Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well after a slip on mothers day, total unfill, numerous panic & anxiety attacks, a couple ER visits, and the discovery of a medium sized hiatal hernia, I've decided to have my band removed in Dec. i was banded Dec 2006 with the old 4cc band. Since my slip I've been taking 4 prilosec a day and been prescribed prozac to help control the anxiety. Even now with a complete unfill I am getting stuck on things like butternut squash. Every now and then I'll experience a nice esophageal spasm which leaves me with a golfball type feeling in my throat for the rest of the day. I'm tired of dealing with it- its been very emotionally draining. I am not able to get the correct amount of nutrients I need either, I've been put on Iron pills as well. Its not worth it anymore to me. I will not have another WL surgery- I choose to rely on what I've learned in the past 7yrs. I miss being able to eat raw veggies like carrot sticks, celery, @ cauliflower. Sorry this is so long, its time I got this all out and of my chest. :)

Well after a slip on mothers day, total unfill, numerous panic & anxiety attacks, a couple ER visits, and the discovery of a medium sized hiatal hernia, I've decided to have my band removed in Dec. i was banded Dec 2006 with the old 4cc band. Since my slip I've been taking 4 prilosec a day and been prescribed prozac to help control the anxiety. Even now with a complete unfill I am getting stuck on things like butternut squash. Every now and then I'll experience a nice esophageal spasm which leaves me with a golfball type feeling in my throat for the rest of the day. I'm tired of dealing with it- its been very emotionally draining. I am not able to get the correct amount of nutrients I need either, I've been put on Iron pills as well. Its not worth it anymore to me. I will not have another WL surgery- I choose to rely on what I've learned in the past 7yrs. I miss being able to eat raw veggies like carrot sticks, celery, @ cauliflower. Sorry this is so long, its time I got this all out and off my chest. :)

Has your Surgeon discussed other options, such as the sleeve??

No talk about the sleeve. I think with my history of acid reflux it wouldnt be such a good idea. Im to the point now where i just want this out and done with lol. Dont think i could deal with anything new right now lol

No talk about the sleeve. I think with my history of acid reflux it wouldnt be such a good idea. Im to the point now where i just want this out and done with lol. Dont think i could deal with anything new right now lol

I'm a sleeve patient (looks like we've been thrown together for awhile) and I completely understand,

I too will not convert (to a bypass) if this doesn't work for one reason or another.

You look as though you have lost all of your weight and kept it off? I think you are right, none of these surgeries are a miracle or a cure. You HAVE to put the hard work in too. I think you've done that and will have an awesome chance of success post band too :)

HI!

I'm sorry you've gone thru the wringer with all that has happened.

I'm sure you've learned quite a bit during the last few years plus you've lost weight and are in an entirely different space going into this.

I had my band out in September and am continuing to lose weight (much to my surprise).

I bet you find yourself doing just fine without the band.

The Lap Band is a great tool while it's working. But if it needs to come out, it's such a relief that that is possible.

My band came out easily. The op report noted a few adhesions they dealt with. My recovery was easier than when I had the band placed, so I hope your experience is as easy as mine was.

Good for you for knowing you can rely on what you've learned these past years with the Band -- trust yourself and continue your journey!

I love feeling good again! And you will too :)

You're almost there!

~hiddn

I have had my band since 2009 and started having a lot of complications with it in 2012 so I am having the revision to Sleeve on 11/27/13. I have heard a lot of people say they had to have a hernia repair what is the causes of getting a hernia with the band? For the last month I have had swollen, pinching, stabbing, and pulling feeling around my port area when I move or bend a curtain way. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Hi Annette, best wishes for a speedy recovery and relief!

I have had my band since 2009 and started having a lot of complications with it in 2012 so I am having the revision to Sleeve on 11/27/13. I have heard a lot of people say they had to have a hernia repair what is the causes of getting a hernia with the band? For the last month I have had swollen, pinching, stabbing, and pulling feeling around my port area when I move or bend a curtain way. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Hiatal hernias are fairly common with or without the band. My surgeon repaired mine when he put my band in. As for your symptoms, I would definitely check with your Dr. on the pain, it could simply be scar tissue, but your health is too important to risk.

Had my band placed in 2010 and started having problems in July of 2012. Blamed myself, but finally went to my WLS. Multiple tests etc., Went in for repair with possible removal in July 2012. Large hiatel hernia repaired and band left in, though multiple adhesions noted. I was warned that this might not resolve the problem. I had one good month and then the problems were back even with no fill. So now I can't eat before noon at the earliest and usually have my one quasi-meal around midnite. Acid refluxing, getting blocked on a single bite of (fill in the blank) - I've had it. Mine band is bye-bye next month!

(Need a laugh - read my blog - Ravenclaw779)