Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone used Kim Bariatric Institute in Colleyville Tx? If so how was your experience?
I used Dr. Kim! I had my surgery on August 20th and I have nothing but great things to say! The staff was always very nice to me at every appointment! You don't see Dr. Kim a whole lot, but he came and seen me right before surgery and right after surgery! He's a very busy man:). I had no problems at all, back to work in 2 weeks, and I'm down 38lbs in 2 months! Hope I helped some:) good luck to you!!

I also used Dr. Kim. He and his staff are very professional and thorough. I was sleeved Aug. 5th and I am doing great!

I too had my sleeve done by Dr Kim & I'm beyond pleased!!!

Dr Kim did my surgeryJan 2012 and I have lost a little over 90lbs. I still want to loose 50 to get to goal but I am very proud of myself for how far I have gotten. I would not have been able to do it without Dr Kim. I chose him because I had seen his face on billboards and commericals. He seemed well known and knew what he was doing. That was just the case, I trusted him from the minute I met him. He is very nice and spent a lot of time with my on my consultation. I went to many prep classes in the office which were very helpful! The office staff is amazing! They are so helpful and encouraging! I can do zumba, jog, bike ride all at ease now and I have even zip lined!! Im loving living life again and Im glad I chose Dr Kim as my Bariatric surgeon!

I am going through pre-op with Dr. Kim's office and I have been impressed so far. I had a thorough consultation with him, Summar (coordinator) has answered every insurance/paperwork question I've had. Busy office, but I don't feel like I am getting lost in the shuffle.

That's great vsgchick! Welcome to the journey! how long doesn your insurance require you to wait before the surgery?

That's great vsgchick! Welcome to the journey! how long doesn your insurance require you to wait before the surgery?

Cigna requires 3 months of nutrition classes. My last one is in mid-August, but I am postponing vsg until November (getting married in October). Summar told me to enjoy the wedding cake and honeymoon then surgery lol.

Congratulations vsgchick on your upcoming WLS and your wedding! I too am a very happy patient of Dr. Kim He performed my gastric sleeve in 2011 and Ive lost 100 lbs! Hope you will join us at some upcoming monthly support group meeting held at KBI

Congratulations vsgchick on your upcoming WLS and your wedding! I too am a very happy patient of Dr. Kim He performed my gastric sleeve in 2011 and Ive lost 100 lbs! Hope you will join us at some upcoming monthly support group meeting held at KBI

Thank you! Congrats on 100 lbs gone forever. :) If I get out of work on time, I plan to attend this week's meeting!

I was sleeved by Dr Kim in Sept 2011!

I have lost 100 lbs from my highest weight!

I am very pleased with him! He is an amazing man and his staff is wonderful

I was very blessed to have him as my Dr

My surgery is scheduled Dec 1st with Dr Kim. I'm excited and nervous.

So excited for you!!! I have been so happy with my decision to have the sleeve!! Do you have a date yet for your bariatric university class?

I so excited for you CrystalSleeve, you will not regret it for one minute, you will be in the best of hands, and the staff is great. When do you start your liquids if you havent already?? Best of luck to you, you are on your way to healthy!!!

I'm scheduled for my preop visit and Bariatric University class Nov 11th. What should i expect from this class or rather what did you find most helpful? I have been on liquids since 7/11. I had to lose 26 lbs before I was allowed to proceed with any of the other tests. So it will be about 4 months on liquids by the time surgery is here. I'm down 50 lbs so far. It's weird because one I got my date at the two month mark I was a little defeated. I thought about two more months on liquids and got down. For some reason I began having fears of losing to much weight before my surgery. Like that somehow meant I didn't need the surgery or something. I don't know it's hard to put my finger on it. Has anyone else gone through anything like this?