Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 days post op and have pcos. I'm hoping the weight loss will help with fertility.

I'm 4 days post op and have pcos. I'm hoping the weight loss will help with fertility.

I hope so too Girly!

I really rather not have to try fertility meds again

One thing that I have noticed so far with me, is that I have been on the liquid pre-op diet since last Wednesday and I only have lost like 3lbs. I'm really concern that with the pcos the weight loss after surgery will be really slow! :(

One thing that I have noticed so far with me, is that I have been on the liquid pre-op diet since last Wednesday and I only have lost like 3lbs. I'm really concern that with the pcos the weight loss after surgery will be really slow! :(

It may or not be slow...but the good news is that it will come off. I don't let anything become an excuse to be a roadblock on my road to better health. As with most everyone who is overweight, we all have something that is an obstacle...high blood pressure, diabetes etc. but if you follow the plan set by your bariatric team, the weight will come off!!!

Thank you so much!! I really can't wait!

It may or not be slow...but the good news is that it will come off. I don't let anything become an excuse to be a roadblock on my road to better health. As with most everyone who is overweight, we all have something that is an obstacle...high blood pressure, diabetes etc. but if you follow the plan set by your bariatric team, the weight will come off!!!

Hi Ladies,

I as well have PCOS and have had a partial hysterectomy. I have one silly ovary hanging on. I was banded on November 4th. I am one week out. I have lost 14lbs so far. As far as PCOS goes I see some of you mentioned metformin. I did not do well on it either and switched to 2,000mg of cinnamon per day as well as a probiotic and that helped some with my symptoms. It may be worth a try??

I have been on my pre op diet for over a week now and I have only lost 3lbs. I wonder if the PCOS has something to do with that?

Hi ladies! I have PCOS and I am a month post op. I'm down 26.4 lbs so it can happen. I am really watching the carbs as my obgyn said that will help with the PCOS. Good luck to you all!!

I too feel like a chia pet almost everyday...That's my worst and most hated side effect of pcos...I hope the weight loss really helps. My doc says it will.

Hope this lifts some spirits...

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I failed at conceiving baby #2. Had to use fertility meds to conceive him. When we wanted #3 we used fertility meds and even IUI but never conceived. This was before the band. A year after the band hubs wanted to try again. Told him no meds, no interventions...just natural. We tried and conceived first time. I was 50 lbs lighter at that point (195#) opposed to my starting 250#.

Before my periods were every 2-5 months, now they are annoyingly regular (lol)

Give it a year of wl and get reevaluated. No harm in trying to conceive in the meantime (if you are trying). But the further you get from being obese the more balanced hormones become.

Good luck ladies