Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm glad this thread was started. So my bariatric team tells me to take 2 multi Vitamins a day, 2 calcium citrate a day, 1 B12 a day , 1 Iron a day and one Vitamin D once a week.

I go to see my internal medicine primary doctor (not surgeon office) and she tells me that I only need 1 multi, no Calcium the rest is the same.

I'm confused. My gut tells me to do what the bariatric team told me to do, but I trust my doctor and she will be the one looking at my labs going forward.

I certainly don't want to develop deficiencies, but I don't want to take a bunch of Vitamins if I don't have too! Not to mention, you can't just take them all at the same time of the day either.

I'm curious to know if your surgeon is requiring the same dosage of vitamins.

Start weight 224, Surgery weight 205, Current weight 199

I take

One Multivitamin chewable - twice daily

Three calcium citrate chewables - three daily

One B12 sublingual - one daily

Two Vitamin D liquigels - once daily

I tend to be D deficient - I get sun poisoning so I avoid the sun - so the strength I take varies from 1000 to 5000.

I would listen to my WLS team over my regular doctor for bariatric-related advice. They are the experts in that particular field.

I take

One Multivitamin chewable - twice daily

Three Calcium citrate chewables - three daily

One B12 sublingual - one daily

Two Vitamin D liquigels - once daily

I tend to be D deficient - I get sun poisoning so I avoid the sun - so the strength I take varies from 1000 to 5000.

I would listen to my WLS team over my regular doctor for bariatric-related advice. They are the experts in that particular field.

Thanks Terry. I talked to my Nut again and I've been taking the Vitamins as the bariatric team has advised. My Nut also told me that it takes a year or more to see any deficiencies. I was surprised that it takes that long, if you develop them.

I take a bariatric chewable in the morning' date=' also a prevacid (I will take this for six months after surgery). Two hours later I take a calcium citrate, two hours later another and then two hours later another...[/quote']

Thanks beckyford. I've been spacing them out too.

Hi I'm surprised also as my doc wants blood tests every three months for the first year. Remember your nut is not a doctor. Check this with him. After all he is the expert on this procedure.

Thanks Terry. I talked to my Nut again and I've been taking the Vitamins as the bariatric team has advised. My Nut also told me that it takes a year or more to see any deficiencies. I was surprised that it takes that long' date=' if you develop them.

Start weight 224, Surgery weight 205, Current weight 199[/quote']

Ill be a medical geek her and respectfully disagree. You can see Iron deficiencies and anemia within weeks and permanent nerve damage from B12 deficiency starts as early as 6 months....perhaps your nut was thinking of different deficiencies but glad you'll be seeing your doc soon!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

Anyone else sick to death with taking all their Vitamins everyday? Just thinking of them makes me ill..

Almost 3 weeks post surgery..

no IM not sick of taking my Vitamins I would much rather take them than to have to take metformin, insulin, prilosec, losartan with hctz, ultram ibuprofen all those things that I had to take to try to prevent the other obesity related conditions from being overweight for far to long. IM loving the thought of only having to 3 vitamins 2x daily and being healthier. surgery date is 9/30/13