Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe I can get some help from the veterans :) I'm almost 9 weeks out and I'm vomiting orange Fluid, no food when I do eat, just orange fluid. At almost 8 weeks I was hospitalized with bad chest/abdominal pain, 102.2 fever and my white blood cell count was elevated. They did CAT scans and esophogram and saw liquid outside my stomach the first day I was in the hospital then day 5 they did the tests again and saw nothing. My doctor has no idea what it is and now I'm vomiting again. I know I have to call my doc but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this :(

I'm neither a veteran nor a doctor but I think you should go to the ER right away.

I think you have a leak. I would definately see your surgeon right away.

I'm not sure why the Dr's you are seeing are saying they don't know what is going on. If you have liquid outside the stomach, that is most likely a leak. Not trying to scare you but please see someone ASAP.

God Bless honey!

When I went to the hospital I saw my surgeon and I think he doesn't want to say its a leak because he says after 6 weeks you're healed and I am passed 6 weeks. I'm thinking of going to another surgeon for a second opinion because at almost 10 weeks out I shouldn't be only on liquids and feeling like this :(

When I went to the hospital I saw my surgeon and I think he doesn't want to say its a leak because he says after 6 weeks you're healed and I am passed 6 weeks. I'm thinking of going to another surgeon for a second opinion because at almost 10 weeks out I shouldn't be only on liquids and feeling like this :(

Oh my goodness! No, you can definately have a leak even a year out. Not likely that far out but you can. I've read of a couple. You are mostly safe after 6 to nine months. You must go to the ER if you are still having fever. Do you hurt in your shoulder or anywhere on your right side? I worry about this for you. I so don't want to scare you but this is something that has to have immediate attention.

Get another opinion. This is your life and people have died from WLS complications. You should never be vomiting from VGS.. It's a sign of something wrong.

If your doctor doesn't know what is wrong, it is highly unlikely that a bunch of strangers on the internet are going to figure it out. Please go to the ER or get another opinion.

No fever just the vomiting. Calling my surgeon tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help, I wasn't looking to not get this taken care of, was wondering if anyone knew of similar situations considering my surgeon could give me no answers. :)

No fever just the vomiting. Calling my surgeon tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help, I wasn't looking to not get this taken care of, was wondering if anyone knew of similar situations considering my surgeon could give me no answers. :)

It is ok Nickie. That is what this forum is here for! ASK away! We may not be able to answer you correctly but I will try to help! I do think you should see someone. I'm happy you don't have a fever. When I was talking about a leak, I thought you still had your fever. It is a very good sign you don't.

Good luck and let me know how you are doing! I will follow this post and don't you think you can't come here and ask questions because you can!

May be gallbladder? Have they checked that out?

I hope you'll get back to use and let us know if you were able to find out anything.

Take care. I hope your ER visit is productive and you get back on track and feeling better really soon.