Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. George Fielding - Dr. fielding, NYU

He wasn't my surgeon but I hear he's one of the best in fact he has the Lap Band himself and I believe he has done thousand's and is one of the pioneers in banding. What did you think of him?

i like him very much..so far. But of course I have not been banded yet. I first went to him about two years ago because he was a pioneer and was so impresed that he was banded...that's a walking advertisement, he looks great btw. He is an Aussie and very approachable and fortright. The waiting room the other day became a support group..we were all laughing and talking..and for the first time in memory, I was one of the thinner people in the room:)

Dr. Fielding is hands down one of the greatest band surgeons in the world. In fact, he impressed me so much when I heard him speak it was one of the reasons I started banding in the first place. You could not possibly be in better hands!

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

Has anyone had lap-band done by Dr. Fielding. I am scheduled for 3/5 and would love some info.

yes, he is most definitely an Aussie. The best part is that he has a band! So he definitely knows the drill..thanks for all the support...surgery is 3 weeks from tomorrow...I am starting to get very nervous/excited

mags

Congrats, as I hear his one of the very best. Turns out my surgeon studied under him, learned to do the surgery from him, actually!!!

Has anyone had lap-band done by Dr. Fielding. I am scheduled for 3/5 and would love some info.

Dr. Fielding is *amazing*

He banded on 10/23 and it's been a great ride. I'll be seeing him again on 2/27 for another fill and I'm really excited about it. You'll be in great hands... and not just him, the whole office is awesome.

If you have any questions about the surgery or what to expect, please feel free to PM me. My friend is also having surgery her surgery on 3/5.

You just know it's going to be a great day! Good luck, Mags.

Hi there,

I attended an info session conducted by Dr. Fielding and I agree-he seems like an incredible doc. This was just last week, and I'm still pondering the whole surgery. How did you feel about the sessions with the nutritionist and the psychologist? I'm trying to get an appt as soon as possible with Dr. Huberman, so any feedback on the entire process leading up to the approval would be very much appreciated. Thanks for any suggestions, information, and help you can offer,

Best,

Mari

I will be getting my band from Dr. Fielding.. i see him next on 7/3 and should get my date then.. Can't wait...

Dr Fielding is wonderful and one of the God's of banding. He did mine AUG7,2006 Danni and Julie's. Julie lost 150 pounds in a year.....I'm on a slower pace but I'm older.......good luck...

NYGMEN - you'll have to come back and let us know when your date is!!! We're rooting for you :) Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

Spunky - you're doing great! How nice was it to go into a new year and not only didn't you gain but you were down 30 pounds! That's awesome! Keep on keepin' on wink.gif

The whole team (staff) is very supportive. They answer all questions and Tami and DR F have had the banding themselves. Just remember the band is a tool .....you still have to do the work....He's so great that his office is doing a study on banding teenager. Help them while their young so they won't get all the health issues that go along with obesity.

Lots of luck......you have taken the first step.....you will do GREAT!!Feel free to ask me any questions....

Thanks Everyone, I'm sure as the day gets here i will be asking you guys a lot..I'm very happy that he will be doing it.. I would have been hapy with Dr. Ren also but i hear such great thing about Dr. Fielding.. I can't wait..