Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Far Post Op Are You And How Much Weight Have You Lost?

Neman & tobethin,

You two are doing great! My OP was Oct 4th. I started at 268 and am down to 200. I haven't lost much weight lately, but it's my fault. I've been working so much and have a very ill mother so I've been slacking with my diet. Keep updating, it's exciting to watch everyone else!

Well my operation was 3.14.12 and I'm down 43# here's the kicker Im also 11 weeks pregnant :o. Be careful ladies I had PCOS and had to be on fertility drugs to conceive my other two children. I had NEVER used birth control since being married in 1998 and not once got pregnant. My medical Dr said that typically around the 40-50# weight lose are when patients that suffer infertility are getting pregnant. Wish I was told before hand so I could have used precautions. However this is a great surprise and I'm very excited, the only thing is that I would have waited to be further out from surgery as I will have a scheduled cesarean. Also I'm due on my birthday which is sweet!

P.S. Zero morning sickness, just fatigue so I didn't lose the 3# due to being sick. Also I feel that I can now eat more frequently, same amount just more often. The only hard part is getting fluids.

03.14.12-Surgery 5'11 238#

05.31.12-198# & conceived

08.05.12-195#

02.23.13-Due Date

You guys are doing what you should be doing. I started out at the beginning of June 2012 at 372. As of today I am at 292. I have almost nothing but Protein and am in the gym doing weights and cardio at least 4 days per week. I am also only eating about 600-800 calories per day and make sure I am taking a multi Vitamin every day.

Stina

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! 43 pounds is great. Continue to eat healthy. What did the doc say about being preggers with the plication? I actually want baby #3. I wish you the best and pls keep us updated with the baby process.

I only found out two weeks ago. I had my surgery in Mexico @ OCC self pay and my regular insurance is through Kaiser. The only thing I told them was that I had bariatric surgery and they said that the bariatric department will monitor me throughout my pregnancy. I haven't got into the details of what surgery I had just yet. They are supposed to contact me within 2 weeks. I did the regular pregnancy blood tests and the results were all within normal range. So far so good, just wish I could drink more fluids easier.

I am excited to read about all of the successful weightloss stories! I am hopeful to have one of my own soon. I am looking into the plication procedure at Angeles Health. Has anyone had the plication procedure at Angeles Health in Mexico? If so, please provide details regarding which doctor and your experience. :D

I just had my band removed and plication done. Most of the pain is gone, more soreness then pain. So far I am done 8lbs. Day of surgery I was 198, my doctore told me to start on purée foods for two weeks than soft for a week then regular foods. I don't really know the different from purée and soft? If you chew the soft foods long enough it is purée . I had it done aug 8, 12. I will keep you posted.

Hi all. Surgery date 7-16-12 and I am down a total of 42 pounds. Started at 295 now at 253. Pre Op was 17 pound loss and 25 since surgery. I am still loosing. eating mostly all Protein. I have had a few Snacks here and there but not over doing the carb thing. Feel great. Need to work out to keep the weight loss going my goal is 170 pounds so 83 more pounds to go! Congrats to everyone on doing so well. GiGi

So far I am down 7lbs, but I just had knee surgery yesterday my knee is swollen. In much pain.

Okay so hey there! I'm new to this forum and I had my plication done in March, 5 months ago. I have only lost 30 pounds so far. I reached my current weight, 270, 5 weeks out and have not list a pound since. I keep with a great diet, under 1200 calories per day, and mostly Protein. I really thought I would have lost more, with going to the gym 5 days a week and doing the Zumba and spin classes 2x a week. This surgery has been nothing but a disappointment from the start. I have seen many people in the same predicament as I am in, and it annoys me how the say "oh it's all my fault that I'm not losing, even tho I go to the gym and eat right". Like NO, it is not your fault, obviously this surgery does not work for many many many people who are doing everything right. Before I had surgery I could eat about 3 regular size pieces of pizza and be full, after the surgery I can eat two and be just regular full, and then 20-30 minutes later I'm going in for the third slice. I have only gone down one jean size, I was a 24 at start, I am a 20-22 now, depending on the brand. I feel virtually no restriction, even tho I eat right and work out. I can eat only slightly less then what I used to eat. Honestly, I'm sick of people saying it is their fault, when it isn't. My friends and my mother always say "well you just have a quitters mentality", but I don't I have done everything that my surgeon said to do, and more, and I am ready to be done. I honest to God gave 150%, with no luck. Once I can save some money I will be revising to gastric bypass. This surgery was the wrong choice for me, and many others on here, from what I read. I am very disappointed, I did everything right, and this is what I get :(

I keep thinking I ruined my stomach because I eat too fast or too much. Do they nomally check it on Xray or do you have to ask? I had the plication 4 months ago and have lost about 47lbs. I track my food on myfitnesspal.com and nomally always stay under my 60 carbs. I have noticed that I might gain 2lbs one week and then lose 4 lbs the next month, my Dr. says that happens byt I think that is strange. Any good tips? Sometimes I just want a doughnut and iced chai so bad but I don't, have not had either since April, sweets are my downfall but I don't eat them anymore, I have found some sugar free ice cream and candy I like. I do have issues with getting enough Water and not drinking the 30/15 min before/after bit. I just feel that I screwed it up along the way cause it isn't going the way I thought!

HI everyone. I just went in for my 3 month follow up appointment. I had the Plication done on July 16th 2012. It feels like it was much longer than that. My starting weight was 295 pounds and when they weighed me I was 237 so that is 58 pounds in 3 months. I am excited about the results. I eat good most of the time but I have my days where my choices are not so great. I am exercising at least 3 times a week. I can actually run on the treadmill which is something I never thought I would do! My clothes are very loose but until I am down to 225 I am not buying anything new. I was a 24 and now can fit comfortably into a 18. I have lost over 55 inches all over and I am loosing inches evenly. My restriction is very good but I have a cookie here and there or a piece of chocolate or a glass of wine. I am not perfect by any means. I have plateaued again but I have been here before. To kick start the lossing I just switch back to my protien shakes for Breakfast and lunch (no snacking) and chicken or fish for dinner. Doing that for a week does the trick so that is where I am headed on Monday. It also shrinks up your stomach again too which is a nice feeling. I am still a classic emotional eater so I am looking into getting some help in that area. I have to break that habit.

It is great hearing everyones stories!