Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Circumferential Body Lift Done 12/6

Congrats!

It seems that this procedure has many names - I had the lower body lift which is the same procedure.

Big Happy - I had a bunch done at once there is a post in this forum with the details. Recovery was not easy BUT now I am 2 months out I am very happy with results. The only thing that is still a real problem is i have side boobs (ie my chest wall under my arms has loose skin). It is one of those things that is fine nekkid, but when I wear a bra I get a little spillage. I guess for a guy less of an issue. :) anyway, I didn't want the scar going around my back and since it isn't "that bad" I will just live with it.

Congrats!

It seems that this procedure has many names - I had the lower body lift which is the same procedure.

Big Happy - I had a bunch done at once there is a post in this forum with the details. Recovery was not easy BUT now I am 2 months out I am very happy with results. The only thing that is still a real problem is i have side boobs (ie my chest wall under my arms has loose skin). It is one of those things that is fine nekkid, but when I wear a bra I get a little spillage. I guess for a guy less of an issue. :) anyway, I didn't want the scar going around my back and since it isn't "that bad" I will just live with it.

Let me tell you what I think is the most difficult part!!!!

After close to a year of working out at least 6 days a week…..sitting on my caboose not doing anything is HARD!!

After the snow slows down I am sending my wife to Dicks Sporting Goods to get a gripmaster so I can workout my grip and forearms while laying in bed!!

Its a disease and I have it BAD!!

Let me tell you what I think is the most difficult part!!!! After close to a year of working out at least 6 days a week…..sitting on my caboose not doing anything is HARD!! After the snow slows down I am sending my wife to Dicks Sporting Goods to get a gripmaster so I can workout my grip and forearms while laying in bed!! Its a disease and I have it BAD!!

LOLOLOL. I completely understand.

At times it's gonna seem like forever but it will be over eventually and you'll be left with an all new you.

post-166791-0-70356100-1386772662_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this worked but I am in the car on the way to my appointment so figured I would try a few pictures

post-166791-0-46049700-1386772669_thumb.jpg

Here are a few pics separated by about 13 months of my progress. Notice how much more of the door in the background you can see !!

post-166791-0-86467600-1386773111_thumb.jpg

post-166791-0-02385400-1386773119_thumb.jpg

post-166791-0-87237500-1386773119_thumb.jpg

post-166791-0-10849200-1386773120_thumb.jpg

Drumroll please......

Drumroll! Cheers! Rah rah! Hooray!!

And I'm cheering for the weight loss alone. Wow! Incredible transformation Scout. Very impressive.

Oh and nice body lit too :)

Surgery Update!

Looks like 2 of my 4 drains are really slowing and if all goes the same for the next day the will be at the parameters they need to be at to be removed!! That is very exciting!!!

For those of you contemplating the surgery….they need to produce less than 30cc's of drainage for 3 straight days before they can be taken out. There is an asterix!! Even if that happens in the first week they won't take them out….it has to be after 7 days!

This may sound a little gross, but I had read of some horror stories where liquid was draining into guys ballsack after the surgery causing massive swelling. Is that something to be worried about?

LOL….I have not heard or experienced that at all!!! I would say NO, that is not something to be worried about at all. If it makes you feel better, discuss it with your surgeon but I am fairly sure they will tell you the same.

Big happy.....I had my TT 2-1/2 months ago. I have heard of this, but not sure it's legitimate. Maybe. I've heard some doctors don't use drains. In that case I can see it being a problem. I had one friend who's doctor didn't use drains and he had massive leakage out of his belly button. Amy excess Fluid is supposed to go into the drains....and they compression binder squeezes out that fluid...not to mention holds everything in place.

One odd thing I did have was swelling in the upper pubic area. Not freak show type swelling, but noticeable to me. It subsided in a matter of weeks.

Had the binder off for only the second time just a few mins ago to take a "shower". With the drains "shower" means cleaning up with a bar of soap in the sink!

It feels very weird……the sensation along and around the incision is tingly and numb. Standing up is not an option, there is a strange tightening. The visual is still hard to get used to, it almost is like looking at someone else in the mirror. All in all, I am thrilled with the results and am anxious for the healing to continue for a couple of reasons. 1, to get back to normal, and 2, so I can get used to the "new" me!!!

The above is a physical but also a mental update because don't kid yourself…..this procedure is both a physical and mental one!!!

After 2-1/2 months I've still got some weird sensations. I've got some super sensitive areas right next to some numb areas. It's weird.

QUICK UPDATE:

10 Days post op and doing well, I had one of the four drains removed today. Not really that big of a deal but it was clearly towards the rear because the tube was REALLY long. Did not hurt at all, just a very weird sensation. One of the many I have been feeling lately.

BigHappy, I hope you read this because I owe you an apology! I kinda snickered at your idea that your "junk" could swell after the procedure well on Saturday night it happened to me!!! I was VERY freaked out but by the time I woke up on Sunday morning it "all" was back to normal. During my procedure they did make a cut straight down toward my genitals to remove the excess skin in that area and the Dr. said that leaking into or swelling is absolutely normal……."normal" ??? Not when you were not expecting it. I jokingly said, might be a good idea to give people a heads up on that one!! LOL

Still have 4 drains so being 1 down does not feel like a victory at all. I can tell I feel very good! Everyday I get more range of motion and less pain. No longer taking pain meds just Motrin if I feel a little ache

TO BE CONTINUED!