Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Screw this hair shedding- Saying bye bye to 10+ inches

I'm in my 3rd month of post of and my hair has been shedding hike CrAzY!!! Dr said it could possible shed from 1 to 18 months. WTH 18 MONTHS?

I know since my hair is extra long its been making it look twice as bad

BEFORE

post-28028-1381381256884_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]4230[/ATTACH]

AFTER .. I chopped it myself.

post-28028-13813812569123_thumb.png

[ATTACH]4231[/ATTACH]

because the strands are so long. I was so sick of hair EVERYWHERE I chopped it into a A-Line Bob. I know its not gonna slow the process down but it ain't gonna be as much hair. Plus ponytail and weak hair roots make things even worse.

New body.. new hair.. and a whole new tude to go with it. LOL

Short Hair... #SummertimeSwag

Whoop! Whoop!

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---

Love the new hairstyle, very stylish! You can grow it again someday. Or you may even learn to love it shorter. :-)

Love the new hairstyle' date=' very stylish! You can grow it again someday. Or you may even learn to love it shorter. :-)[/quote']

That's so true!

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 3 mons post op. CW: 165.0 lbs. --- Only 15 lbs to my goal ---

Are you taking Biotin? I have very thin hair and was soooo worried about losing hair, I do not miss a day of taking my biotin. I am 15 months post op and have not lost any hair !!! I am very lucky !!

Love love love the new do!!! I'm thinking if/once my hair starts thinning I'll get some extensions. Hopefully I can make it through summer without having to get them tho. It's too dang hot. Plus it would be nice to have super long hair in the fall. I'll buy some cute hats to wear too.

Are you taking Biotin? I have very thin hair and was soooo worried about losing hair' date=' I do not miss a day of taking my Biotin. I am 15 months post op and have not lost any hair !!! I am very lucky !![/quote']

I use to take iy before my surgery (still have some). Never really started after surgery. Well no I did take it a few times and it made me feel like I was hungry so I stopped. I seem to be eating way more when I took it and it made me nervous.

I think I'll start up tonight. My many do you take? My nails are splitting so I can definitely use some.

Love love love the new do!!! I'm thinking if/once my hair starts thinning I'll get some extensions. Hopefully I can make it through summer without having to get them tho. It's too dang hot. Plus it would be nice to have super long hair in the fall. I'll buy some cute hats to wear too.

I'm so in love with long hair too. I had been growing my hair out for 5 years and he back was almost waist length. I had started using clip ins for a little more fullness but because the hair roots get weak after surgery the clips were causing it to.shed more.. and the pony tails and messy Buns were pulling too. Once the shedding slows down ill buy someone clips for a varity of looks.

But I will say... Id rather be skinny than have super long hair. My cute bob looks good with my new body.

Are you being really careful about your Protein and Vitamins? My hair stopped shedding within a month when I was really diligent on both. Love the haircut' date=' however.[/quote']

Oh yeah I'm totally on my Protein. I always get like 85 grams and plus in a day and always take my vitamins.. but Ice always been a Vitamin freak.

Girl u look good!! If u are having alot if problems with your hair' date=' you can try taking Biotin but in my opinion you don't need it u look great! ;)[/quote']

I'm gonna start taking it again tonight. I did before surgery and then I started up 2 weeks after surgery and the Biotin made me feel like I was hungry and my eating increased so I stopped.

You're a talented hair stylist. I cut my own bangs once and looked like a cabbage patch doll. You look awesome.

U look great! How many pounds have you lost? I'm not looking forward to losing hair, but I'm sure with the weight loss, I won't give a crap. It is just hair it'll grow back.

You're a talented hair stylist. I cut my own bangs once and looked like a cabbage patch doll. You look awesome.

Thanks girl.... When I was 18 I went to beauty school and got my license (which is expired). Shortly after I received it I went to school to be an accountant. More money! LOL

Over the year I've had 4 kids (Ill be 40 this year). Im always doing hair. Shaving my son up like usher, braiding my baby and middle daughters hair. Cutting, weaving, dying my oldest and I try to keep my hair

Fried, died and laid to the side... LOL

:-)

U look great! How many pounds have you lost? I'm not looking forward to losing hair' date=' but I'm sure with the weight loss, I won't give a crap. It is just hair it'll grow back.[/quote']

I've lost 92.8 lbs. Went from a 22 and now I'm in a 9. I had lost 40 before surgery and the rest since March 2013 (surgery date)