Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg you sound just like me. I started the pre op diet for two weeks' date=' had surgery, went to my one week appt and had lost 25 lbs. Here I am 7 weeks later down only 4 more. Very discouraged. I bike 5 miles a day and 25 minutes on the elliptical Ughhhh[/quote']

Sorry to hear youre haveing the same trouble Mary. I was sure hoping this was going to be the last step in getting there.

Youre doing a great job with your activity. I could probably use a boost there. Its easy to get discouraged though.

I keep telling myself that i can choose where i want to be in 12 weeks... I have 3 choices...

12 lbs lost

No lbs lost

Lbs gained

I know it seems a simple mantra, but it helps me stay focused. I have a real hard time staying on track when im loosing 1/2 lb at time.

I am still holding out hope that the weight loss is going to pick up a bit. I sure hope tbe same for you!!!!

If you figure out how to pick up the pace let us know.

I eat lean Protein with veggies fruit dairy and a small amount of whole grains and legumes

Whole foods only, nothing processed.

Take care and hang in there!!!!!

Thanks for keeping the thread alive mlola... and congradulations Candace (nothing better than being home and getting your life back)

For me... still struggling with weight loss. I'm pretty discouraged at times. Its been 1 month since surgery. If I watch every calorie I put in my body and work out religiously' date=' I seem to be able to loose about 1lb per week. I could do that before the revision. I get really scared I just gave myself a malabsorption/dumping problem for absolutly no reason. Ugh....

I feel quite whiny when I post these thing.... sorry :unsure:

Are others having this issue?[/quote']

I don't think you are alone in your struggle. That's why we had the surgery in the first place! I think you have to try and look at the big picture. If you are exercising and eating as you should you will lose and you must be healthier! I am 5 weeks out and have lost 27 lbs but my surgeon warned me that most people will not lose at all the first month. Your body hangs onto Fluid after it's been through the trauma of surgery. Just keep going and it will happen! Hang in there. I understand the whiny! I whined quite a bit the first 4 weeks because I was so tired and in pain. I am just now finally feeling like myself.

Good luck to you and don't give up yet! Remember this is a lifestyle change, not just another diet or gimmick.

Sue

I don't think you are alone in your struggle. That's why we had the surgery in the first place! I think you have to try and look at the big picture. If you are exercising and eating as you should you will lose and you must be healthier! I am 5 weeks out and have lost 27 lbs but my surgeon warned me that most people will not lose at all the first month. Your body hangs onto Fluid after it's been through the trauma of surgery. Just keep going and it will happen! Hang in there. I understand the whiny! I whined quite a bit the first 4 weeks because I was so tired and in pain. I am just now finally feeling like myself.

Good luck to you and don't give up yet! Remember this is a lifestyle change' date=' not just another diet or gimmick.

Sue[/quote']

I also didn't know that with revision you can expect only half the normal weight loss. I am a numbers person so the scale is really bugging me but I'm not that upset because I can see differences.

I also didn't know that with revision you can expect only half the normal weight loss. I am a numbers person so the scale is really bugging me but I'm not that upset because I can see differences.

Where did this statistic come from? I never heard we will only lose half the weight....

Where did this statistic come from? I never heard we will only lose half the weight....

The PA in my docs office

I don't know how fair it is to lump everybody into one category. Everybody is different, everybody's surgery is different and 'maybe' statistically you may only lose half of the weight others might lose, but remember, you make the decisions on what and how much you eat. The rny seems to be the gold standard and, I count myself lucky to have this surgery in my corner.

Sue

I don't know how fair it is to lump everybody into one category. Everybody is different' date=' everybody's surgery is different and 'maybe' statistically you may only lose half of the weight others might lose, but remember, you make the decisions on what and how much you eat. The rny seems to be the gold standard and, I count myself lucky to have this surgery in my corner.

Sue[/quote']

I'm not lumping....just reacting what I was told.

Hi all

Just checking in on the revisions.... Are you guys loosing? Me... Not one bit. A few lbs the first couple of weeks, then nothing. Im bitterly dissapointed and on the verge of tears !!!!!

Aw' date=' sorry to hear that. When did you have your revision?[/quote']

Im 8 weeks post op

Im so incredibly discouraged and depressed. I dont know what to do.

Aw' date=' sorry to hear that. When did you have your revision?[/quote']

I am 8 weeks out. Im so incredibly discouraged and depressed.

What does your Doc say about it? I know we're prone to losing slower but if feel the same as you if I wasn't losing at all. How much can you eat? I can eat more than I thought I would, had a two egg omelette tonight and I'm only 3.5 weeks out? I wonder if this is because I'm a conversion.

What does your Doc say about it? I know we're prone to losing slower but if feel the same as you if I wasn't losing at all. How much can you eat? I can eat more than I thought I would' date=' had a two egg omelette tonight and I'm only 3.5 weeks out? I wonder if this is because I'm a conversion.[/quote']

Sorry for the dbl post. Dont know how to delete

Well

I had my surgery in Mexico so i dont have great follow up care. No nut or anything like that. I really dont have anyone to consult.

I can eat alot. I think you are right in that with the conversion we can eat more earlier. I could eat alot at 3.5 weeks as well.

I eat two eggs for Breakfast (could easily eat more if i tried). For lunch its usually a salad of lettuce chicken and garbanzo Beans, or a high Protein Soup i make from scratch like black bean or chicken veggie. An afternoon snack is typically ff cottage cheese and some manderine orange slices. dinner is chicken or pork and veggies. I eat other stuff if hungery but never processed food or bread of any kind. I could exercise more, but honestly i feel so defeated its hard to get motivated.

I can handle slow weight loss, but no weight loss (even a little gain of 2lbs when making the transition to solid food) is hard to take.

Do you know roughly how many calories you're taking in each day? I aim for 1000 but it's often 1200 or 1300.

Do you know roughly how many calories you're taking in each day? I aim for 1000 but it's often 1200 or 1300.

I havent been counting calories. But I would guess between 1000 and 1500. I try no to count and weigh and measure. i used to binge eat and obsessive calorie counting was usually what preceeded a binge.

If you eat between 1200 and 1300 calories how much do you usually loose in a week ?