Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the reply mlola When did you have your revision? Did the hunger ever subside? Sometimes i think that low glucose feeling is from my body not being able to absorb nutrients from food' date=' since eating doesnt really seem to help. I am hoping that is temporary as my body adjusts... I just dont know. I certainly dont want to be sipping apple juice for the rest of my life. My teeth will fall out of my head lol [/quote']

I don't know that I will be of any help at all with this because I don't have any hunger pains at all!!! And I mean none! I have to force feed myself every meal and snacks! I wasn't hungry at all with the sleeve either.

That being said, I do have the low sugar feeling sometimes I think...although I'm not entirely sure on that either...I sometimes wonder if its just low potassium since I know for a fact that I have that from lab work...either way it's a dizzy, faint feeling where I feel like I need to eat something or drink something like apple juice...

Thanks for the reply mlola

When did you have your revision?

Did the hunger ever subside?

Sometimes i think that low glucose feeling is from my body not being able to absorb nutrients from food, since eating doesnt really seem to help.

I am hoping that is temporary as my body adjusts... I just dont know. I certainly dont want to be sipping apple juice for the rest of my life. My teeth will fall out of my head lol

My revision was exactly 3 weeks ago actually. August 31st. Are you eating foods high in carbs? I'm sticking to low carb high Protein purees and noticed that I'm not getting the glucose highs and lows anymore. That might help you. Also, I limit my Protein drinks as I noticed those were giving me symptoms of dumping, which might mean they are high in sugar and carbs. I stopped taking the shakes for a week, but will try again when I hit 4 weeks because I need the Protein.

Rather than apply juice, why not just try crystal light? Its sugar free but still sweet. I sometimes add it to my Water just to give a hint of flavour.

Hi everyone,

I've been at the hospital (admitted through ER) since Friday night. I was close to being dehydrated, constipated, nausea, dry heaving and I had stomach pains. My surgeon has me NPO due to the dry heaving and he's taking me into the OR in an hour to fix whatever's wrong (possibly narrowing in lower part of my stomach and intestines -- per CT Scan).

Pray for me! Maybe surgery #4 will be the one... (sigh)

Hi everyone' date=' I've been at the hospital (admitted through ER) since Friday night. I was close to being dehydrated, constipated, nausea, dry heaving and I had stomach pains. My surgeon has me NPO due to the dry heaving and he's taking me into the OR in an hour to fix whatever's wrong (possibly narrowing in lower part of my stomach and intestines -- per CT Scan). Pray for me! Maybe surgery #4 will be the one... (sigh)[/quote']

Good luck! Hope all goes well! Keep us updated so we know what's going on with you...

Hi everyone,

I've been at the hospital (admitted through ER) since Friday night. I was close to being dehydrated, constipated, nausea, dry heaving and I had stomach pains. My surgeon has me NPO due to the dry heaving and he's taking me into the OR in an hour to fix whatever's wrong (possibly narrowing in lower part of my stomach and intestines -- per CT Scan).

Oh my.... 4 surgeries.... I will be thinking of you. Keep us posted !!!!!

My revision was exactly 3 weeks ago actually. August 31st. Are you eating foods high in carbs? I'm sticking to low carb high Protein purees and noticed that I'm not getting the glucose highs and lows anymore. That might help you. Also, I limit my Protein drinks as I noticed those were giving me symptoms of dumping, which might mean they are high in sugar and carbs. I stopped taking the shakes for a week, but will try again when I hit 4 weeks because I need the protein.

Rather than apply juice, why not just try crystal light? Its sugar free but still sweet. I sometimes add it to my Water just to give a hint of flavour.

Well....I'm afraid its the sugar in the apple juice that is keeping me going. My brain seems to just shut down without it. I haven't had any today though... just one Protein shake and an egg so far and I seem to be doing okay... maybe it was just a passing thing... fingers crossed.

Sleevedtorny : I am so sorry you are going back to surgery! Hopefully this will fix whatever is wrong. Prayers for a safe and uneventful recovery! Keep us posted.

I had band to rny done on 9/9. Other than some pain issues recovery is going well. Am finally feeling like eating a little! I get soft foods starting tomorrow (cottage cheese, eggs etc). Now is where I am going to have to practice Portion Control. It will seem strange to have a couple ounces of something and then stop!

The problems I had with the band was with my esophagus. food would sit there and not go down very easily. I lost about 70 lbs the 1st year and then slowly gained about 45 lbs over two years. With all of the adding Fluid and taking fluid out I think the band just got really irritated, and I couldn't eat anything of substance! I drank a lot of Protein Drinks and Soups. Anyways, very grateful I got this chance and am excited to move forward!

Sue

I had band to rny done on 9/9. Other than some pain issues recovery is going well. Am finally feeling like eating a little! I get soft foods starting tomorrow (cottage cheese' date=' eggs etc). Now is where I am going to have to practice Portion Control. It will seem strange to have a couple ounces of something and then stop!

The problems I had with the band was with my esophagus. food would sit there and not go down very easily. I lost about 70 lbs the 1st year and then slowly gained about 45 lbs over two years. With all of the adding Fluid and taking Fluid out I think the band just got really irritated, and I couldn't eat anything of substance! I drank a lot of Protein drinks and Soups. Anyways, very grateful I got this chance and am excited to move forward!

Sue[/quote']

Good luck! I also had rny 08/08 and im still trying to figure out portion control

Hi everyone,

Hey,

Just checking on you. How are you doing after your surgery yesterday? I hope they were finally able to fix what was wrong this time.

Yes Sleeve2RNy...how are you doing, so sorry your having problems...prayers coming your way...keep us posted ...

Candace, how are you dong?? hope your ok..please keep us updated,,

well i had my revision on the 19th. the recovery was rough. i just went home today. the pain wasnt bad, but the nausea was. im trying to sip on some chicken broth as I type. i was starting to feel better today and so far nor reflux!

So.... Are any of you revisions having trouble loosing? Im 3 weeks out and havent lost a lb.

So.... Are any of you revisions having trouble loosing? Im 3 weeks out and havent lost a lb.

I am 6 weeks out today and I am just now starting to lose weight again...I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks, but to be completely honest I didn't want to. I was one of those who had the sleeve to bypass revision at goal weight. Since then I'm down to 130 and I'm 46 years old. I didn't want to lose anymore weight anyway so I'm afraid to go back into the weight losing mode now.

Be patient...the weight will start coming off, from what I've read thru posts and online, it's a stall and the weight loss will prevail.