Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I Get Some Advice Please

I had my surgery back in March, the 6th to be exact. It has sure been a crazy time for me since. I had Major hernia repair at the same time. Days after surgery I developed pneumonia and acute kidney failure. The pneumonia just kept coming back again & again. I had 1 fill during that time. They kept running test after test on me & at one point even thought I had lung cancer. Come to find out I had histoplasmosis. I have finally gotten that under control & have been able to stay out of the hospital. Was given permission by my Dr to get another fill, that was about 6 weeks ago. I had 3cc's added & am now at 7cc's in a 14cc band.
My weight has been at a stand still. ugh.
Have been having a hard time getting to the gym & so I borrowed my mom's treadmill. eating less, much less, was just doing nothing for me at all. I track all my food & have been under in calories. The Dr's office says you should be losing 1-2 lbs a week.

Today I had a muscle milk for breakfast

2 strips of bacon & 2 eggs for lunch

cashews for snack

dinner will be fish & broccoli

muscle milk for late snack

I try to walk about 1 hr a day on the treadmill at a quick pace

Any suggestions?

I would say you are not getting in enough calories. I don't think that even adds up to 800 calories. If you had surgery in March try to eat food instead of drinking Protein shakes. I would rather much eat calories then drink them. If you have issues in the morning eating, make a shake with fruit, yogurt and other things many cant eat Breakfast but if you can eat Breakfast I would recommend replacing those shakes with food instead.

Do you have a nutritionist you can talk to? They could help you map out your meals.

I try not to drink my protein/calories so I don't do the Protein shakes (unless on liquids). Also, is the bacon full fat bacon or turkey bacon (could be a lot of fat & calories). Last comment is cashews are high calorie nuts, might try dry roasted peanuts or something lower in calories.

Again, talk with a nutritionist. Just because you are eating few calories it doesn't mean they are the right calories. Good luck to you.

Thank you so very much. I will schedule an appt with the nutritionist as soon as I am able. We are currently without insurance.

The bacon was regular bacon & I will get lower cal nuts next grocery trip.

Thanks so much for your advice ladies.

You've been through a lot -- sending best wishes. I imagine your body is still adjusting. Glad you're here on the forum! Snapi GOT this!

One more thought….. How many cashews do you eat for a snack? One ounce is about 160 calories, so if you're eating more than that, it could be an issue.

Great and sounds liek a nutritionist wil help!

Almonds are a better choice in nuts if you want to eat them. Mix a little dark chocolate chips with the almonds because not only is it good for you but it's a nice treat.

my doctor doesn't want me to eat Snacks. 3 meals a day only. no Protein shakes at all. eat low fat, carb etc. and what fits on a saucer. i think this is working.

I had my surgery back in March, the 6th to be exact. It has sure been a crazy time for me since. I had Major hernia repair at the same time. Days after surgery I developed pneumonia and acute kidney failure. The pneumonia just kept coming back again & again. I had 1 fill during that time. They kept running test after test on me & at one point even thought I had lung cancer. Come to find out I had histoplasmosis. I have finally gotten that under control & have been able to stay out of the hospital. Was given permission by my Dr to get another fill, that was about 6 weeks ago. I had 3cc's added & am now at 7cc's in a 14cc band.

My weight has been at a stand still. ugh.

Have been having a hard time getting to the gym & so I borrowed my mom's treadmill. eating less, much less, was just doing nothing for me at all. I track all my food & have been under in calories. The Dr's office says you should be losing 1-2 lbs a week.

Today I had a muscle milk for breakfast

2 strips of bacon & 2 eggs for lunch

cashews for snack

dinner will be fish & broccoli

muscle milk for late snack

I try to walk about 1 hr a day on the treadmill at a quick pace

Any suggestions?

Okay here is MY OPINION...I am not a medical professional BUT I wanted to share my opinion. First off, My doctor says to only eat when you are hungry. If you are not REALLY hungry all those times a day...don't eat. Also my doctor and his staff (nurses who have had WLS) suggest doing Atkins. Might be something worth trying. Also could it be that you need to spice things up? Maybe your body is in a rut. I know if I eat a certain type of food to often and do the same exercises a ton that my body goes "eh this is nothing" So maybe try taking a class at your local gym to spice things up. Another thing that was suggested to me is to not eat after 7pm at night. The food basically just sits there. You normally are far less active after that time at night. I hope you get the answer you are looking for. I have been there. You can get through this. Your body is just past the shock of not being able to eat so much so now its going to take that much more work to make it disappear. GOOD LUCK!!