Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am new to and supposed to have this surgery 10-24-13. I would love to have all those answers too. :)

I did a post asking what the best flavor Protein Drink there is for flavor the one that several people liked was called Premier and you can get samples.< /p>

Unjury was another and I have tried it and it was shockingly good to me and I HATE healthy anything (I could have write your post lol). They also have a chicken Soup flavor that several people liked. I called Unjury and ordered a sample pack of all 5 flavored they have.

I do know you will be on a liquid diet before and after for almost 6-8 WEEKS which I'm told is the hardest part... But once that is over it seems to he worth it.

Also there are Water based Protein Drinks if you don't want them think.

My friend did sleeve lust 75 in a year and is maintaining. She said if you go to a GNC health food Vitamin store tell them you are looking for Protein drinks they are they only store that will let you return it if you don't like the flavor!!! And that is great because they are not cheap so that should really help you out trying to find what works for you.

I hope that helps good luck to you!!!

liquid diet requirements vary greatly by Dr. My program had no liquid diet pre-op (2 weeks low-carb only) and only 1 week post-op before pureed stage. I had no problems. By the way, Unjury is available online only but it's worth it.

The reason that you need to chew your food a lot us 2 fold.

First, right after surgery your stomach is irritated and chewed food makes it easier to digest. Second reason is that chewing food takes time and makes you feel fuller on less food. Helping you eat less but also feel full.

Chewing also helps your body absorb all the Protein and nutrients better.

I wouldn't let the Protein shakes be a deal breaker at all. Go out and try several kinds. Syntrax nectar is, to me, by far the tastiest. I LOVE the chocolate truffle. It mixes wonderfully with unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk. Isopure has gotten me through the clear liquid phase. I tried several flavors pre surgery to determine which ones I could stomach (pardon the pun). And as other posters have mentioned, the unjury chicken Soup is the bomb dot com.

It really just comes down to how bad you want this. The liquid phase is only temporary, and the way I see it, the end will certainly justify the means. Of course I'm talking all big and only day 4 post-op but I'm already feeling a bit thinner. True story!

I haven't had the surgery yet, so I cannot comment on your post except for the Protein Shake part... Well, sort of... In addition to the flavorless Protein Powder that you can mix into anything, I'm on pre-op and am already sick of the shakes, but I found out about unflavored Liquid Protein as well, just one ounce is about 10 to 15 g of Protein. I'm not too sure about how my doctor would feel about it, but I think I'm going to check it out tomorrow!

i'm only two days post op, but you need that Protein (at least 60-80g/day)! it's the only thing we are really allowed to eat/get nutrition off of. sipping Water takes a while to get used to, especially if you're used to gulping like i was. Premier Protein ready to drink shakes are great. my husband gets it at bj's for a good price. i also love the body fortress chocolate Peanut Butter with a cup of skim milk. it tastes like a reeses shake. but there are so many options to protein, i'm sure you'll find something that works for you! good luck!

I'm pre-op (hoping to have surgery on 11/14/13). I can tell you what I'm doing...

I have ordered samples from Unjury (not yet arrived). I'm looking forward to trying the chicken Soup for a savory component.

You can also go to mybariatricpantry.com and they have a sample section that will allow you to order smaller sizes to try out prior to surgery.

I've also gone into Natural Grocers and our local drugstore to find single serving shakes to see if they are even in the ballpark.

In total, I think I've spent about $75 on samples just to prepare. I probably won't order any more unless I find the stuff I have on the way so repugnant.

I hope this helps. I wish you luck in your decision making process. This is a big leap of faith and your fears and concerns are certainly normal.