Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I'm losing weight and I am better off but I'm so impatient for the weight to go! Even worse, I was banded in 2009 and had no aftercare until I moved back home and found a new surgeon about 3 months ago. I restarted at my preband weight. I have lost 30 pounds but I really thought I would lose faster with finally getting my fills. I have had this dormant band for so long I just wanted it to work like magic instead of working out 5 days a week and skipping sweets. I know its illogical and I REALLY understand how much work weight loss is even with the band now, but I am so frustrated. Just venting really. Blah.

I feel the same way... But then I step back and see the whole Picture, I didnt gain all this weight over night.

It gets depressing, and you want to just fast forward to the end of the journey. We live in the world of instant gratification.

The skipping sweets part? Not sure what you mean by that? If you feel you need a candy bar, or piece of cake, have it. Just one serving size. Having one didnt make us this way.. eating an entire bag of halloween candy did, or a piece of cake and going back for 2nds.,

I find if i need to eat something sweet Planters Cocoa Almonds, they are amazing, 24 pieces, is 160 calories..

You can do this, your strong and can.. And vent away... it feels good.. :)

-Debbi

I know I'm losing weight and I am better off but I'm so impatient for the weight to go! Even worse, I was banded in 2009 and had no aftercare until I moved back home and found a new surgeon about 3 months ago. I restarted at my preband weight. I have lost 30 pounds but I really thought I would lose faster with finally getting my fills. I have had this dormant band for so long I just wanted it to work like magic instead of working out 5 days a week and skipping sweets. I know its illogical and I REALLY understand how much work weight loss is even with the band now, but I am so frustrated. Just venting really. Blah.

hi, i know where you're coming from. but remember, you didnt gain weight overnight. even with the band, it's slow. the sleeve or bypass people do loose weight faster. but really, you want to loose weight slowly. approx 1-2 lbs a week. during this time, you should also be slowly changing your eating habits. which, i doubt sleeve or bypass patients actually do. i know a hand full of sleeve & bypass patients, and they didn't change their habits. and actually, i also know some band patients who haven't changed their habits. see, YOU have to change too. when the doc says no pop, that is exactly what it means. all the things they tell you to do, you have to do. it will come off. just slowly. and exercise is essential, if not key. sometimes you may hit a plateau. my NUT told me when i hit a plateau, to try Protein shakes for 4 days. nothing else but Protein Shakes. it worked. mind you, do not do it everyday. we are suppose to eat smaller amounts, and healthier. fish and chicken fill you more than beef does, plus you aren't as hungry later either. me personally, i cannot even tell you when the last time i've had pop. probably about 1 1/2 yrs now. and not going there again. i only drink Water. i've had one burger, since last october. and probably wont have another one. it just wasn't satisfying as i thought it would be. the longer, i stay away from the bad foods, i actually do not want them anymore. though, do have my vices, like chocolate, and when i have it, i don't loose. so i try to stay away from it.

the band lifestyle is work. hard work. it has tons of positive benefits along with that work along with being thinner. for me, its meant i am no longer on blood pressure medication, no longer on cholesterol medication, i am feeling 100% better. my goal for my 50th birthday was to get off medication and look better. my 50th birthday was last month, and i reached that goal. as for the looking good part, people say i do. though, i see i still need to loose more. but, i'm nearly halfway there. and i honestly do feel better. i'm not out of breath anymore - which is HUGE!

i don't know if this helps. but hopefully it does. remember it is a slow process. but it's rewards are HUGE!!

good luck, and don't give up. everyday, is a struggle for me. but it's within reach. plus, you have this website as support. you post, and someone replies. there are many thoughtful, caring and passionate people here who either have gone through what you have, or are going through it too. we are all in it together.

How are you doing?