Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach getting larger

Hello everyone

I have a question for you : have you ever felt that your stomach got larger?

I feel i can eat more that the begining just wanted to get an opinion from someone else before i ask my doc

Thank you

I totally agree Jeff. It's nerve racking cause it shows that one could totally slip back if they chose to. I can eat way more now than I could back in the beginning. I imagine it makes sense really, all the healing is done, swellings gone. But it makes me nervous. And my surgeon is in Mexico so it's not like I can go get it checked out lol. Let me know what your surgeon says!

Well am in Canada and my surgeon is in europe :P hehe am going to write him and see. i ope its normal!! By the way i reached my 48 lb lost bos am so happy!

Well am in Canada and my surgeon is in europe :P hehe am going to write him and see. i ope its normal!! By the way i reached my 48 lb lost bos am so happy!

That's great for you Jeff! Good job! I am a fellow Canadian too!

I kinda agree with you guys. My capacity as compared to the earlier days post surgery has definitely increased. I can easily get down 8-10 oz. at a time if I eat very slowly. If I eat fast then i can take down only 5-7 pz. I don't know if it's too much or otherwise. Jun 14 will mark my first plication anniversary..;D have lost 48 lbs. and I feel great.

I kinda agree with you guys. My capacity as compared to the earlier days post surgery has definitely increased. I can easily get down 8-10 oz. at a time if I eat very slowly. If I eat fast then i can take down only 5-7 pz. I don't know if it's too much or otherwise. Jun 14 will mark my first plication anniversary..;D have lost 48 lbs. and I feel great.

That's fantastic! So are you at goal then? How is it a year out? Besides being able to eat more... Everything ok?

It's been a blessed journey so far. I had no issues with nausea, acidity or belching. I lost weight very inconsistently but kept losing. I am still 22lbs. away from my goal. My body has caught up with a tough platue and I am working on it. I think plication or any WLS can contribute only upto a certain point after that its up to us again. Still I am happy. My blood reports have come out normal although I don't take any medications or supplements. Incorporating yoga has truly been life changing as it resulted in building up great stamina. The only problem left is lots of loose skin hanging around.

It's been a blessed journey so far. I had no issues with nausea' date=' acidity or belching. I lost weight very inconsistently but kept losing. I am still 22lbs. away from my goal. My body has caught up with a tough platue and I am working on it. I think plication or any WLS can contribute only upto a certain point after that its up to us again. Still I am happy. My blood reports have come out normal although I don't take any medications or supplements. Incorporating yoga has truly been life changing as it resulted in building up great stamina. The only problem left is lots of loose skin hanging around.[/quote']

Good for you! That's great to hear! This forum is slow but I love updates from people so please pop in once in awhile;)

Am happy for you pranjala!! Thats great news i was affraid something went wrong inside.. One year so far you should be so happy :) i am 5 monthes post op and lost 47 and its kinda stable right now! I dont eat much thats why my weight droped fast ! I just need to lose 10 more then i will reach my goal :D life is so much better without those extra lbs! :)

Have a great day/eavening/night

Jeff

They say you will eat more after 6months you should be at a half a cup

I was told by my surgeon and nutritionist that when I am healed, and eating "normally" I should be able to eat 3-4 oz of dense meat, 1/4 cup of vegetables and 2 tbsp of a starch. I am just over two weeks post op, and down 25 pounds. The first week I could do 100 mls of a clear Fluid at a time, and this week about 150 mls, or two table spoons of a "denser" full fluid, like apple sauce. Today I move up to pureed and was told to expect to be able to get in about 2 tbsp to start, it sure is a huge change from what I used to eat :D

My doctor (Donald Waldrep in Thousand Oaks, CA) told me the cool thing about plication is that you can always add another fold down the road if you need more restriction.

At 16 month out I still only eat a cup per meal. I eat Protein first and then veggies. I measure, weigh and track everything on MFP. I don't ever want to slip back to my previous overweight habits. Take it slow. I know you can stretch your stomach, but if you follow the rules, you can stay on track. My doctor worried about protien intake first. I get between 60-70g protein a day. That's a goal. Now I can fit it a bite or two of veggies but that took a while. 1/2c seems about right for now! I'm hoping to be at a normal bmi by Christmas!