Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Dr. Gadaleta in great neck, ny?

Hi all..I'm having surgery with Dr.Gadaleta on nov 19th and would love to hear from anyone that has used him for their surgery!!:)

I used him!!! My anni is 6/26. I actually have not been on in weeks. I had an amazing experience. You can private message me if u want or we can text!! U must be so excited

Hi:) thanks so much for messaging me! My email is givernslove@yahoo.com when u email me I will give u my cell #! I'm so happy u had a great experience! Your only the 2nd person I have met online thats used gadaleta!:)

just e-mailed u!!

I'm using him. Surgery Dec 19th. So far so good.

Hi:) wow that's amazing! I'm Nov 19th! I'm excited but nervous!!!! I've heard nothing but good things about gadaleta!!!

I Also had surgery with him récently 8/8/13... To be honest i had a great experience, no complaints. Him and his team are wonderful!

Thank u for posting!!!! It is a huge comfort to know that I've chosen the right surgeon!!! Have u had any complications? Nausea or vomiting?

Just the first day I had some nausea and I did vomit but right away his team made sure I had all the tests done and I was fine ever since then. I haven't puked nor been with nausea. I have to thank the doc and God Ofcourse because I had a great recovery I didn't even need pain medicine which I heard makes your recovery longer, I'm quite sure how true it is but that's what I read just can't remember where. Good luck! And yes he is a great n very well experienced surgeon. Any questions let me know :)

Thank u for sharing your experience! I'm curious did gadaleta give you a diet to follow post op or did u just use what your nutritionist gave you to follow? I have my pre surgery testing nov.11th at lij!

I followed my nutritionists diet

I had my surgery with Dr. Gadaleta in March of 2013. I think he is a wonderful surgeon and I have every confidence in his skill as a surgeon however I think his bedside manner needs a lot of improvement. I have follow up appointments every 3 months and I know he is pleased with my weight loss but its like pulling teeth to get a compliment out of him. On both my 6 month and 9 month appointments he told me how many pounds "overwieght" I still am. Way to turn a positive into a negative. I just walked out of his office shaking my head. I walked in so proud of how well I was doing. According to him I will not be "overweight" when I reach the weight of my 12 year old son which is 110 pounds. He wants you stay at 800 calories a day despite the fact that I am running 3 miles a day 3 days per week, and working out with weight 2 x per week. He also makes me feel rushed and does all the talking not really giving me a chance at questions.

Now his staff is great. My favorite was Yvonne who worked there for years and ran monthly support meetings but when I was there for my 6 month follow up she told me she was moving on to a new job. Carol who works with Yvonne is not nearly as nice or friendly. The rest of the staff is great.

In summary, he is skilled and I had confidence in him as a surgeon but am so glad I found this website to turn to for support and good advice.

Hi scarlet333, I had a great experience with gadaleta and my surgery went great! I know what u mean about bedside manner but honestly most great surgeons do not have the bedside manner to match! That has been my experience as an Rn. ..He definitely does not sugar coat anything with me and is very honest so I like that..He wants you to lose the most possible weight in the first year because after that your sleeve begins to stretch naturally and your weight loss will slow down significantly so I think that is why he is so brutally honest about his expectations for your weight loss! I'm down about 32 lbs in 5 wks and my surgery was 11/19/13!:)

Congratulations on your surgery and great success. I agree with you about great surgeons and bedside manner. You would think that someone would have clued him in along the way that pointing out how fat or overweight you still are might not be the best motivator. I have already experienced a slow down in weight loss. As you can see from my ticker I am close to my goal which would put me at a normal bmi although not the 110. I know he means well I just feel like a little kid bringing home there report card with all 95's and the parent saying gee you still have to get 5 more points to be a 100. I know he is not my parent and I shouldn;t look to him for validation. That's why I love this website. Good luck and keep me posted as time goes by. I joined some exercise and weight loss challenges on this site and find them very motivational. Can't wait for my 1 year check with Dr. G!

Had my surgery with Dr Gadaleta last week. He was great and his team was great. I work at the hospital in which I had my surgery and I have to say I received the five star treatment. Everything was spectacular. First couple of days were rough then got tremendously better. Not feeling that well today but I think it is because my menstrual came on out of the blue after six months. Have my one week check up tomorrow!