Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depressed....

Post op for 3 months now and I just realized I am so depressed. I know its not over the food and I am not dwelling on the past. Currently what's bothering me is how soft my body is. I have been very solid and now total opposite. Yes I know it was to get healthy and look at where I will be but, for me its not that simple. I am scared of spiraling out of control. This isn't my first rodeo with depression etc. I am currently on anti-depressants and mood stabilizer but nothing seems to help. At this point I am at a loss and not sure what to do next.

I have been depressed myself. I think that this is all about so much more than loosing weight.. When the weight comes off we realize that its not the answer to our problems, and then we must face the difficult task of getting real with ourselves about the issues in our lives that really need to be addressed. That's tough especially when we have hid behind a wall of weight for so long. I believe that only those things that we don't face and tackle eat at our contentment and happiness. I am guilty of this myself. Why we choose the miserableness over the cure I have not figured out.

I would look into some client centered therapy because meds are good to help control our moods but sometime we need to get deeper into the cause of it.

Thank u for your response.. Before surgery I went to therapy for few months 2 day per week. Now that I am post op I only go once per week. I wish I could explain how I feel. I do know this is a new issue and for once not from my past

I understand how you feel but you have a support system here and if you have any questions or needs I'm sure there is someone that is willing to always help you out. It is normal to have new concerns or fears about having a major life changing surgery like the sleeve. The way you used to control your emotions are limited if food was your comfort. Everyone is able to have a few bad days or even a period of time where he or she may feel as if they doubt what they or etc. One good thing about having been depressed before and taking therapy is that you have those tools to rely on when you feel like your in a bad spot. Lets face it once your depressed there is no magic cure or nothing anyone can do just at that moment to make you feel as if you won't ever have those feelings again. I hope that my words have brought some comfort. You are entitled to feel good about yourself and your life. Now that you know its not food think of some ways that you can improve your body, maybe going to work out more, personal trainer, working out with a friend or loved one. Try and think of anything that's a positive way to keep you motivated.

Have you started an exercise program? This might help with toning up your body and giving it back some definition. Also exercise can help lift your mood too. Best wishes.

I'm sorry you are struggling. Depression is no fun. Posting and reaching out are good. Vitamin D and fish oil are a must for me. I have some fears about this after reading about reduced absorption of vit D after sleeve surgery. I was doing so well with walking daily. The past few days have not gone well, feeling down, no energy, curled up in a ball. I'm hoping its just a bad case of PMS coming on.

You are not alone!

Just saw this. I hope you're doing better! Diff brands of vit D make ALL the difference. I ordered one on line I found thru a natural website called Stop Aging Now brand. Different name I know but man I felt awesome. Made a HUGE difference. I hope you gotnover the hump. Write back if you feel the need. My sleeve is TOMORROW! so excited but scared too!

Post op for 3 months now and I just realized I am so depressed. I know its not over the food and I am not dwelling on the past. Currently what's bothering me is how soft my body is. I have been very solid and now total opposite. Yes I know it was to get healthy and look at where I will be but' date=' for me its not that simple. I am scared of spiraling out of control. This isn't my first rodeo with depression etc. I am currently on anti-depressants and mood stabilizer but nothing seems to help. At this point I am at a loss and not sure what to do next.[/quote']

How are you feeling now? I have had major depression for years, along with bi-polar. Stabilized on meds now. Surgery in two weeks. Concerned about relapse also. I would be happy to talk with you. Positive thoughts sent your way!

Im depressed again cuz I'm gaining weight again two yrs out post sleeve. So frustrating