Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's Your Favorite Store Now?

So I have coworker who is quite lovely, but since she lost a lot of weight she sometimes forgets to wear pants to work. Today was one of those days, and it occurred to me while we were engaging in a fan vs. space heater battle that she has no idea where or how to shop for her new body...and that I probably won't either!

I've been shopping in plus size stores or online as far back as I can remember and don't even know what's out there. If you've gotten out of the "plus" world, what are your favorite stores? If you haven't, is there someplace in particular that you're itching to be able to shop at?

Thanks! I've never heard of Free People before. Off to google... :)

Any small, trendy boutique. Always so surprised that I can actually wear things in those places. I do have to get over the feeling that I am "just passing for normal." Yes, I do have the right to shop in cute, trendy boutiques (because I am good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me).

I was told by my hubby that I can shop anywhere I want now..He told me that when I bought a size large leather jacket yesterday and it fit like it was made for me....

I stared at him and felt a panic well up inside of my chest and stomach....I have been shopping at Pennington's for a life time..Always felt safe there...Paid dearly for the clothes and rarely liked them...But that was all there was....Now the woman who hates shopping can shop anywhere...Oh no.......

What am I to do!!!???

So I have coworker who is quite lovely, but since she lost a lot of weight she sometimes forgets to wear pants to work. Today was one of those days, and it occurred to me while we were engaging in a fan vs. space heater battle that she has no idea where or how to shop for her new body...and that I probably won't either!

The pant-less comment cracked me up :)

Today I walked into Old Navy & bought a size XL sweater, which felt great. I'm just starting to transition into "regular" sizes, but I find myself sticking to what I know. I've ordered from Old Navy online (the plus stuff is only online), so I kind of know what to expect. I re-ordered some of my favorite pieces in size M & size L from my favorite plus size retailer like a mad woman before my frequent shopper club membership expired last week. I knew I wouldn't need to shop there anymore, but their stuff is familiar to me, so I bought replacements for some of my go-to basic pieces. I haven't been brave enough yet to go beyond Old Navy, but I'm looking forward to it!

I decided to spend some time on Pinterest finding "looks" I love. That's helped me a lot. I'm an hourglass and learning how to dress for my body when I get to goal was a lesson I needed to get started on. I can't see myself ever shopping at forever21 or some "kids" store :P but I tend to dress in classics which all large stores will carry. Of course right now my everyday clothes are jeans and t-shirts from Walmart and target because they're getting big so quickly. But my point is, for me what I need help on is the style not so much the location.

Pinterest clothes shopping is a great crossover addiction that's actually guilt free! :)

Belks and kohls....lots of warm fuzzy winter stuff in normal sizes and good sales. I went to Belks the weekend before last and tried on a zillion things not expecting 1/2 to fit....they all fit, a few were too big, had to do some soul searching to decide what I liked the most. It was overwhelming ;D

Shopping has been a little challenging for me! I must admit that I now find shopping for clothes a little overwhelming! I was so used to going to the plus-sized corner at Macy's or Nordstrom, or shopping online...so to have all these CHOICES is bananas! It's a little disconcerting sometimes, and I'm the one who used to always complain about ugly plus-size clothes, the lack of variety, etc.

It's a great problem to have, though. Lately I've been hitting Macy's, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, Zara, J. Crew, Talbots, H&M, and I still love Land's End online, too.

Shopping has been a little challenging for me! I must admit that I now find shopping for clothes a little overwhelming! I was so used to going to the plus-sized corner at Macy's or Nordstrom, or shopping online...so to have all these CHOICES is bananas! It's a little disconcerting sometimes, and I'm the one who used to always complain about ugly plus-size clothes, the lack of variety, etc. It's a great problem to have, though. Lately I've been hitting Macy's, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, Zara, J. Crew, Talbots, H&M, and I still love Land's End online, too.

the first time I went shopping I bought nothing and left bawling :D. OVERWHELMED!!!!!!

Shopping has been a little challenging for me! I must admit that I now find shopping for clothes a little overwhelming! I was so used to going to the plus-sized corner at Macy's or Nordstrom, or shopping online...so to have all these CHOICES is bananas! It's a little disconcerting sometimes, and I'm the one who used to always complain about ugly plus-size clothes, the lack of variety, etc. It's a great problem to have, though. Lately I've been hitting Macy's, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, Zara, J. Crew, Talbots, H&M, and I still love Land's End online, too.

the first time I went shopping I bought nothing and left bawling :D. OVERWHELMED!!!!!!

Now that is just sad!!!!!! :o

Now that is just sad!!!!!! :o

its was horrible :D nothing fit right, I was saggy in weird places, it was just bad...my 9 year old son thought I'd lost my mind :D

Today I walked into Old Navy & bought a size XL sweater, which felt great. I'm just starting to transition into "regular" sizes, but I find myself sticking to what I know. I've ordered from Old Navy online (the plus stuff is only online), so I kind of know what to expect. I re-ordered some of my favorite pieces in size M & size L from my favorite plus size retailer like a mad woman before my frequent shopper club membership expired last week. I knew I wouldn't need to shop there anymore, but their stuff is familiar to me, so I bought replacements for some of my go-to basic pieces. I haven't been brave enough yet to go beyond Old Navy, but I'm looking forward to it!

My first time shopping after surgery and losing a little weight was the gap... I was so flipping happy to fit into their largest size jeans!! Funny.. I remember it like it was yesterday..