Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery July 1st.

A leak found July 5th.

20 days in the hospital.

4.5-7 weeks post op: home with a PICC, drain, home health nurse, CT's once a week.

7 weeks post op: everything came out and my leak was closed.

9 weeks post op: thrush so bad my throat and stomach swelled shut.

10 weeks post op: stricture found & dilated.

10-16 weeks post op: 5 dilutions to open my stricture.

16 weeks post op: return of left side/shoulder pain, convince surgeon I need a CT.

17 weeks post op: wait on CT preauth.

And now here I sit 18 weeks post op and my 2nd leak was found on. Monday when I finally had my CT.

Has anyone ever had a 2nd leak/one that reopened? What was the plan for treatment?

post-169155-0-92641500-1383949267_thumb.jpg

I had surgery July 1st. A leak found July 5th. 20 days in the hospital. 4.5-7 weeks post op: home with a PICC, drain, home health nurse, CT's once a week. 7 weeks post op: everything came out and my leak was closed. 9 weeks post op: thrush so bad my throat and stomach swelled shut. 10 weeks post op: stricture found & dilated. 10-16 weeks post op: 5 dilutions to open my stricture. 16 weeks post op: return of left side/shoulder pain, convince surgeon I need a CT. 17 weeks post op: wait on CT preauth. And now here I sit 18 weeks post op and my 2nd leak was found on. Monday when I finally had my CT. Has anyone ever had a 2nd leak/one that reopened? What was the plan for treatment?

I am still pre-op but just wanted to say that I'm sorry you've had to go through all of that. You are a strong person! If it's any consolation your weight is really coming off. Hope things get better soon and permanently!

I had surgery July 1st. A leak found July 5th. 20 days in the hospital. 4.5-7 weeks post op: home with a PICC, drain, home health nurse, CT's once a week. 7 weeks post op: everything came out and my leak was closed. 9 weeks post op: thrush so bad my throat and stomach swelled shut. 10 weeks post op: stricture found & dilated. 10-16 weeks post op: 5 dilutions to open my stricture. 16 weeks post op: return of left side/shoulder pain, convince surgeon I need a CT. 17 weeks post op: wait on CT preauth. And now here I sit 18 weeks post op and my 2nd leak was found on. Monday when I finally had my CT. Has anyone ever had a 2nd leak/one that reopened? What was the plan for treatment?

Damn you can have a leak that far out?? Whos your Dr?

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your difficulties. I honestly don't believe I have any recollection of anyone having two leaks. I hope you are able to get everything straightened out quickly.

Wow! 2 leaks and the second one at 18 weeks post op! I hope this one closes quickly and you can move on with your life! Please keep us posted!

Damn you can have a leak that far out?? Whos your Dr?

Yes indeed you can, dilation increases those risks and so does a prior leak.

I am still pre-op but just wanted to say that I'm sorry you've had to go through all of that. You are a strong person! If it's any consolation your weight is really coming off. Hope things get better soon and permanently!

It's not.. At least pre op my only "health problem" was my weigh.

So sorry to hear you're going through this. Hang in there.

How are you feeling? I hope your health issues resolve soon. You are in my prayers.

wow that's aweful! We were sleeved on the same day and I remember you posting about the 1st leak. I really can't imagine what you must be going through. I will say a prayer for you and hope that this is smooth sailing after this. You certainly deserve a break from this and time to heal.

Getting a leak was my worst fear after my surgery July 16th. I was so scared of even eating Jello, cuz it was too solid I thought it would cause a leak. Didn't cheat once on my 4 week liquid diet cuz I was too scared (cheated the 2nd week after my lapband surgery). Every little pain I was convinced was a leak. Ended up in the ER on day 5 due to a bad med reaction, thought it was a leak. Thank God I had no complications.

I wish u the very best and hope things start to get better for u.

Getting a leak was my worst fear after my surgery July 16th. I was so scared of even eating Jello, cuz it was too solid I thought it would cause a leak. Didn't cheat once on my 4 week liquid diet cuz I was too scared (cheated the 2nd week after my lapband surgery). Every little pain I was convinced was a leak. Ended up in the ER on day 5 due to a bad med reaction, thought it was a leak. Thank God I had no complications.

I wish u the very best and hope things start to get better for u.

I did everything as required... Still ended up here, in hell.

I am so sorry and so scared I am scheduled for next week.

OH my goodness. This is the first time I've read this thread. So sorry you had to go through this. How are you doing? I hope you are better!!

I'm 19 months out and leaks can happen even up to 1 year. It is rare but it does happen. There was a gentle that took NSAIDS and drank alcohol and ended up with a leak at one year. We just have to be so careful and do everything the Dr's say but sometimes like in your case you did everything right and still ended up in HELL as you said.

Praying for you and I hope you are doing better.

Oh dear Lord! Who was your surgeon? I'm so sorry to hear you've gone through all this. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers kiddo!