most important job is to heighten the sensitivity of the nerves at the top of the stomach. Those are the nerves that send the signal to the brain that you are full. So the combination of Gastric plication with Lap-band surgery results in fast satiety with much less food than the individual surgeries. iLap surgery is a double restrictive procedure that is adjustable to keep it working over the long run as is required by super morbidly obese patients. It can result in the same weight loss as the Lap-band over gastric bypass. But the small intestine is untouched and completely intact so it will deliver all the nutrition and energy in food consumed by the patient. The energy a super morbidly obese person desperately needs to get on their feet and move. Lap-band and Gastric Plication surgeries can be reversed because none of the stomach or intestines are surgically removed. Because both surgeries are less damaging than gastric bypass, recovery time can be much shorter. Physical therapy and exercise may be able to be done sooner after surgery and with more intensity, possibly improving the patient's prospect for living.

http://drsimpson.net/Gastric-Plication-weight-loss-surgery/Dr-Terry-Simpson-explains-gastric-plication-V/Dr-Terry-Simpson-explains-gastric-plication.html

the band and plication has DEF helped my living life

thanks for posting this simpson link catfish.....

as i posted earlier on this thread:

with any WLS, complications can and do happen......seems to me

that the neg and false things are said by people who have idea what it is or how it works.

for that info, its best to ask the WLS doctor.....as like with weight loss results, it varies

and so will people's opinions on this.

If someone can enlighten me please do so.

Lap-band surgery plus Gastric Plication may be the perfect surgical combination for super morbidly obese patients. Because Gastric Plication causes a quicker more complete satiety, the patient can eat much less food. The lap-band further limits the amount of food that can be initially ingested. But its most important job is to heighten the sensitivity of the nerves at the top of the stomach. Those are the nerves that send the signal to the brain that you are full. So the combination of Gastric plication with Lap-band surgery results in fast satiety with much less food than the individual surgeries. iLap surgery is a double restrictive procedure that is adjustable to keep it working over the long run as is required by super morbidly obese patients. It can result in the same weight loss as the Lap-band over gastric bypass. But the small intestine is untouched and completely intact so it will deliver all the nutrition and energy in food consumed by the patient. The energy a super morbidly obese person desperately needs to get on their feet and move. Lap-band and Gastric Plication surgeries can be reversed because none of the stomach or intestines are surgically removed. Because both surgeries are less damaging than gastric bypass, recovery time can be much shorter. Physical therapy and exercise may be able to be done sooner after surgery and with more intensity, possibly improving the patient's prospect for living.

http://drsimpson.net/Gastric-Plication-weight-loss-surgery/Dr-Terry-Simpson-explains-gastric-plication-V/Dr-Terry-Simpson-explains-gastric-plication.html

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

To clarify, they do not fold the stomach in half. They push the greater curve inward, and put two rows of sutures.

I just think its common sense my stomach is huge and I do not want if folded in half.

How do you know how big your stomach is?