Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1) did anyone start off a smaller patient? I'm going in for surgery Thursday @ 220.... & 30 yes old. I'm curious about the speed of weight loss, loose skin.

2) did anyone have heart palpitations prior to surgery? I have been struggling with them for years and am hoping that they will deminsh.

3) lastly, anyone have low Iron due to heavy periods? I have also struggled with this & am hoping that these two things will correct over time with some weight loss.

I can't wait to feel better...

I was put ion Iron pills due to low iron. My menstrual cycle is HORRIBLE! Very heavy and could last anywhere from 3 days to a month! Yes, a month! The Iron pills have an adverse reaction with me tho. Most get constipated.. not me. So I no longer take them.

The heart palpitations i also have. I suffer from panic attaches. I feel as if i'm having a heart attach when I have one. Not sure if it's what you're talking about though.

I have suffered with palpitations for years as well.

I had some the night I got home after surgery. I was exhausted-usually a trigger for mine.

It scared the heck out of me but I was so tired I just knocked out

I'm 7 weeks post-op and I've lost a total of 45 pounds. I've also cut my caffeine intake by about 90%. I'm sure both of things played a major role.

No palpitations since that day. Fingers crossed.

My periods have always been super heavy and last more than a week sometimes. I've only had one since surgery so I hope to see some improvement there. Miraculously I have only tested anemic a couple times in my adult life.

I hope you get the relieve you're looking for.

Oh, and I was 215 the day of surgery, after losing 19 pounds preop. I'm now 189 7 weeks out. I'm losing slowly. The doctors seem to think I'm doing great though. Whatever, all I know is I feel so much better now!

1) did anyone start off a smaller patient? I started at 197 the day of surgery.

I'm going in for surgery Thursday @ 220.... & 30 yes old. I'm curious about the speed of weight loss' date=' loose skin. I haven't yet experience the loose skin. Weight lost depends on individual body.

2) did anyone have heart palpitations prior to surgery? Nope

3) lastly, anyone have low Iron due to heavy periods? No but I do have heavy period.

I can't wait to feel better...[/quote']

From what I read the smaller you are pre-op the slower you loose.

I don't have any of your symptoms, however I did have many years ago. I had a partial hysterectomy at the age of 23 due to heavy periods. It was caused by a break down in the uterine wall. I have an occasional skipped beat, but I'm almost 58 years old, too. I am losing very slowly now. It's frustrating! I'm averaging about 3 pounds a week. I was 283 pre Protein diet, 275 day of surgery, 260 one week after surgery and as of today, I weigh 239 and I am 7 weeks out. I hope that helps some.

I don't have any of your symptoms' date=' however I did have many years ago. I had a partial hysterectomy at the age of 23 due to heavy periods. It was caused by a break down in the uterine wall. I have an occasional skipped beat, but I'm almost 58 years old, too. I am losing very slowly now. It's frustrating! I'm averaging about 3 pounds a week. I was 283 pre Protein diet, 275[/quote']

270 day of surgery and 239 this morning and I am 7 weeks post op. hope that helps!

1) did anyone start off a smaller patient? I'm going in for surgery Thursday @ 220.... & 30 yes old. I'm curious about the speed of weight loss' date=' loose skin.

2) did anyone have heart palpitations prior to surgery? I have been struggling with them for years and am hoping that they will deminsh.

3) lastly, anyone have low Iron due to heavy periods? I have also struggled with this & am hoping that these two things will correct over time with some weight loss.

I can't wait to feel better...[/quote']

1. I would consider myself a smaller patient I weighed 250 as my high but the day I had surgery I was 233. I've started to loose slower now that I'm 5 months out but inches are coming off like crazy! I work out 5 days a week, 3 of those days are cardio & weight training and 2 days are just cardio! I've lost 86 lbs in just 5 months!

2. Yes I had terrible heart palps and I was required to see a heart dr prior to my surgery! My EKG came back normal so they cleared me for surgery. I used to also have self induced anxiety attacks because my heart would start to flutter and I would freak out and it would cause a anxiety attack! I can happily say I have not had an anxiety attack or any heart fluttering/palps since I had surgery! I actually was surprised that I could barely feel my heart beating after surgery as before it always felt like it was pounding!

3. Before surgery I hadn't had a period in almost 5 years due to the fact that I had the IUD and breastfed my son for 9 months then the day after my surgery I had a period it was light and manageable. Then I started having a regular monthly period and 3 months post op I skipped a period and thought omg I'm pregnant but ended up getting 2 periods the next month then I skipped another month and then for the last week I've had my periods every other week it's been crazy my last period (tmi I know) I filled a pad in 30 minutes which I had never done my entire life! My periods were always 3 days and the 1st day was spotting, 2nd day was normal but light and then 3rd day was just spotting again so to have a period so heavy I freaked out and then my period ended up lasting 11 days...definitely not used to that! My weight has been all over the place and I finally my period stopped and when I weighed myself I was back at my normal weight and actually down 4 lbs.

I hope my answers have helped you in some way!!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

1) did anyone start off a smaller patient? I'm going in for surgery Thursday @ 220.... & 30 yes old. I'm curious about the speed of weight loss, loose skin.

I can't wait to feel better...

I am a "smaller" patient too. I am 230lbs right now and waiting for my date. I have had WLS before lost some weight but not enough.

I also have an Iron deficiency anemia which is caused by my extremely heavy periods and by my inability to properly absorb B12. Im hoping these will resolve..I hope it resolves for you as well!

No prob.

Im 5'6.