Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pissed Off Husband

Sending healthy happy thoughts to you! I am only 10 days out and this is all about finally doing what we need to do for our selfs for a change! It takes so much time, thought and tenderness and if he's gonna be a poop .. Tell him to go lay in the yard!!! For better or worse... Well you are getting better! Keep one foot in front of the other...

home from surgery center...surgery went well, One question is I have been having been going to the bathroom "loose Stools" after every shake is that normal? and stomach cramps?

home from surgery center...surgery went well, One question is I have been having been going to the bathroom "loose Stools" after every shake is that normal? and stomach cramps?

hi Goldy, I don't have the bypass, so I'm no expert, but it may be the Lactose. The only Protein shake I could tolerate well right after surgery was the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. It has less lactose than most.

Glad surgery went well and you are home.

Lynda

No solid food means no solid stools. They will firm up as you add food back into your diet.

OH, thanks that sounds right......

No solid food means no solid stools. They will firm up as you add food back into your diet.

thanks for the kind words, I had my post op today doctor thinks I am doing. I just feel so OVERWHELMED and EMOTIONAL...I am a ball of tears, doctor said to expect some hormonal changes the first few weeks.....UGH. What a rollercoaster....

thanks for the kind words, I had my post op today doctor thinks I am doing. I just feel so OVERWHELMED and EMOTIONAL...I am a ball of tears, doctor said to expect some hormonal changes the first few weeks.....UGH. What a rollercoaster....

You have been through so much. I often think of you and how you are. I'm going through the same terrible GERD issues and very PAINFUL spasms. Did the surgery work for your GERD. Does that feel better? My surgeon is pushing me to do this RNY and I'm fighting it.

Hope you feel better and are on your way to a 100 percent recovery.

I am 2 weeks post op, from the RNY, Heartburn is gone, I have not thrown up once. I have had some nausea, doctor said that is normal. I am still up in the air as to if I have done the right thing or not. I am still an emotional rollercoaster. best of luck with what you decide to do. My Doctor is very Happy even though I am still Losing weight......

You have been through so much. I often think of you and how you are. I'm going through the same terrible GERD issues and very PAINFUL spasms. Did the surgery work for your GERD. Does that feel better? My surgeon is pushing me to do this RNY and I'm fighting it.

Hope you feel better and are on your way to a 100 percent recovery.

I'm new here and have just read this thread. I'm sorry to hear you've had these issues. I do hope your medical challenges continue to resolve.

I admire your courage. :)

Ann

I just came across your post & was wondering how your doing? I hope all is well & your feeling better. When I heard what your husband said two things ran through my mind 1) he sounds just like my husband & 2) he's just frustrated if he is like my husband he likes things to stay they way they are, I don't really know how to put it, my husband is very supportive of my decision & proud of all the weight I've lost (142lb),but on the flip did she gets crazy on me that I'm going to leave & starts a fight or complains when I get laid up (I also have Chronic Rheumatoid Arthritis&fibromyalgia I'm on some heavy duty pain killers every day) any way I didn't mean to talk about myself. Just wanted to check on you.

Well major set backs, I was readmitted to the hospital on Saturday afternoon Dec 7th and just released this afternoon Dec 11th.. I was admitted for Low and static BP, dehydration. Once I was in they found out I was low on potassium, magnesium, Iron, and Protein. I also had low blood sugar. So Basically I felt like a Pile of SHIT.

As of today they had everything stabilized and sent me home with lots of meds. I am still pretty weak, and somewhat dizzy but much better than I was this weekend.

Goldy girl: sorry to hear of your set backs! Glad your back on the mend again..I am riding that same issue.. Just so hard to get the needed nutrition and fluids in .. Waiting for my labs back ( I am 3.5 weeks post op ( Rny) and hoping my dehyration is not also a trip in for some IV fluids..... Not uncommon my team tells me ;-(

I am out doing things for about 3-7 hours a day but my energy level screams too much! Lol. My BP after getting home from shopping today was 74/47! Back to elevating legs and bottled spring water! Dr says not tap water.... Huh?? Feel stronger soon.. Drink drink drink right?

<p>Sorry for your situation, but please clean up your language. We don't need that here.</p>

I have seen you use foul language and say so many hurtful and negative things to people on this site that they don't "need". Your negativity is unwanted here.

GoldyGirl, I am 67. I was not offended by you repeating what your husband said to you in anger, and your need to seek some emotional support here from people who have a heart.

I would like to say I have learned a lot in my years, and I implore you to get your backbone up and stand tall. You will beat these problems. Maybe you can seek out a counselor to talk to because you need someone to sit down and listen to you after your surgery. We all have made mistakes in our lives, no one is perfect. The New Year will come, and you will have a new lease on life, and will be able to get yourself healthy and happy.

God Bless you girl, you will be fine. Don't EVER let anyone make you feel less of a woman. Find a friend to help when you can, and most importantly, pray. There is happiness ahead. Focus. Merry Christmas.

I found and had my first session with a councilor, on Tuesday, and I will see here again this coming week. She told me to take it one day/ and sometime one hour at a time.... Little baby steps. Thanks for the kind words, and Merry Christmas to YOU too!!!

GoldyGirl, I am 67. I was not offended by you repeating what your husband said to you in anger, and your need to seek some emotional support here from people who have a heart.

I would like to say I have learned a lot in my years, and I implore you to get your backbone up and stand tall. You will beat these problems. Maybe you can seek out a counselor to talk to because you need someone to sit down and listen to you after your surgery. We all have made mistakes in our lives, no one is perfect. The New Year will come, and you will have a new lease on life, and will be able to get yourself healthy and happy.

God Bless you girl, you will be fine. Don't EVER let anyone make you feel less of a woman. Find a friend to help when you can, and most importantly, pray. There is happiness ahead. Focus. Merry Christmas.