Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 1/2 Months Post Op And Pregnant

I am petrified! Found out im 6 weeks preg. For the past two days i havr had non stop vomiting and dry heaving. Cant tolerate foods, liquids or my own saliva.

I am waiting to hear back from OB and Surgeon as I type. I was using consims with my husband as this is unplanned!!! I am so worried!

Anyone else got pregg before time?

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Idk if I should say sorry or congratulations. Well is it dangerous since you can't eat & just had surgery? Can they reverse you now so your baby can survive? Is this your first child? To me kids are a blessing but it's at a short notice so soon after surgery. Wishing you all the best.

I dont know. Went to the hospital today for dehydration and found out its twins! So im looking for a high risk ob and meet with my bariatric surgeon Wed! Im praying for great nutrition and healthy babies. Will keep you posted.

I dont know. Went to the hospital today for dehydration and found out its twins! So im looking for a high risk ob and meet with my bariatric surgeon Wed! Im praying for great nutrition and healthy babies. Will keep you posted.

Best of luck

I think you will be okay. Don't stress. At my first consultation appt the PA told me that they had a patient that was pregnant at the time of surgery because she(unbeknownst to them) had unprotected sex the night before surgery. They of course did a pregnancy test on her just like they do on all female patients and it came out negitive. Anyways, the baby came out fine and everything. During the pregnancy she had to see a special nutritionist though. Best wishes for your two tiny precious bundles of joy! You can do this! It will all be okay. It always is. You just keep on keeping on. I wish the best of health to you and your babies.

My friend was pregnant in the first 6 months and did just fine. Just make sure you stay in close touch with your OB and Bariatric Sugeon. And keep up on you supplements/Pre natal vits. She actually had to switch to liquid form thru the first trimester thanks to morning sickness.

Congratulations! This is certainly an exciting year for you! It sounds like you are already doing the right things by getting early prenatal care. Obviously you will have to work really hard to get Protein, Vitamins, folate, Calcium, and Water - but healthy little twins are the perfect motivation!!

Take care of yourself and enjoy this magical time, babies are such a blessing!

Research, research, research the different high risk ob's in your area. Get consultations before you commit to any one. I had a friend whose insurance wouldn't let her switch when she realized that her high risk wasn't progressive enough for her liking. Find out what their plan of action is for all the what ifs. Even when they tell you to stop what if-ing things that haven't or probably won't happen.

Congratulations!

Congrats on your two little blessings. All will work out, just follow the doctor's orders and take care of yourself and those babies.

Congratulations

Thanks. Ive been spotting and found out one of the twins placentas partially detached so im on bedrest. In the midst of all this, i have to move from ny to fl and find new drs. On the good side, i did hear the two babies heart beats.