Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best Protein Drink For Supplement? Opinions Please!

I was told I will need to supplement with Protein Drinks. I am just wondering what are some of the best drinks out there? Tastewise, moneywise, and amount of Protein. Opinions please!!

I saw a band patient YouTube diary on her weight loss and she said she used New whey Protein. They are on Amazon for $25 for 12 tubes. Each tube has 45g Protein. I bought a multi pack and so far, blue is good, orange is terrible in taste.

I had a full tube over a 1 hr period of time and felt achy. I googled aches and protein and articles say you can cramp, etc if you have low quality protein.

I haven't tried the powders or any other yet. I do drink Ensure High Protein shakes which have 25g protein. A shake and all or part of the New Whey is alone would be 70g.

If you have a costco near you, I have been using their Premier Protein chocolate shakes for almost a year now and have not grown tired of them. Which Protein Shake you like will be very individual though, I tasted their vanilla and could barely swallow it.

As Terry wisely stated, it's all a matter of opinion. Your best bet is to try different ones until you find one you like. The good news is, GNC will actually return your money if you don't like it and bring it back to them. It's a great way to try different ones without wasting a ton of cash.

Personally, I love the unjury chocolate Splendor. The only downfall is that you can only get it online.

Also note your body will absorb only a certain amount of Protein at a time. I think the number is 30-35 grams. So consuming something with more does not mean your body absorbed it.

Also note your body will absorb only a certain amount of Protein at a time. I think the number is 30-35 grams. So consuming something with more does not mean your body absorbed it.

There is a lot of variance on the accuracy of this. Especially on the body building site. They get as worked up over whether this is a true statement as we do over the best type of WLS. :D

My favorites are Premier Protein for pre made drinks and syntha 6 for powder. I also cannot stomach the premier vanilla! Only chocolate!

There is a lot of variance on the accuracy of this. Especially on the body building site. They get as worked up over whether this is a true statement as we do over the best type of WLS. :D

I didn't think it was a matter of opinion. I thought there were studies showing the body can only absorb so much in a certain amount if time.

(Oh how I wish I kept a log of things I had looked up)

I didn't think it was a matter of opinion. I thought there were studies showing the body can only absorb so much in a certain amount if time.

(Oh how I wish I kept a log of things I had looked up)

"Regarding how much Protein can be digested and absorbed in the intestine at one time, there really is no maximum amount. However, the body will only use what it needs – 0.75 grams per pound of weight for a body builder."

http://answers.webmd.com/answers/2018665/how-many-grams-of-protein-can-the-body-digest-and-use-at-a-time

i use whey extreme from Walmart

28 grams per scoop (+ milk protein)..

i spend 14.99 per tub in chocolate....delicious

i have 1 a day at least.....sometimes 2......its just good

I am so relieved to know I'm not the only one who thinks the Premier vanilla flavor is nah-stay!! lol.

I am so relieved to know I'm not the only one who thinks the Premier vanilla flavor is nah-stay!! lol.

Yeah, I mixed it with fruit in my nutri bullet just to get rid of it!

That's good to know. I wasn't aware. :)

You know, I wasn't given a choice when I went to my last nutritional meeting, they gave me a prescription to go to the hospital pharmacy and buy Optifast. The only choice I had is how many vanilla and how many chocolate shakes. So I chose 20 chocolate and 10 vanilla. I could also choose Tomato or chicken Soup. I chose chicken. ALL I CAN SAY IS I AM GLAD I DON'T NEED TO BE ON THEM FOR MORE THAN TEN DAYS. :wacko:

It really is doable, but only because I know if I didn't I would not be able to have the surgery. My doctor told me that he can tell as soon as he cuts, if I have been eating or not. Something about the inside of the skin.... who know...I am just not going to chance it.

Now if you are given a choice, then I have heard where Slim Fast isn't so bad..... again I don't know for sure, as I think through out my years of dieting and trying it all, I have tried it, but don't remember how it tastes.

I hope this help you...good luck with the presurgery diet!!

Hugs,

EVH

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I'm going to look around at all of those brands and prices. I will stay away from premier vanilla though lol.