Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Go From Flabby To Fab After Weight Loss?

Guest imperfect1974

Guest imperfect1974

I have lost 150 pounds and even tho I feel great I still hate seeing myself naked - LOL Im very flabby from extra skin and I want to know if there is any hope for my toning w/out doing any more surgeries???????? My arms and thighs and tummy are just extra skin...............Im down to 150 but will never be seen in a swimsuit until I figure this out :(

It does take a while for body to recover. A lot depends on how much how long and how old. There are those with more experience than me on this

Unfortunately, if you have the excess skin, it's there unless you have it surgically removed. You can tone muscles but if the skin didn't shrink as you were losing it's not going to after.

I've lost over 230 pounds and had over 12 pounds of skin removed from my tummy this past spring. My upper arms, legs, and butt still look like a Shar Pei when naked because of all the excess skin. Believe me, I totally feel your pain.

But here's how I look at it- I can easily hide the excess skin under clothes and still look good. There was no hiding over 230 pounds of fat. I'll take the excess skin over the fat any day.

Hang in there :)

I know how you feel too. I put my dog through obstacle course training several weeks back and had to run beside her. I could feel my whole body jiggling. And talk about man boobs!! :(

I know how you feel too. I put my dog through obstacle course training several weeks back and had to run beside her. I could feel my whole body jiggling. And talk about man boobs!! :(

Oh I gave up on running or jogging because I feel like I need a full body bra to contain all the jiggling lol. It's not pretty!

Sorry babe, but excessive skin has to be removed surgically. I feel your pain, I just underwent 4 cosmetic surgeries to reveal the new me.

In the interim, wearing things like body shapers can really help transform your figure underneath clothing if you are not already doing that.

As mentioned, toning muscles will help slightly because it'll fill in some of the dead space. But unless you are putting on 150 lbs of muscle, the results will more than likely be subtle.

Unfortunately what you see is what you get in the end. Some cope with it, just relieved to have lost the fat. Others are not satisfied because the skin makes you feel and look heavier than you are creating a never ending desire to get/look better. And than others address it surgically.

Check w/ your insurance company to see if they cover any form of CS if you are interested in that route. Otherwise invest in Spanx :)

Sorry babe, but excessive skin has to be removed surgically. I feel your pain, I just underwent 4 cosmetic surgeries to reveal the new me.

In the interim, wearing things like body shapers can really help transform your figure underneath clothing if you are not already doing that.

As mentioned, toning muscles will help slightly because it'll fill in some of the dead space. But unless you are putting on 150 lbs of muscle, the results will more than likely be subtle.

Unfortunately what you see is what you get in the end. Some cope with it, just relieved to have lost the fat. Others are not satisfied because the skin makes you feel and look heavier than you are creating a never ending desire to get/look better. And than others address it surgically.

Check w/ your insurance company to see if they cover any form of CS if you are interested in that route. Otherwise invest in Spanx :)

Hazelsbliss,

Did you do the Tummy Tuck, arm lift, and breast lift augmentation all in one surgery? I was wondering what's the recup time for something that intense? Was the pain level also super intense? Curious about how that goes.

R